Why I am quitting WoW. (Constructive)

90 Tauren Hunter
01/11/2012 05:13 PMPosted by Clease
Nice LFR DS kill bro. Now try normal and heroic before saying that.

I explained in my post why I wouldn't bother with it. It just becomes a grind fest for better gear and achievements.

Also, I should have done a better job of pointing out that I have never been a raider at all. I always did the older raids just to see them and get the "checkmark" achievement for having done it, but in general I have always been a full-time casual player sticking to random BGs and questing, and (until it died) world pvp.

"Lowbie leveling is too easy waaah!"

Really?

This is as constructive as a house of cards.

Lowbie questing used to have a minimum level of competence required to do. Some quests were actually quite difficult to solo, and you could *actually* die sometimes. Now it's just an incredibly boring grind.

From someone who used to love questing but now hates it, I tried to do my best at explaining why I no longer find it fun. Yes, I think that is being constructive. (At no point did I say "waaah".)

01/11/2012 05:00 PMPosted by Feezil
World pvp is dead because of people like you who sit on their throne in orgrimmar while complaining about it.

No, it's dead because everything is instanced, questing is very dull and all "phased" so nobody does it anymore, it's dead because of flying mounts and buffed guards, and because they wiped Southshore off the map. There is almost no chance at all that I will stumble into any alliance while questing for random, spontaneous PvP.

Last time I got off my "throne" in org and went to SW on my rogue, it lasted about 11 minutes before I got mugged by about 14 Alliance players and 6 different guards from whom I could not Vanish for some reason, thus keeping me out of stealth so the giant rush of players could kill me.

The players did NOT kill world PvP. Do you think that the *entire* PvP community just suddenly, spontaneously, inexplicably decided to stop PvPing in the world after 4.0 hit? No, there are concrete reasons as to why it happened, which I explained in my post.

Believe me, I tried damned hard to keep killing Alliance in the world for months after 4.0 hit, but it was futile. The world is a ghost town.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
If this is the case, he should've posted on the toon that has downed normal/heroic DS before saying it's "too easy." Otherwise we see he downed LFR and know he's complaining watered down lame content is just that.

Sorry, but as I said I deleted all my toons except my main and my banker while I wait for all my auctions to finish.

Furthermore I already explained that I wasn't much of a raider, and I didn't see the point in repeatedly grinding the same raid over and over again for gear and e-peen (I mean achievements.)
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
So I have to say, in general, I disagree with everything you said. I started playing this game about 2 years ago and I actually haven't played another game since. I love this game and look forward to what Blizzard brings to the table in the future.

I'll type the same thing I think when I see these types of posts:

If you don't like the game, don't play it. Coming to the forums and spewing all over the place really just gives a single, unhappy perspective of the game. There are many people who disagree with some or all of what you're unhappy with. Back in the days of consoles, when I was tired of playing Mario 3, I'd pop it out and put in Contra or Tyson's Punch-out. I didn't take time to write nintendo a letter about why I was changing games and letting some collect dust.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Liked all reasons (Doesn't mean I completely agree)... except the Panda one.
Edited by Spacemuffin on 1/11/2012 5:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
So I have to say, in general, I disagree with everything you said. I started playing this game about 2 years ago and I actually haven't played another game since. I love this game and look forward to what Blizzard brings to the table in the future.

I'll type the same thing I think when I see these types of posts:

If you don't like the game, don't play it. Coming to the forums and spewing all over the place really just gives a single, unhappy perspective of the game. There are many people who disagree with some or all of what you're unhappy with. Back in the days of consoles, when I was tired of playing Mario 3, I'd pop it out and put in Contra or Tyson's Punch-out. I didn't take time to write nintendo a letter about why I was changing games and letting some collect dust.

You are comparing apples and oranges.

Back in the console days, if you didn't like Mario 3, that was IT. No more Mario 3 for you.

Mario 3 was not an online game with a paid monthly service that could change almost overnight based on player feedback and sub losses.

Also, there were no online forums like this one for players to share their thoughts.

Furthermore, as I explained, I am not just here to "spew". As I said, I have been playing this game for a very long time and I have seen a lot of changes. But I had a lot of fun. But I don't have fun anymore because I don't like the changes they have made.

I know it's one drop of water in a vast sea of player comments, but my reason for posting this was to make my voice heard in the miniscule hope that my opinion is taken into account and some of the game's former glory is restored.

Comparing WoW to a console game is just... bleh, I don't know what to tell you. Honestly you sound like my grandpa telling me how he used to use his rotary phone to call the radio station to request his favourite Beach Boys tune. As though that would somehow compare to an online internet petition. The two are just vastly different.

I appreciate your point, but this is something I had to get off my chest. I know (of course) that not everyone agrees with my points, but many of these points have been many many times before by many different players, suggesting that there is at least some truth in them.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
01/11/2012 05:50 PMPosted by Bigdaddy
Yes pandas are lame. If I wanted to play Hello Kitty I would have.

The name of your toon removes all your rights to call anything lame.
Reply Quote
61 Gnome Death Knight
01/11/2012 04:59 PMPosted by Okuu
Just because you write the word "constructive" doesn't magically make your QQ constructive.

Problem is the OP post was constructive - no need to be rude
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
[quote]Yes pandas are lame. If I wanted to play Hello Kitty I would have.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tofIAnExhQ4
Ah, yes. VERY Hello Kitty-like.
01/11/2012 05:53 PMPosted by Delerious
The name of your toon removes all your rights to call anything lame.

Does the same apply to me?
Edited by Spacemuffin on 1/11/2012 5:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter

(sigh)

This is the last time I will say this, after which I will ignore all related posts.

I did not raid.

I have never raided.

I do not like to raid.

I don't like raiding.

I did things in this game other than raid.

So telling me that I don't have raid achievements is tantamount to me telling you that you have never once appeared on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno: It is irrelevant.

Good day.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I'm still waiting for the (constructive) post....
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
01/11/2012 06:05 PMPosted by Avaryce
I'm still waiting for the (constructive) post....

I am leaving the game and enumerating the reasons for which I am doing so. Thus, someone in the dev department reading this post and others like it will have a better idea as to why I am leaving, and based on how other players react to this post (as some already have) they might be able to fathom why some players are discontent. This may influence future changes.

It is called "constructive criticism." Very much unlike what you just did in your troll post.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
01/11/2012 04:23 PMPosted by Dahveed
2 - PvE is way too easy.

You say its too easy, and the only raiding you've done this xpac is LFR DS. Not even regular DS, LFR DS.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
If you've only been playing since 2008, you really have no idea what you're talking about. Nice pile of QQ though, misinformed as some of it might be.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]