Transmog: This items appearance cannot be...

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Change this! I spent some silver and got the following items but cannot transmog with them! What the hell?!

Polished Scale Vest Polished Scale Leggings Polished Scale Boots Polished Scale Gloves Polished Scale Belt

(EDIT: I now realize these are MAIL items. I looked right over that. Thanks, Kalecos!)

I also have the following axes.

I can use Ravager
But I cannot use Hellslayer Battle Axe

I really don't see a reason as to WHY the two-handed axe cannot be used. Please fix this obvious glitch/error/poor judgement.
Edited by Nopetesta on 1/12/2012 4:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
The polished scale items are mail, while a Paladin can only mog plate items.

As for the axes, are you trying to put it on a one-handed axe or a two-hander? The two items involved in mogging need to be same hand count and same weapon type with only ranged weapons being the exception.

Edit: Also, BoA items to my knowledge can't be mogged, regardless if they meet the other criteria.

Edit 2: seems I'm wrong on BoA items as you've mogged your chest and shoulder items.
Edited by Kalecos on 1/12/2012 4:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
White and grey items never could be transmogged, they made it so only items with stats and were not "silly" items could be transmogged.

Not sure why you would have issues with that axe though unless you are trying to transmog a 2h sword, 2h mace, or any one handed weapon into that axe.

That and only hunters and shaman can transmog mail armor. But regardless white and grey weapons and armor are off limits to transmog.
Edited by Nyzul on 1/12/2012 4:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
01/12/2012 04:36 PMPosted by Kalecos
Also, BoA items to my knowledge can't be mogged, regardless if they meet the other criteria.

They can, but they lose it when you mail them.

01/12/2012 04:32 PMPosted by Nopetesta
Change this! I spent some silver and got the following items but cannot transmog with them! What the hell?!

Items need to have stats to be 'mogged.
Edited by Karat on 1/12/2012 4:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior

Polished Scale Vest Polished Scale Leggings Polished Scale Boots Polished Scale Gloves Polished Scale Belt

I also have the following axes.

I can use Ravager
But I cannot use Hellslayer Battle Axe

I really don't see a reason as to WHY the grays cannot be used and why the two-handed axe cannot be used. Please fix this obvious glitch/error/poor judgement.

well first off the hellslayer has to be bound to u so equip it if u haven't
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
How do you link the item like that? Is there a number code somewhere for it when the imput box ask for the item your wanting to link?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Thanks for pointing out the Mail aspect. Major blond moment there! But with the axe I am using the Arcanite BOA. My chest and shoulders are BOA as well and they are transmogrified. So the axe thing is most likely a problem with the application...
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
01/12/2012 04:39 PMPosted by Brewed
well first off the hellslayer has to be bound to u so equip it if u haven't

Not quite true, as it will bind itself when you try to mog it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/12/2012 04:40 PMPosted by Darkgamí
How do you link the item like that? Is there a number code somewhere for it when the imput box ask for the item your wanting to link?

it's the last button in the row of buttons above the reply comment field. the item number will be in the URL of the item you're viewing in the armory.
Reply Quote
83 Human Warrior
01/12/2012 04:36 PMPosted by Kalecos
The polished scale items are mail, while a Paladin can only mog plate items.

No...

Any item can be mogged by any class, but the armor types must match. Plate for Plate, Mail for Mail.
Reply Quote
55 Tauren Death Knight
01/12/2012 04:32 PMPosted by Nopetesta
I really don't see a reason as to WHY the grays cannot be used
You don't see the reason why? The reason is: Blizzard said so. Does it suck? No, because they also said the rules for Transmog weren't set in stone. How about this, go read the rules for this system, abide by them for the time being, you already posted what you would like changed on the forums so your opinion on the matter has been heard, now head back into the game and enjoy the transmog system as it is until it changes.
Reply Quote
55 Tauren Death Knight
Since we announced the transmogrification feature coming to World of Warcraft with patch 4.3, we have monitored thousands of follow-up comments, questions and suggestions from players all over the world.

What follows is our current list of rules for transmogrification. This is a set of rules that we expect to change over time, and is not intended to be 100% comprehensive, but we hope that it can be referenced to answer most questions that players currently have about what they can and cannot expect to be able to do with transmogrification.

• The character must be able to equip both items.

• Only uncommon (green), rare (blue) or epic (purple) items may be transmogrified. (exceptions: a select few of these items will be prevented from being used to transmogrify if they are inappropriate)

• Items must share the same armor type (examples: plate for plate, cloth for cloth)

• Weapons must be the same weapon type (exceptions: Guns, Crossbows, or Bows)

• Guns, Crossbows, and Bows can be used to transmogrify Guns, Crossbows, or Bows.

• Main hand weapons can only be used to transmogrify Main hand weapons.

• Off-hand weapons can only be used to transmogrify Off-hand weapons.

• One handed weapons can be used to transmogrify a Main hand or Off-hand weapon.

• Using an item for transmogrify makes it soulbound.

• Using an item for transmogrify makes it non-refundable.

• Using an item for transmogrify makes it non-tradable.

• Heirlooms and Account Bound items can be transmogrified.

• Heirlooms and Account Bound items can be used to transmogrify.

• Legendary items cannot be transmogrified.

• Legendary items cannot be used to transmogrify.

• Fishing Poles cannot be transmogrified.

• Fishing Poles cannot be used to transmogrify.

• Mailing an item strips its transmogrification.

• Placing an item in Void Storage strips its transmogrification.

• Vendoring an item strips its transmogrification.

• The displayed enchant will be that of the currently equipped item.

• There may be individual items that are excluded from being transmogrified on the basis that they were originally added to the game as absurdities. (examples: a weapon that looks like a fish, or a chest piece that is invisible)
Edited by Plaguingyou on 1/12/2012 4:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
01/12/2012 04:41 PMPosted by Nopetesta
it's the last button in the row of buttons above the reply comment field. the item number will be in the URL of the item you're viewing in the armory.
Hey thank you for that! I was looking for some pants I needed found and was offering gold for them but I couldn't find the item number for the life of me. Thank you so much :)
Reply Quote
55 Tauren Death Knight
01/12/2012 04:40 PMPosted by Nopetesta
Thanks for pointing out the Mail aspect. Major blond moment there! But with the axe I am using the Arcanite BOA. My chest and shoulders are BOA as well and they are transmogrified. So the axe thing is most likely a problem with the application...
Do you have the axe on Nopetesta and doing the transmog on Nopetesta, or are you doing the transmog on a different toon and sending it to Nopetesta? If the former, idk what the issue is. If its the latter, then that's not going to work. When you send the heirloom through the mail system it looses it's transmog.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/12/2012 04:46 PMPosted by Plaguingyou
Do you have the axe on Nopetesta and doing the transmog on Nopetesta, or are you doing the transmog on a different toon and sending it to Nopetesta? If the former, idk what the issue is. If its the latter, then that's not going to work. When you send the heirloom through the mail system it looses it's transmog.

The axe was acquired on Nope and is soulbound to Nope.
Edited by Nopetesta on 1/12/2012 4:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
83 Human Warrior
01/12/2012 04:40 PMPosted by Nopetesta

The only thing preventing you from mogging mail items, to look like those mail items, is that grey/white items are currently not allowed to be mogged.

Yes, if you are a paladin you can mogg a mail item, but both items (the item you are taking the design from, and the item you are applying the design to) must be mail. I know this because after Plaguing you decided to tell me it was impossible, I went to stormwind, bought a cloth helm on my rogue (who he claims can only mog leather), equipped it then went to the transmogrifier and mogged that cloth helm to look like a blue cloth helm I have in my inventory.

Key point, you must have the item equipped before you use the transmogrifier, otherwise you get the 'items must be the same type' error. Hence why a rogue cannot mog a mail or plate item, because they cannot equip mail or plate. However a paladin, who can equip every type of armor available in the game, has no such restriction.
Reply Quote
60 Gnome Warlock
this is so freakin stupid. you can't wear plate until 40. therefore there is no plate below that. they wore mail, so why cant they transmog mail. they can wear mail now, they HAD to wear mail then, but they can't transmog mail. wonderful Blizzard logic.
Edited by Zyrnial on 1/12/2012 5:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
01/12/2012 05:15 PMPosted by Zyrnial
this is so freakin stupid. you can't wear plate until 40. therefore there is no plate below that. they wore mail, so why cant they transmog mail. they can wear mail now, they HAD to wear mail then, but they can't transmog mail. wonderful Blizzard logic.

They can transmog mail. It's just that they can only transmog mail onto other mail, not onto plate.

I still think the type-for-type restriction should go, though.
Reply Quote
83 Human Warrior
01/12/2012 05:23 PMPosted by Sharkon
I still think the type-for-type restriction should go, though.

I don't...

I'd rather not see any male character tanking a boss in a dress because plate items can now be transmogged to look like cloth.
Reply Quote
72 Undead Mage
Another item, for no apparent reason, that cannot be transmogged is the Twilight Cultist Robe. This is a green cloth item being transmogged over another cloth item. There seems to be no logical reason why I cannot transmog this item.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]