4.3.2, Judgment Generating Holy Power for PvP

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Blizzard, would you please find it in your heart to change the Scaled 4 Piece bonus to "Judgment now generates 1 Holy Power?"

This season has been out for a month now, and I've done my fair share of games, and I have to say this effect is to good to not give to PvP paladins. And although it's very easy to get raid finder gear, in my opinion, it's not right to ask Ret paladins to give up so much resilience (or to raid) to have your spec function like it should baseline in a PvP environment.

If it was purely for damage, I could see keeping it off the pvp set, but in actual play, it's not. Having judgment generate holy power in pvp can completely change how paladins react to certain situations, and in my experience, has just been a huge improvement on the amount of fun I'm having. :)

Being able to generate Holy Power while being kited or while kiting someone is great, it adds a lot to our survivibilty and makes being kited a lot less painful. Also, the bonus makes it possible to generate holy power on the classes with high avoidance, like rogues and druids, removing that 100% useless feeling. (Crusader Strike's cooldown not resetting on a dodge is still a hard mechanic to stomach.) And obviously, not to exclude it out, it's a great bonus in damage I feel paladins needed. When ever I end a game, I always have compareable damage to the opposing team, I've never felt like this grossly overpowers my damage.

But through all the great things wearing 2 piece brings, it still feel like a burden to me and to my team. I'm giving up so much resilience just to function. And since I don't PvE at all, I won't get the higher item level pieces, which makes me feel forced to raid. I don't want to raid to feel like I'm not burdening my team and I don't want to raid to be able to function like I should baseline.

Going back to that Q&A, I understand this can't go baseline just yet, but the response was really insensitive to PvPers, it felt like you didn't even think we existed, so could you please just throw us a bone and acknowledge that we exist?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Actually I dont think this would be OP in PVP, but it may be imbalanced in PVE for RET and ret only.

I like the idea of the PVP set bonus tho.. Nice idea.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Currently, Judgement will be providing Holy Power once Mists of Pandaeria rolls around. I wouldn't expect any major changes to Paladin specs and sets until 5.0 hits.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/08/2012 08:52 PMPosted by Cbredbeard
Currently, Judgement will be providing Holy Power once Mists of Pandaeria rolls around. I wouldn't expect any major changes to Paladin specs and sets until 5.0 hits.

I know it will be like this in MoP, that's why I wish it would be changed now, while we have this chance. Although MoP will be completely different then what Cata is now, it still somewhat shows that Blizzard realizes the class needs more ways to generate holy power in every aspect of the game, I would just like to either know why PvP was left out in 4.3 or if it could be changed in this up coming 4.3.2 patch.

I have 2 piece PvE on both my paladins, it was easy to get in LFR -- like the Q&A stated, I won't try to deny that, but that doesn't change the fact that I will always feel like I'm at a disadvantage because I will be both minus 686 resilience (helm and pants) and I will never have the itemlevel gear equivalent to the PvP gear because I do not raid.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Actually I dont think this would be OP in PVP, but it may be imbalanced in PVE for RET and ret only.

I like the idea of the PVP set bonus tho.. Nice idea.

We already have the bonus for pve...
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
I will vote for rets getting HP on judgement for pvp sets they deserve it. Also, hunter t13 2 piece as our pvp set bonus NOW please. =) Hopefully these things become baseline in MoP.
Reply Quote
4 Gnome Rogue
The real question is why as a hunter, or even paladin, am I literally forced to do stupid raid finder missions week after week?
QQ
Reply Quote
22 Night Elf Priest
Resilience isn't all that great above 4300 due to diminishing returns; just wear PvE Helm and Pants. Problem solved.

Even with the 384 Raid Finder 2pc PvE, the bonus outweighs the extra stats from the higher ilvl PvP pieces. It's almost a guaranteed TV every time you reach your target.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Nice to see some PvP changes coming in 4.3.2.

Hopefully this Paladin PvP change can make it into the notes soon. :)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
Resilience isn't all that great above 4300 due to diminishing returns; just wear PvE Helm and Pants. Problem solved.

Even with the 384 Raid Finder 2pc PvE, the bonus outweighs the extra stats from the higher ilvl PvP pieces. It's almost a guaranteed TV every time you reach your target.

Resilience doesn't have diminishing returns.

Obviously we're all aware of the fact that 2pce raid finder is superior to the pvp items - we're asking for the bonus to be applied to the pvp items because ret is also on the squishier side of things, and dropping 500 resilience doesn't help that any. It also just feels ridiculous that such a key pvp utility is something we have to do pve for.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
01/08/2012 11:34 PMPosted by Carmy
We already have the bonus for pve...

i for one don't enjoy sacrificing over 700 resil for quality of life that should have been baseline to begin with.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
Do the same with hunters please.

PvE 2 piece: steady/cobra generate DOUBLE focus.

PvP 4 piece: 5% focus Regen.

Lol?

Do the same with lock 2 piece and make doomguard a shorter cd and longer duration. It wouldn't break pvp.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock

Resilience doesn't have diminishing returns.

Obviously we're all aware of the fact that 2pce raid finder is superior to the pvp items - we're asking for the bonus to be applied to the pvp items because ret is also on the squishier side of things, and dropping 500 resilience doesn't help that any. It also just feels ridiculous that such a key pvp utility is something we have to do pve for.

Ummm they made resilience have diminishing returns as of like the first or second patch of cata.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Ret 4pc should have been changed to something else back when they revamped a bunch of other ones. -1 sec to judge cd has been pretty underwhelming for this entire expansion.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
They need to do this with hunters as well.

Just make their 2 piece PvE sets increase the damage of judgment by 20% and the damage of steady cobra by something similar.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Just make their 2 piece PvE sets increase the damage of judgment by 20% and the damage of steady cobra by something similar.

??

I'm not asking for them to remove the 2 piece bonus on the PvE gear, I'm just askiing for them to put the very same bonus on the PvP 4 piece. There would be no way to double stack these bonuses, so that shouldn't be any concern.

These set bonuses were put in the game for Ret (and hunters) to improve the functionally of the class, although I don't know much about hunters, I can say for Ret it adds a smoother rotation, more depth to the spec, a way to generate holy power on high avoidance targets, and in my opinion, gives us damage comparable to that of other classes. Again, never have I come out of an Arena doing double or triple my opponents damage because of this two piece.

Its something that needs to be baseline and hopefully will come MoP, but until then, only PvEers really get to have this solid feeling spec without any "penalties", if you would let me call it that.

If it was just a mistaken oversight, that's fine, 4.3.2 would be a great time to fix it or at the very least consider it a possible change. There's been a few changes to better PvP, that's awesome, hopefully this one will make it in for Ret. (and hunters)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Hunters are pretty good in PvP when they get their 2 piece. Not the best class but certainly viable in a few comps.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
They need to do this with hunters as well.

WTH man? they turned of SoT's chance to proc Gurth and now you want to really crap on paladins? ouch!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm sorry you are not allowed to have fun.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]