Boxing Not Illegal????

(Locked)

84 Goblin Mage
I find it amazing that both GM and people think that boxing shouldn't be illegal.

I think each situation should be looked at it's own merrits.

5 Warriors boxing I would perhaps say that's a disadvantage on any level.

Now 5 shamans boxing and you say there is no advantage.

Ok 5 shaman drop 1 fire totem each, that is devastating but the totems are automated, same way if they dropped a rock elemental totem and fire elemental or they did feral spirits. There is no controller input requied.

The boxer is controlling none of the other toons. And you say no advantage. if you said that the person was controlling each individual shaman i would say sure knock yourself out.

But when the games has a certain element of automation. I think they need to look closley.

5 Frost Mages with 5 Water elementals which are autocasthing again no advantage?

5 Hunters with 5 pets auto attacking?

5 Dk's (unholy) in nature all having a minion again no advantage.

You guys are crazy at best.

Sure you can say that boxing is a normal practice but you guys just don't see the bigger picture, oh it take skill and effort, sure if the person on the other end of the computer was running all 5 characters with no external computer program involved.

But like others have said, they make a computer program to help boxing, that in fact is a breach of blizzard rules. They say no external programme.

To think that a person would run a box character without any other assistance from external programmes and macro's are insane.

I would love to meet the people who run box characters with either, 5 keyboards, 5 pc's, 5 monitors running simultaneously, or the person who has 5 opened WoW programmes on the same pc, that would have to be one big !@# pc.

You say that the input is made by human.

I don't care which boxing programme you are using. It is an external programme that is running the other toons.

You say one person runs the original command and the others mirror, but that makes it non automated.

It's not one person telling each individual toon what to do. And if you said that was what was happening I wouldn't mind it so much. But that's not what happening.

I don't see the difference between semi automating a character and call it boxing that's ok or fully automating a character it's called botting and it's not ok.

Any botted character would of needed a human to originally input commands. A bot just relays those commands in a sequence.

Wow kinda sounds like boxing.

Same way as if i was to log into wow, i can tell the programme to "automatically" fill in my information and I click ok and enter. Am i really automated it. The answer is yes.
If you wish to make a suggestion regarding making Multiboxing against the rules, please post it in the General Discussion Forums so that the developers can see it.

With that said, go in a group against the multiboxer, take out some of his characters, and he'll pretty much be defenseless.
100 Night Elf Druid
Botting - You open WoW, you open the program, you walk away.

Multi-boxing - You have multiple clients open, you run a program to send 1 key press to multiple windows. One keypress = one action.

See the difference now?

Also, please stop abusing the Forsaken's mounts. They really get perturbed when their mounts are abused.
100 Blood Elf Warlock
/sigh

This horse really needs to die... There is already a thread about this from earlier today on this page. Multi boxing is not against the rules, and it never has been. It has been a valid play style since long before WoW was even an idea. It is NOT botting, the rule is ONE key press per action, which is EXACTLY what is happening, just because that one keypress is sent to multiple instances of the client does not make it botting, it is still one keypress doing one action per character.
Support Forum Agent
What each class is that is used when someone multi-boxes is entirely irrelevant. Regardless if you have 5 characters that are controlled by 5 individuals or 5 characters controlled by 1, if they are working together, they will often beat the ill prepared and those who number less than themselves.

Though, keep in mind that while a multi-boxer may be able to cast 5 spells at the same time, they also can be disrupted fairly easy.

But like others have said, they make a computer program to help boxing, that in fact is a breach of blizzard rules. They say no external programme.

Thanks, but we are very much aware of our policies and how these programs work, more so than most. As long as the actions taken are not otherwise automated (i.e. the registered user of the account must be in direct control of each action the characters take), they are not currently considered against our policies.

01/15/2012 08:55 PMPosted by Nosegoblin
Wow kinda sounds like boxing.

No, it doesn't.

Same way as if i was to log into wow, i can tell the programme to "automatically" fill in my information and I click ok and enter. Am i really automated it. The answer is yes.

No, I'm afraid you appear to be misunderstanding what automation actually entails.

Multi-boxing has been covered endlessly. Some will agree with our policies, some may come to understand them and others will never do so. While your opinion is appreciated, this subject is not in need of further discussion.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]