Moving Heirlooms Across Realms

25 Night Elf Mage
I understand you can't mail heirlooms to a character on another server, that isn't what this is about.

I have two WoW accounts on my b.net account. Earlier, I logged onto each, one character on one realm with some BOAs and the other on a different one, then had a realID friend invite my characters to a group. I proceeded to enter the same dungeon on them. They were both in perfectly fine.

Now normally when I try to trade something to someone in a dungeon finder group it gives me the "You may only trade conjured items." error but it leaves the trade window open. So since this isn't a dungeon finder group and I've got my characters in here, I figure I can hand off the heirlooms. But I can't. I don't get the normal error, it just cancels the trade whenever I put the heirloom in the window.

Is this a bug or just not allowed? And if the latter, does that mean you're left with no choice but to pay for a character transfer to move heirlooms?
Edited by Sakurayu on 1/8/2012 3:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
You can't move heirlooms in that manner. The only way you can even trade items in a dungeon cross realm is if they are conjured as you mentioned or if they are still having the 2 hour windw and both people were in on the kill that the item was generated.

The only way to move any other item, including heirlooms, across realms is to make a character transfer. Eventually they will have the infrastructure to move herilooms without a character transfer, but not yet.

Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warlock
The only way to move BoAs across servers (for now) is to use the paid character transfer (or free transfer when it is available). There is no way to trade anything in any group except conjured items, be it a LFR group, random group, or pre-made group.
Reply Quote
25 Night Elf Mage
That's what I figured, but didn't think it would hurt to ask. Thanks.
Reply Quote
I understand you can't mail heirlooms to a character on another server, that isn't what this is about.

I have two WoW accounts on my b.net account. Earlier, I logged onto each, one character on one realm with some BOAs and the other on a different one, then had a realID friend invite my characters to a group. I proceeded to enter the same dungeon on them. They were both in perfectly fine.

Now normally when I try to trade something to someone in a dungeon finder group it gives me the "You may only trade conjured items." error but it leaves the trade window open. So since this isn't a dungeon finder group and I've got my characters in here, I figure I can hand off the heirlooms. But I can't. I don't get the normal error, it just cancels the trade whenever I put the heirloom in the window.

Is this a bug or just not allowed? And if the latter, does that mean you're left with no choice but to pay for a character transfer to move heirlooms?

The only thing you can trade across a real id group (multiple realms) is loot that drops while both are on the aggro table, and conjured items, like mage food. You cannot pass BoAs to another character that way.
Reply Quote
1 Troll Priest
01/08/2012 04:19 PMPosted by Ainsley
The only thing you can trade across a real id group (multiple realms) is loot that drops while both are on the aggro table, and conjured items, like mage food. You cannot pass BoAs to another character that way.

Thanks, Ainsley, for re-answering the question.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
That is actually a pretty clever idea. I'm curious why they would not allow it, or if it is just something that hasn't been considered yet.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]