Combine Dethecus with another low pop server

31 Draenei Mage
I was hoping the GM's would look at combining Dethecus with another low population server. I love my toons here, but I almost never play them because the economy is poor and there is very little going on over here. Finding another population of players with the same problem and adding the two together might help to get things moving.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
/sign
<3
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
Blizz is hoping that you just pay your 25 dollars and leave on your own.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
/sign
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
/sign our AH is depressing..
Edited by Ujellybro on 1/23/2012 12:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I doubt blizzard will take any action that would draw attention from investors and players. If they merged servers people will begin to question the prosperity of WoW and wonder why a server merge is necessary unless the amount of people playing has dropped dramatically. On the other hand if they merged servers they can cut back on some maintenance and other costs.
Edited by Ithuno on 1/25/2012 6:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
31 Draenei Mage
Ithuno, you have some great points about the potential negatives of a server merger. Dethecus has been around for a long time. No matter how good a game is, peoples lives change and it is reasonable to expect some player attrition over time. To the best of my understanding, new players are not currently routed to older, low population servers. Therefore, it is reasonable to expect that, at some point, older realms will be lower in "active players". Lowering maintenance costs, as you suggested, and improving the play experience of those who remain on these servers will help to reduce subscription losses. This is a win/win for everyone.

Blizz, please combine us with another server or route us some fresh blood from the new players. The second alternative is probably not the most equitable arrangement for them :-)
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
You know what helps their bottom line?

Your $25
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
01/28/2012 09:19 PMPosted by Squig

You know what doesn't help their bottom line? Me getting frustrated with the negatives of a low pop server, not wanting to pay the $25 and unsubbing.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
If you signed their 1 year thing, they're not the least bit worried about that.
Reply Quote
40 Dwarf Paladin
I sent an e-mail to blizzard, asking then to consider a realm merge. I got a prompt reply stating that they were glad to have my input, and requested that I post my suggestion on the forums, as they noted that the forums are monitored. Well, looking at the forums, it is very plain that many have this same complaint It is time for Blizzard to do something about this! Come on guys, get this resolved, the support is deffinitely present!
Edited by Joberan on 2/1/2012 8:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
"10 people agree with me, they should do something that effects the hundred other people who dont!"
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
/sign merge dethecus! things are getting boring in this wasteland
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
Thank god I helped their bottom line and parted with a precious $25 to get out of here.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
I helped their bottom line by moving all my characters back here.

Trust me, this is no where close to the worst server.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
I would have to agree with doing a server merge with another low pop one. Two years ago when I made all my toons on this realm, it was fairly busy. AH at least had some items posted that weren't hugely over priced. I've started to either make my own things now or just don't bother with an item any more. For a game that wants you to dump as much time into it as it does with all of the professions and anything else they create, this server has done the opposite. I do almost everything solo now except for the occasional 5 man. If it wasn't for the cross realms 5 mans or now the raids, you wouldn't be able to do anything here.

This severely needs to be looked at and given the chance to merge with another low pop server and breath some new life into this realm.
Reply Quote
18 Night Elf Priest
/sign
Reply Quote
73 Human Warlock
They should do free transfers from Archimonde again.
Reply Quote
64 Goblin Mage
I moved to Illidan this weekend. So far I am extremely happy with the move. I should never have wasted so much time on Dethecus.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
Welcome back to Dethecus' forums.

You cant stay away.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]