Looking for a new Guild...

90 Blood Elf Priest
My current guild is not raiding as much as i want to, preventing me from getting better experience and gear for my character. I was wondering if there are any successful raiding guilds that is willing to take me in? <br/><br/>My current item level is 375 soon to be higher when i get my back piece at the valor vendor. <br/><br/>I am trying to do some FL raids as well as DS. i finished the LFR DS (but who hasnt?) and ICC. <br/>If you want to look at my profile please do so, but my gear is so low from the lack of guild activity and horrible luck. <br/><br/>Im really hoping for a laid back guild but is serious about raiding. Preferring a guild with 18+ year olds so i can relate to them and not talk about cartoon network on the chat. <br/><br/>Hope to hear from ya'll soon. :D<br/><br/>Hyn
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I dont know why it posted like that.... but i'll repost it for an easier read.

My current guild is not raiding as much as i want to, preventing me from getting better experience and gear for my character. I I was wondering if there are any successful raiding guilds that is willing to take me in?

My Current item level is 375, soon to be higher when i get my back piece at the valor vendor.

I am trying to do some FL raids as well as DS. These are my main priority. but of course, I am always welcome to do other raids for experience. I finished the LFR DS (but who hasnt?) And ICC.

If you want to look at my profile, please feel free to do so, but my gear is low from the lack of my guilds activity and horrible luck.

I am really hoping to be in a fun, friendly guild who isnt strict but still organized in the raids. Also im preferring a guild with 18+ year olds that are on it so i can relate to my guild members and not talk about insipid subjects like how awesome pikachu is (although... he's pretty awesome).

Hope to hear from ya'll soon! :D

Hyn

Also, you may e-mail me or reply here.

Woobinchang@yahoo.com
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Hello! As a fellow shadow priest I just wanted to take the time to help you out a bit. I noticed a couple things that you should fix if you want to find a somewhat competent raiding guild.

First and foremost, enchant your gear and get a belt buckle. This includes getting your professions up to where you can get your Lightweave Embroidery and the +40 int to your rings. Also you should start working on your Therazane rep to get the shoulder enchant.

Secondly, you're way over hit cap. You only need 17%. Your just wasting stats you could have elsewhere.

Thirdly (and this sort of goes with your hit cap), your reforging seems sporadic. REMEMBER: You get hit as well as mana regen from spirit, so don't reforge spirit to hit. Just keep the spirit! Haste is your best stat, so reforge into that as much as you can. If you're having trouble doing all the math that goes with correctly reforging your gear, I know a good addon for you. ReforgeLite. Comes with presets for all the classes, with all the correct stat weights already in there. And it'll reforge all your gear with the click of one button! Wooo!

Fourth, don't use the int/hit gems but rather the int/spirit gems.

And last, your talents are almost perfect, except for one little thing. Take the two points out of Improved Psychic Scream and go 3/3 on Mental Agility and use the last point wherever.

And this doesn't really matter, but you have the Psychic Horror Glyph which is useless if you don't have the spell.

You will look a lot more pleasing to any recruiting guild if you do these steps. And best of all, you don't even need a guild to do these things. As a player with a lot of experience recruiting, let me share a secret. While gear and experience is important while looking at players, seeing that they enchant, reforge, and gem correctly is what recruiters are mostly going to look at.

And if you have any other questions, don't be afraid to send me a whisper!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
That is some very good advice. Gloo is right on all counts about recruiters and what we look for. Also, as Gloo is the best geared and most progressed shadow priest on the server, I'm sure the class-specific advice is solid as well.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Wow! Thank you SOOO much for taking your time to look at my profile and critiquing on the things that i need improving! I understand about the hit/spirit problem... I'm actually re-reforging them to that.

when you wrote this i was still playing ( i play till 5/6 am) and my hit stat should look alot better. still alittle over but i heard that, it was ok to do that.

And yeah. i just switch from pvp to pve spriest, so my glyphs are all wonky.

im actually working on my enchanting... take FOREVER!!!! And money... i had 8k gold... all gone... Sad panda.

And my motivation on tailoring was to get the flying carpet... now i have more motivation to be like you gloo. :D

Gonna try my hardest to do everything right. :D

Thanks again!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Oh I'm soooo glad you didn't get mad. People tend to get mad when I do stuff like that. And as enchants go, just hit me up. I've got plenty of mats and no one to give them to! ;)
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
I'm still MAD at you gloo!!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
LOLOLOL MY SHOULDERS
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Really?!? Oh wow! thanks so much!

No im not mad at all... ive been trying to get to where you are by studying every source of spriest sites there are. but no one really told me what i should be doing and what im doing wrong.

I really want to be really good. im often disappointed at my dps when i look at my recount... im usually the last one or the second to the last and they are usually 100k above me...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]