Community-Involved Let's Play?

13 Gnome Mage
So, some of you probably saw my topic a week ago: "Let's Play Race" where I asked what race to use for a Let's Play. Gnome won by a landslide, as you can see. For those of you who didn't catch it, though, let me copy-paste something from the old thread.

"Sup, WrA?

Anyway. My New Year's resolution was to do something fairly unique and follow through on it. I recently got a Razer Onza (Xbox controller) with some Christmas cash. I was bummed that it was corded, but then realized I could use it to play WoW. I have a pretty efficient keybind setup, with up to 40 spells easily bound.

After realizing this, I decided that doing a Let's Play from 1-85, on an Xbox controller, is pretty unique! Atleast, I haven't found another. I can capture in great quality and can provide hopefully entertaining commentary. I am also planning on trying to get the WrA community involved, to some extent, while I level. Which leads to my next point..."

And here we are.

Now, I have about 2 hours recorded and uploaded to my Youtube, but unfortunately, the only people I had readily available to help me with commentary was my IRL friend who no longer plays WoW. Not only did this keep the commentary non-WoW-related, it basically became a casual chat between us as I play. Which means it got vulgar.

But then I got to thinking, what if I invited some other WRA members to a Skype call? What if I had other people from this awesome realm talk with me about WRA, leveling with a controller, and WoW in general? I figure it could lead to some entertaining conversations that are more fruitful than me and my friend bull!@#$ting for 2 hours.

On top of this, I thought: "What if they have a toon near my level? There's no harm in letting someone level with me for a little while we chat!" So, yeah. I figure, if you have a toon that's level, I dunno, 30, and I'm also level 30, you could probably run a couple dungeons with me and just shoot the %^-* in Skype.

This is a very casual thing. I'm not a Youtube partner, and I don't expect this to go anywhere, but it might be a fun thing for not just me, but everyone involved. If you'd like to chat in a Skype call while I record, or level with me sometime, send me a message either on this toon, or to my email, SnowstormPony@gmail.com

I know how much WRA likes to get involved in things. Please don't see this as a ploy to get views, I really want to get some more people involved! If you'd like to see the parts already uploaded, feel free to visit. But be warned! it gets... a tad offensive in certain spots. Don't take it to heart. We're just immature !@#$%^-s who will laugh about almost anything. ^^

http://www.youtube.com/user/SnowstormPony

tl;dr: Read it.
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Death Knight
Plaguewalker approves of this thread, and offers his sexy voice to the Gnome-gods.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
I approve and offer my services for commentary. I've done voices for podcasts and LP's before, so I have a little bit of experience if need be.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
My vote:

Valliac the Sexy-Voice-Man.
Reply Quote
I'd help you but you're a brony.

I'd happily ridicule you for hours over it however.
Reply Quote
13 Gnome Mage
I'd help you but you're a brony.

I'd happily ridicule you for hours over it however.

Oh, yeah, I'm a Brony. But I'm smart enough to know that most of us are just a bunch of weirdos and I enjoy that. Besides, what fun is there in being weird if you can't make fun of yourself? I'd love to talk to you. ^^
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I shall contribute witty banter and I promise to keep the vulgarity trend you currently have! And if you wish to clean up the language, you must censor me!

Small voice, many bleeps.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
01/16/2012 08:51 PMPosted by Vithae
I shall contribute witty banter and I promise to keep the vulgarity trend you currently have! And if you wish to clean up the language, you must censor me

When I first heard that she swears like a sailor, I laughed. How could someone so kind and motherly swear that much?
AND THEN WE RAN ICC BACK IN 3.3.

*wide-eyed, mouth agape, listening to very tiny angry blood elf rage harder than an Orc warrior*
Reply Quote
13 Gnome Mage
01/17/2012 04:04 AMPosted by Thokk
I shall contribute witty banter and I promise to keep the vulgarity trend you currently have! And if you wish to clean up the language, you must censor me

When I first heard that she swears like a sailor, I laughed. How could someone so kind and motherly swear that much?
AND THEN WE RAN ICC BACK IN 3.3.

*wide-eyed, mouth agape, listening to very tiny angry blood elf rage harder than an Orc warrior*

I'm glad I haven't heard her rage before, then. Must be frightening if it shocked Thokk.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Monk
Are we hosting the necromancer con this week? I must not have gotten the memo.
Reply Quote
13 Gnome Mage
I abandoned this project a long time ago. I was really shocked to see this on the front page.

Anyway... @Sherro, you need to use a program like Xpadder to map your controller to specific keyboard buttons.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]