I HATE the difficulty of the 4.3 heroics

90 Human Death Knight
These have been a joke since release, they are WAY too easy. Not fun to play when there's no challenge.

Blizzard clearly retuned these heroics to normal mode level and released them. It sucks, please bring back challenging 5 mans.
Reply Quote
Don't play it then.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
inb4 someone tells you to go do heroic DS
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
01/14/2012 05:49 AMPosted by Dethandra
Don't play it then.

That is clearly not an option due to some reason likely involving wizards and perhaps evil.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
01/14/2012 05:48 AMPosted by Lucius
Blizzard clearly retuned these heroics to normal mode level and released them. It sucks, please bring back challenging 5 mans.

Ok, but you're first going to have to send them a check for $200 million to make up for the money they've lost due to content overtuning this expansion.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
01/14/2012 05:55 AMPosted by Osmeric
Ok, but you're first going to have to send them a check for $200 million to make up for the money they've lost due to content overtuning this expansion.

Maybe it was the content undertuning in WotLK that was being corrected.

Boom and the Bust.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
01/14/2012 05:59 AMPosted by Goobadin

Boom and the Bust.

Nah. That dog won't hunt.

http://inanage.com/2012/01/13/established-fact/
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter

Boom and the Bust.

Nah. That dog won't hunt.

http://inanage.com/2012/01/13/established-fact/

Show me where Blizz says people left because the game was too hard.

Otherwise its just infering.
Edited by Vaelkyri on 1/14/2012 6:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
OK guys! I have a solution! since "heroic" is clearly the old normal, lets make another tier of content with better gear as a "super heroic" mode. Then the other guys can get better gear than normals, but ppl that want to do "harder tuned" instances can do super heroic and get better gear.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
01/14/2012 05:55 AMPosted by Osmeric

That 800k of the 1.7 million lost subs came from China makes the likelyhood that overtuning was the cause for even a large fraction of that number incredibly small. That anyone would even attempt to come to that conclusion when almost half the sub losses came from a region who's easiest MMOs make WoW look like Ernie's Shapes and Numbers betrays their complete disconnect from both the MMO market as a whole, and especially in that region specifically.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
01/14/2012 06:04 AMPosted by Vaelkyri
Whaaaaa? NO I AM TE LEET HEROICS ARE TOO HARD FOR EREYBODY!!!!!

Welcome to what almost a year of facerolling an undertuned 10m version of ICC with a 30% buff does to you. Between that and people thinking crafted PvP gear, items that were barely on par with Hyjal quest greens, were good enough to get them through something balanced around an average gear level 30-40 ilvls higher than what they have and disaster is bound to strike.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
01/14/2012 06:03 AMPosted by Bomdanil

That 800k of the 1.7 million lost subs came from China makes the likelyhood that overtuning was the cause for even a large fraction of that number incredibly small. That anyone would even attempt to come to that conclusion when almost half the sub losses came from a region who's easiest MMOs make WoW look like Ernie's Shapes and Numbers betrays their complete disconnect from both the MMO market as a whole, and especially in that region specifically.

Bomdanil, you were the one that assured us that China would like Cataclysm because it's harder that Wrath. Your credibility on this issue is pretty much nil.

The fact is, China was seeing growth in Q1 and Q2, and that growth reversed and went negative in Q3 when Cataclysm hit. The comments we've been seeing on MMO-C from people with China connections are that, just like everywhere else, the increased difficulty turned people off.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
01/14/2012 06:04 AMPosted by Vaelkyri
OK guys! I have a solution! since "heroic" is clearly the old normal, lets make another tier of content with better gear as a "super heroic" mode. Then the other guys can get better gear than normals, but ppl that want to do "harder tuned" instances can do super heroic and get better gear.

Thne people will whine that super heroic is too hard.-

Issue isnt the difficulty, its the playerbase that thinks they are gods gift to gaming.

Heroics to hard? Go do normals until you get better.

Whaaaaa? NO I AM TE LEET HEROICS ARE TOO HARD FOR EREYBODY!!!!!

NO NO. you dont get it! see, when ppl start to complain because super heroic is too hard for them we could just nerf it so that its like the "regular heroic" difficulty and create the "epic heroic" to surpass the "super heroic" difficulty. That way everybody would be happy.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
01/14/2012 06:12 AMPosted by Lovelypuppy
Heroics are practice targets for raids. Because you're trying to clear the instance as fast as possible so you should theoretically have learned how to tank or dps for raids.

That's what the 4.0 heroics were supposed to accomplish. I actually think it did its job of educating ppl that they sucked at the game. But then they didn't want to suck at the game they had been doing well at for the past 2 years. So they became unhappy, but resolute that they had a right to do heroics since it was available to them in terms of a button on their UI.

Just make heroics hard again, and take it off LFD. People will stop feeling like its a right to be able to run heroics, get this fixed up.
Reply Quote
14 Night Elf Hunter
It's the gear progression (only progression) mainly through vp that pulls people in the heroics. So of course they have to be tuned to the average player base. You want harder heroics, put your high gear in your bag and undergear. Run them with 2 or 3 friends only.

I can't tell you how much fun I had yesterday running Sethekk Halls on my 70 hunter with 2 other 70's. No tank. You can make content harder by yourself. You can't make it easier.
Edited by Littledeer on 1/14/2012 6:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I am one of those that hated Cataclysm when it first came out. I ran a handful of heroics at launch and I haven't been back since. GC and his "dungeons are hard" post told me that I wasn't welcome and I have been playing DPS classes in BGs this whole expansion.

The issue though really isn't the difficulty, but the community. Perhaps the community soured even more as result of the difficulty, but the fact of the matter is that the community became completely intolerant of anything but perfect play.

"You can't pull X DPS? You're gone.."

"OMG WHERE WAS THE HEALER!!!" (Healer drops group)

All of those things may be a byproduct of the increased difficulty at launch, but it turned the playerbase off. Perhaps there are now people that feel like it is too easy. There is nothing stopping you from taking some of your gear off or go find a heroic raid group to play with.

Right now Blizzard is trying to recover the blow they took with Cataclysm. I am shocked that they are even touching the talent trees for MoP considering how irritated the player base is today.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
01/14/2012 06:18 AMPosted by Littledeer
You can't make it easier.

So Kil'Jaeden is as hard today as he was when he was released originally?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]