Free Server Xfers Emptied My Server! HELP!

85 Worgen Warlock
Hello, I am here to file an official complaint about my server "Gurubashi". This server was opened for free transfers to the New Brazilian servers and within a matter of weeks I log on only to find the Auction House practically empty and no people around Stormwind. My server USED to be a High population server but now it is "Low" or basically Empty! Maybe there haven't been any complaints about it yet but maybe that is because there is NOBODY left on my server to do any complaining!

I don't think that it is fair to the players to be punished just because the Free Transfers weren't being watched carefully. I don't think it is far to pay a monthly fee to be on a Dead server that was caused by neglect. Seems like whoever was in charge of moderating server populations is on vacation.

Oh, and I also had a chat with a GM and he said that he was unable to help me... He said that it was up to ME to fix this problem...That he has nothing to do with the development department and that I was the one who had to take matters into my own hands...by posting on a forum.

Sooo now what? I have typed out my concerns so they may be taken into consideration by some person... Just to now wait around for several more months for nothing to happen. Nothing will be fixed but at least I said something...I might not even be posting in the right forum... Oh well, not like it truly matters anyways.

Please Help!
Edited by Phantasos on 1/7/2012 7:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
You basically have two options. Pay for a server transfer or reroll, if you're not happy with your current server.

Glad I could help.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
IIRC, Gurubashi was the unofficial Brazilian realm before official Brazilian realms went live. Meaning, lots of Portuguese players had congregated there. When official realms opened up and free transfers were offered, it makes sense that many of those players left for where they would be officially supported.

I'm sorry there's not much left for you there, but Karmaze is right about your options if you wish to continue playing but not on your current server.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warlock
Ok so let me get this straight....I am supposed to transfer all Five of my characters PLUS two of my girlfriends characters all at $25 a Pop. Just to transfer off of a server that is empty because of absolutely NOTHING to do with any of my own actions. All just because someone isn't paying attention to its customers....I am supposed to pay them $175 because of their carelessness. I have already paid for 3 character transfers TO Gurubashi in the past. Also by xfering I would contradict this whole post.

All I seek is customer service.

Respectfully
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
01/07/2012 09:31 PMPosted by Normie
Why were you on a Brazilian server

Gurubashi was never a Brazilian realm. It attracted a lot of Portuguese-speaking players, as it was a kind of "unofficial" Brazilian realm. I believe Warsong was another with a very large Brazilian population.

He may have been there before it attracted a multitude of Brazilian players, or he may have just started the game, and didn't know when he selected the realm.

Quite frankly, why he was there, and his reasons for staying aren't the issue.

01/07/2012 09:27 PMPosted by Phantasos
All just because someone isn't paying attention to its customers...

Whoa, slow down there, cowboy!

Blizzard IS paying attention to its customers, and that's why the free transfers were opened. Now, once that process is complete, they will turn their attention back to your realm. You just need to be patient.

I know it sucks, but this was always going to be the result of the Brazilian realms, and the free transfers. They are not going to forget about you. :)
Edited by Madisón on 1/7/2012 9:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
01/07/2012 09:27 PMPosted by Phantasos
Ok so let me get this straight....I am supposed to transfer all Five of my characters PLUS two of my girlfriends characters all at $25 a Pop.

Or reroll, yes.
Reply Quote
1 Human Rogue
You could just take the free transfers yourself, if they're still available. If not then you should have done when they were available. You've been playing on a brazilian dominated server for a while so transferring to a Brazillian server wouldn't exactly be new to you.

By the way complaining that this is blizzards fault shows exactly how selfish you are. You chose to play on that server, regardless of whether or not you knew which type of demographic played there was, it was still your decision. Blizzard offering free transfers to those players had nothing to do with you, you just happened to be hit by pure bad luck that the majority of your population decided to jump ship. Blizzard doesn't owe you anything. They weren't actively seeking to destroy your game experience, they were trying to cater to their South American subscribers. Seriously the fact that you actually think it's their fault is a prime example of the self-entitlement attitude that's ruining this game.
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Priest
Please don't open up Asian servers!
That would empty out the last dregs of PvE skill my server has! D:
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warlock
01/07/2012 09:56 PMPosted by Haiithere
By the way complaining that this is blizzards fault shows exactly how selfish you are. You chose to play on that server, regardless of whether or not you knew which type of demographic played there was, it was still your decision. Blizzard offering free transfers to those players had nothing to do with you, you just happened to be hit by pure bad luck that the majority of your population decided to jump ship. Blizzard doesn't owe you anything. They weren't actively seeking to destroy your game experience, they were trying to cater to their South American subscribers. Seriously the fact that you actually think it's their fault is a prime example of the self-entitlement attitude that's ruining this game.

LOL I am a customer right? I have rights to complain just like you. This realm STARTED as an ENGLISH realm then by some nature turned into a predominately unofficially Portuguese realm. How was I to know that the server would be later emptied out?

I started playing this server around Wrath of the Lich King the amount of Portuguese people playing was not anywhere near what it became. Besides I transferred because my girlfriend was there and she's been there since Vanilla WOW wayyy before there were any sizeable amount of Portuguese players. Oh so now it is her fault as well?

Obviously I did not accept the free transfer off gurubashi since I don't speak Portuguese. I am just asking for blizz to open up free xfers off full servers to maybe help out the Gurubashi low server population problem. I understand Blizz wants happy customers. They helped the Brazilians, now help the people who are left behind! I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
01/07/2012 09:31 PMPosted by Normie
Why were you on a Brazilian server, and why didn't you transfer with everyone else?

All of the servers are based in the US of A. They are not Brazilian servers in the slightest.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warlock
BTW I am not trying to start any fights with anyone. I just want to enjoy my game, the same game I've been playing continually since Vanilla WoW came out...hrmm how many years is that? I lost track.

Also note...This is my 1st official complaint since I started playing. I just want a little help from Blizz is all
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
I totally agree with Phantasos.

I am currently playing more on my priest because Gurubashi is so empty. Go ahead...make a lvl 1 toon and walk to SW. You will see how vacant it is.

I was thinking of making a post similar to this. Now I see someone already did. Good! It sucks for us who have been on this server since Vanilla WoW. Now it's our job to pay blizz more $$ ? I'd hope not. Sooooo many Gurubashi players complained about the Portuguese speaking population taking over. Not that there is anything wrong with speaking another language. It just makes things more difficult being that it's a U.S server. Thankfully most are gone off to the new realms.

I'd hope they can help bring more english speaking players back in. Is it really that selfish to ask? I really don't think so.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
BTW I am not trying to start any fights with anyone. I just want to enjoy my game, the same game I've been playing continually since Vanilla WoW came out...hrmm how many years is that? I lost track.

Also note...This is my 1st official complaint since I started playing. I just want a little help from Blizz is all

your best bet is probably calling billing, but tbh they're really unlikely to do anything, sorry. blizzard doesn't see any problems with low pop realms and leaves it to you to pay to leave. you probably have more traction than most because a major change just happened to your server and it was caused by them, but even so i doubt they'd do anything. From their eyes if a server is low pop they don't want it to get even lower pop. without making money off it, that is.

Also, don't get too worked up over haiithere's post, it is seriously the worst post i've ever read on these forums. I tried to write up an explanation but got too worked up so am leaving it at this.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warlock
just did a /who Stormwind 1-85

12 people.....

BTW I think I will try and give them a call. Good idea!

I will most likely only get Voicemail.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
if your population is way abnormally low they might act, but they've never merged servers before and i think the success of offering free transfers to a server isn't that great. if you just went from high pop to low pop but that low is in line with the other dead servers they're not going to do anything.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
just did a /who Stormwind 1-85

12 people.....

BTW I think I will try and give them a call. Good idea!

I will most likely only get Voicemail.

yea they're closed now. they're open 7am-8pm pacific time.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warlock
Not getting worked up about a lame post. More concerned about my empty server. Maybe on Monday when Blizz comes back to work they will read this post....Possibly...Maybe....Maybe Not.

My Voicemail to them is in the process of deletion right now...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]