Silvermoon City: No fishing or cooking quests

90 Tauren Priest
Why are there no daily fishing or cooking quests in Silvermoon City? They definitely have them in Orgrimar, Undercity, and Thunder Bluff?

What gives with Silvermoon City? Why none there?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Reduces traffic to my beautiful city. We don't need cows dirtying our beautiful pristine streets. Plus the constructs walking the street probably saw a fisherman fishing from our pools and that's against Silvermoon laws.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Death Knight
01/10/2012 07:42 AMPosted by Mediana
Reduces traffic to my beautiful city. We don't need cows dirtying our beautiful pristine streets. Plus the constructs walking the street probably saw a fisherman fishing from our pools and that's against Silvermoon laws.

Seriously do you want to anger the constructs? that poor lvl 10 fishing... took a week to get the stain out of the tile...
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
Its so I don't have to waste time finding my portal Silvermoon to do such quests :p

Let time it wastes if someone isn't a mage 0_0
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
Thank you for the remarks from the peanut gallery... now is there anyone that can actually shed some light on this subject?

I do have other horde characters you know and some of them are Blood Elves.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Death Knight
Your welcome
Sincerly,
The Peanut Gallery

OT: No there is no real good reason for it. Except maybe for the fact that Alliance has X number and Horde has the same amount.
Reply Quote
16 Worgen Warrior
I think they just skipped the BC cities as far as the cooking/fishing dailies go. They aren't available in Exodar either.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
We do have fishing and cooking dailys in silvermoon but unfortunately the quest givers are all off atm trying to find a hair salon to get their hair done. This problem could be solved if they added a hair salon to silvermoon city so they dont have to walk south every morning to undercity to get their hair done.
Reply Quote
80 Human Priest
AFK
They don't have them in the exodar, either. I think it's because they've only done minor upgrades to the BC cities.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Silvermoon and Exodar are in the same boat, and on the same servers - i.e. "Outland". Outland did not get revamped - this time. Technical issues arising from that might be part of the reason.

I'm cynical enough to assume the real reason is simply a time/cost vs. reward calculation - Blizzard would have spent too much time making a seventh and eighth set of cooking dailies for the potential gain of having people do them. One reason they made the dailies for UC/TB/Darn/IF was to get people to go there. Tell me, did it work on your realm?

That aside, I'd have loved for Silvermoon and Exodar to get such quests too. The more equal all the major cities are service-wise, the better. It'd be interesting to see where people would choose to hearth, if all cities were completely 'equal' in services. Cataclysm brought us closer to that point, but not all the way. 4.3 even regressed a bit, with the Ethereals being Org/SW exclusive.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Because
1) No flying mounts, so people get all mad and !@#$

2) Even though Blizzard put so much work into Silvermoon and made it beautiful and awesome, its too far away.~
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
01/10/2012 07:53 AMPosted by Elizawynn
They don't have them in the exodar, either. I think it's because they've only done minor upgrades to the BC cities.

Okay but then how does that explain they have them in Shatt? That is a BC city also.

Seems like Exodar and Silver Moon City got the short end of everything. Does Exodar have a beauty salon or are those only in Orgrimar and Undercity and Stormwind and Iron Forge or what?
Reply Quote
16 Worgen Warrior
01/10/2012 08:00 AMPosted by Wishtershire
Okay but then how does that explain they have them in Shatt? That is a BC city also.

Pretty sure Shatt had them since it was the "major" city of the BC expansion where everyone hung out. Same as Dalaran has them from Wrath.
Reply Quote
80 Human Priest
AFK
Shatt had them because it was the level cap city of BC, and people needed something to do while getting groups together. As far as I know, they've been there, if not the whole of BC, then certainly before wrath dropped.

Silvermoon is no farther away than UC. Like, literally. Go in the front gate, turn right, Silvermoon City.
Edited by Elizawynn on 1/10/2012 10:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
01/10/2012 08:09 AMPosted by Elizawynn
waiting for their daily queues to pop.

The only queue you had in BC was PvP and that didnt take long at all.

Wut choo talkin bout willis?
Reply Quote
54 Blood Elf Priest
I hate going to UC everyday to get my hair done! Why can't we just get a salon in Silver moon?................. Although, what ever those undead use on my hair makes me look several hundred years younger.......
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Its so I don't have to waste time finding my portal Silvermoon to do such quests :p

I'm not sure travel time is the concern, considering there's the dailies in UC, and there's a teleportation orb to Silvermoon from UC.

01/10/2012 08:16 AMPosted by Cernenus
Although, what ever those undead use on my hair makes me look several hundred years younger.

I believe the word you're looking for is formaldehyde.
Edited by Karat on 1/10/2012 8:18 AM PST
Reply Quote
54 Blood Elf Priest

I'm not sure travel time is the concern, considering there's the dailies in UC, and there's a teleportation orb to Silvermoon from UC.

01/10/2012 08:16 AMPosted by Cernenus
Although, what ever those undead use on my hair makes me look several hundred years younger.

I believe the word you're looking for is formaldehyde.

You say formaldehyde, I say a magical hair re-newer!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]