I can't get a flight master's license??

(Locked)

90 Blood Elf Hunter
I'm level 60. It says in my spell book that the flight master's license is available to to train. I have already purchased Expert Riding. I go to Maztha in Orgrimmer to learn Flight Master's License and there is no option to train for it. Yes, I have checked my filter and 'Availiable' is checked. I have been trying to figure this out for a week now. :/ I opened a ticked but it says wait time is over 11 hours so if someone could help me in the meantime, that would be great. :)
I notice you're level 60. Have you purchased the wrath of the lich king expansion pack and the catacslysm expansion pack? Only after you are fully upgraded with all the expansion packs does the Flight Master Licesnse become available.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I only have Cataclysm. Not Wrath too. That must be why. Thank you.
01/09/2012 07:51 AMPosted by Kahlana

You can not have cataclysm without having wrath. The fact that it says cataclysm when you log in is because we all use the same client. It's what you've purchased on your account page on battle net that determines what access you have.

Starter = free 1-20
Battlechest (WoW and Buring Crusade) = $20 1-70
Wrath of the Lich King (~68-80) = $30
Cataclysm (80-85) = $30

I'm willing to bet if you haven't purchased any expansions you're still on the Battlechest level of account.
You should still be able to fly in Outland, which is where you would be questing anyway. The fligtht master license doesn't really become critical until level 80.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Oh, I see. Lol. Well I will just need to get upgraded then. :) Thank you.
20 Draenei Paladin
I've read on wowhead that if you have Wrath, you can trial Cata and during that time get your license and have it after your trial expires. I have not tried this myself.
01/09/2012 01:15 PMPosted by Bubbelle
I've read on wowhead that if you have Wrath, you can trial Cata and during that time get your license and have it after your trial expires. I have not tried this myself.

Yup, that works too, I did it shortly after Cata came out and was pleasantly surprised to see I could still fly around Azeroth when the trial ended.
62 Undead Hunter
that sucks i hate it i dont have either can i still get it?:/
90 Troll Priest
01/20/2012 03:46 PMPosted by Zaandoor
<code/>that sucks i hate it i dont have either can i still get it?:/

Did you read what the above posters said? You need cataclysm in order to buy the license.

86 Blood Elf Death Knight
01/09/2012 07:55 AMPosted by Bavra

You can not have cataclysm without having wrath. The fact that it says cataclysm when you log in is because we all use the same client. It's what you've purchased on your account page on battle net that determines what access you have.

Starter = free 1-20
Battlechest (WoW and Buring Crusade) = $20 1-70
Wrath of the Lich King (~68-80) = $30
Cataclysm (80-85) = $30

I'm willing to bet if you haven't purchased any expansions you're still on the Battlechest level of account.
You should still be able to fly in Outland, which is where you would be questing anyway. The fligtht master license doesn't really become critical until level 80.

I actually thought the price had come down some, but that may have only been a special.
60 Troll Hunter
01/20/2012 06:01 PMPosted by Trilha
I actually thought the price had come down some, but that may have only been a special.

\well there was a holiday special for like 5 bucks and 10 bucks usually rolls around on black friday. However you get BC for free now and you get wrath for only 30 bucks which is 10 dollars cheaper than it was :D
62 Night Elf Hunter
Looks i'm never gonna fly
90 Night Elf Rogue
01/24/2012 01:31 PMPosted by Valdasar
Looks i'm never gonna fly

HUH? did you even READ the thread? In order to fly in the 1-60 areas you need WotLK AND Cataclysm, THEN you can buy the flight master's license to fly there. Until then, you CAN fly in Outlands, and if you get WotLK and buy "cold weather flying" then you'll be able to fly in Northrend as well.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]