PvP Gear vs. PvE Gear

90 Night Elf Rogue
Ok. I've already established I'm a n00b, so if you have some jibes about my questions, feel free to get them out of your system so I can weed through to get to the good answers. :P

I hear a lot about "that dagger is a PvP weapon" or "that helm is a great piece of PvE gear" and so on. My question is, what makes an item (weapon, armor, trinket) best for PvE and what makes it good for PvP.

If I had to guess, it would be PvE you go for DPS and PvP you want max health/stamina and such.

Comparables are great. :)
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
if you acquire an item with conquest or honor points its PVP. If you acquire an item through honor or valor points, dungeons, quests and auction house its PVE. PVP gear also give resilience and PVE does not
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
Also, instead of resilience on a PvE item, that item will have another secondary stat (ex: Haste, Crit, Hit, Mastery, etc.)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
So some gear you get from PvP honor and conquest points and some you get from quests and drops (etc.). But are there any attributes from weapons or armor that make an item better for one or the other? Obviously resilience is only good for PvP. But If I'm looking for good PvE and raiding gear, should I be looking for agility, dps, stamina, haste, crit, etc.? And vice versa.

Example. I'm level 85 and I have 2 sets of complete gear - one for PvE/Raids and one for PvP. What would the main differences be, if any?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
Really only resil is the big difference. Due to reforging the type of stats on things has become mostly unimportant, as if it gives something you don't find desirable, reforge it off for something better. Since you're combat spec, here's the noticeable difference:

Since combats best stat is Haste, when going from PvP to PvE gear, your haste will jump, a lot. Since Crit is our best stat in PvP, when going from PvE to PvP gear, your crit will jump.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Is it worth reforging while levelling? I'm thinking not until a person starts to gear up at 85. And when I do reforge, I should be focusing on Haste for PvE vs. Crit?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Vex
01/16/2012 09:02 AMPosted by Sylvyr
Is it worth reforging while levelling? I'm thinking not until a person starts to gear up at 85. And when I do reforge, I should be focusing on Haste for PvE vs. Crit?
No, it's not worth it while leveling. You should be focused on following your chosen spec's stat priority. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2369743517#4

When you're ready, or if you decide to, raid http://shadowcraft.mmo-mumble.com/ takes any sense of guess-work out of it and gives you optimized raid-level reforge suggestions.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
wtb reforging resil
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]