Auction house... Empty?

55 Worgen Warrior
Two questions from a new player, here.

1) No matter what I search up on the auction house, I get either no results, or 1-2 results. I searched for one handed maces, two handed maces, swords, axes, armors, etc and only got a few results. Is there really absolutely nothing on the auction house, or am I missing something? I figured the auction house would be LOADED with items from players trying to sell stuff, but from what I can see, it's completely bare. Also, I checked all my filter settings, and none of them are active.

2) For the neutral auction house in Booty Bay, and other neutral auction houses... Are they filled with both of the faction's goods? For example, could I buy some wool from a Horde character via the "neutral" auction house? Or is that just an auction house both factions can use?

Thanks in advance. I asked this on Yahoo answers but the only responses were along the lines of "nobody plays that archaic game anymore is why". So I figured here might be a better bet.

Edit: I just checked the auction house again and I'm getting a fluctuation of 5-6 items per listing now... This is getting pretty confusing.
Edited by Thewhibble on 1/15/2012 9:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
That's very odd. Usally the auction house is filled with iteams. Are you looking at a nutral auction house or an allience one? I wouldn't be surprised if the neutral one is empty, hardly anyone puts something up on there. And yes, neutral does have auctions from both horde and allience.
Reply Quote
55 Worgen Warrior
I looked at both. The neutral had absolutely nothing, and the Alliance had between 0, 3-4, and 6-8 items on certain selections. Maces had quite a few, but there were no wands or daggers, and there was like 2 bows, and like 3 swords that I saw. Am I doing something wrong here?
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
you're illidan-alliance...your realm is 99.5% horde.

that's why...

population: 33,311 (1 / 0.01) H/A.
Edited by Robokapp on 1/15/2012 10:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
55 Worgen Warrior
Oh god lol. Why is there so much Horde on my server?
Reply Quote
Because players just tend to migrate to different ones, I suppose, and then when they here there are more of one faction, they might make that faction, or the opposite, depending on their preference.

At your level though, I wouldn't suggest trying to get your weapons off of the Auction House. You'll get far better quality soulbound blues from dungeons your level.
Reply Quote
55 Worgen Warrior
Oh yes, that's what I do anyway. I just like to keep an eye out for future levels, and get a general price of things.

Alright, thanks for all the help, guys.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
01/15/2012 10:56 PMPosted by Thewhibble
Oh god lol. Why is there so much Horde on my server?

Illidan simply is the unofficial 'horde realm'. I cant tell you why, it predates me but yeah. its a realm much larger than any other realm and much more horde-heavy than any other realm.

here's a list of realms: http://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/us

under "population" the first number is playerbase observed by wowprogress (o with at least one pve kill), the second number is horde %, the third number is alliance %.

the number that is 1 is the dominant faction and the other number, the decimal is the % of ominant faction that the ... dominated faction occupies. Illidan is 1/0.01 so there's 100 times more horde than alliance.

anything where the small number is bigger than a 0.9 is a very balanced realm. anything where its below 0.5 its an unbalanced realm. Illian is the ...worst-unbalanced realm because its unofficially "THE horde realm" as I said.
Reply Quote
55 Worgen Warrior
So I pretty much picked the worst realm possible to create my first long term Alliance character lol
Reply Quote
84 Orc Shaman
01/15/2012 11:36 PMPosted by Thewhibble
So I pretty much picked the worst realm possible to create my first long term Alliance character lol

That pretty much covers Illidan, but dont forget Malganis, and Chogall for horde heavy PvP realms.
Reply Quote
01/15/2012 09:14 PMPosted by Thewhibble
2) For the neutral auction house in Booty Bay, and other neutral auction houses... Are they filled with both of the faction's goods? For example, could I buy some wool from a Horde character via the "neutral" auction house? Or is that just an auction house both factions can use?

It's mainly used now for making faction-specific items available to the other side. Considering how little Alliance is there, you might make some good money selling pets and other items that Horde can't get themselves (depending on how many players there are newer and don't have those things yet).

However, the caveat to the neutral AH is that the goblins charge a higher deposit, so it can be more expensive to post items. Their locations aren't centralized either like the faction houses, making them less convenient to use for general trading.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Well, at least you found out before level 85.

I'd suggest starting over with a new character on a different server. Level 39 is painful, but it's not all that bad to redo. You'll want more population - mainly for guild options.
Reply Quote
40 Night Elf Druid
01/15/2012 09:14 PMPosted by Thewhibble

It's a separate convention. If you list an item on an ally AH, all ally can view it from any ally AH. Anybody can list on a NAH and it will be viewable to all from any NAH. They do not overlap. Keep in mind that NAH have substantially larger fees. It's best not to use them unless you're selling something faction specific that will get more money being sold to the other faction. Pets are a good example of this.

Good luck finding a server to play on. I usually use warcraftrealms stats page. I usually go for a server in my time zone just for convenience's sake with the ingame clock.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
I am on a low pop server and my auction house is completely empty of gathering supplies sometimes. Leather in particular. there is never any leather on the AH. herbs there are some but it depends on the day and time. twilight jasmine goes for about 200 a stack and there are never any fish on the AH.

We used to have bots that kept our AH prices fairly low. 150ish for twilight and so on. I am not sure what happened to all the bots personally they were the only thing from keeping my servers auction house empty.
Reply Quote
87 Worgen Death Knight
I tried to access the auction house on Booty bay and also got 0 results, tried with all my horde toons, is there a reason? or a bug? or is it really empty?
Tired for many days, even after the reset/updates and all
Reply Quote
11 Goblin Shaman
I tried to access the auction house on Booty bay and also got 0 results, tried with all my horde toons, is there a reason? or a bug? or is it really empty?
Tired for many days, even after the reset/updates and all

The auction house in Booty Bay is a neutral AH, meaning it can be used by both horde and alliance. Since it can be used to move gold cross-faction it has a significantly higher "tax" on anything that is sold than the regular AH, I believe it is 15%.

It is really not used for all that much, mainly moving gold cross-faction and selling/buying items are easier to get for one faction.

If you are looking to buy/sell items, you should go to one of the regular auction houses in any of your faction's capital cities.

In the future, please make your own thread rather than post in one that is over 18 months old as the information in it may no longer be correct.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]