for what it's worth, my thoughts on tank nerf

edit i ment to post with this char http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/sargeras/Ackillies/advanced

since vanella i played a hunter (which u can find here, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/sargeras/Shrecker/advanced ). pretty much just me and a couple buddies together doin bgs and arenas never to any real success but nither did i care. it was fun. but by the end of the lich king expansion i was so sick of constantly being facepalmed on my hunter by rogues, warriors, shadow priests, all kinds of pallies, locks and druids i benched him when cata came out in favor of my dk. why? because hunters were never in all the time i played him one of the top classes for pvp (with the exception of half a season during burning crusade where we were almost instantly nerfed. and not to help the problem there was a bow that was bugged and doing too much damage at the same time)and with deadzone not being corrected for cata i chose a different class.

i read up on abilities and went on a gut feeling in that blood dks were going to be good in bgs which is 90% of the wow i play. i also had a hunch that dks would have more than one pvp viable spec. seems not so anymore.
so what bothers me is that this is by far the stupidist reason for a nerf i have ever heard in all of my 6 1/2 years of playing wow. because blood dks are too hard kill and they do too much damage in battle grounds. BATTLE GROUNDS. which have virtually no effect on arenas or raiding. and there is no advantage to either team in the battle ground because both hord and alliance have deathknights. its not like one team has them and the other dosnt. and to those who say "oh bloody murder train roll to 2200" i say bull !@#$. there are characters in every class above 2000-2200 rating. and all equally or more represented in this bracket than blood dks. you cant say nerf a class because someone is playing it well. me and my priest partner in 2v2s have never lost a single match to a blood dk and i don't do 2s as blood spec.

I hate reading peoples posts saying prot specs have no place in pvp. that is a load of crap. if i want to play a prot spec or any other tank that is their choise and in the case of arenas the choise of the team if they want to bring a tank into the arena. how about i say you are not allowed to have a healing/dps spec in pvp. its so dumb

so because people can't blow up a death knight in 30 seconds and move on to the next target we get nerfed. or maybe because after the first 45sec of a fight u don't know what to do anymore so you just wine and cry to blizz oh i got for 90k death strike.

the truth is i crit for 30k death strikes. and no i cant just spam endless death strikes. if u happin to get hit for one at about 45k i would be taking damage compairable to tanking a boss and will be dead in about 10 seconds. and if u get hit for more than that u have less than 3k resil which is easily attainable through honor points. so stop crying and using false acusations while trying cry louder.

i took 8 months off from wow just after lvling to 85 when cata came out becuase it was so lackluster. my friends form way back in vanella were saying the new changes to pvp and raiding were good in 4.3 and so i picked it back up. i was enjoying it again. but the way things are going after just finished lvling a warrior to 85 yesterday (find hime here, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/sargeras/Ponisher/advanced ) for the purpose of prot pvp in bgs im not sure if my subscription once mop comes out will be renewed. this time it may be a perminant hiatus.
Edited by Shrecker on 1/10/2012 12:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
its funny because vengeance isnt whats giving death knights the 90k death strikes
this nerf only affects warriors and pallies
to a lesser extent druids
blood dks will hit hard regardless
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I just want a refund on the conquest 1h sword i bought two days before this announcement. And to all the haters saying prot has absolutely no place in PVP, why do they offer the 1h str swords and str sheilds, aside from the obvious sadistic internal joke?
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
so stop crying and using false acusations while trying cry louder.

Hmmm this seems like a contradiction, should i cry or not?

Also, umadbro?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage

what bothers me is that this is by far the stupidist reason for a nerf i have ever heard in all of my 6 1/2 years of playing wow. because blood dks are too hard kill and they do too much damage in battle grounds. BATTLE GROUNDS. which have virtually no effect on arenas or raiding. ...

you cant say nerf a class because someone is playing it well. me and my priest partner in 2v2s have never lost a single match to a blood dk and i don't do 2s as blood spec.

I hate reading peoples posts saying prot specs have no place in pvp....

Wow. You must be very mad. I think you dont get life. Here's the deal. While its true that the major rewards are gained from Arena/Rated but conquest points now come from BG's too. Its also true that if you only have a wee bit of time to play each day and love PVP, random PUGs are your best option. Its really a bummer when the top 3 in dmg and heals are blood dk's. We are all fine with tank survivability but combine that with huge dmg and its dumb. Sure we can sometimes ignore you and u dont get vengenance but sooner or later u gotta be killed and there not always a druid, rogue ect...to calm u down. Thank Blizz that this colossal mistake is finally ending.

You can still run flags and live a long time. If you dont like it, change to Frost. You can pump out dmg but watch your back.
Edited by Ingredient on 1/10/2012 4:47 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]