The Ironman Challenge II (new thread)

45 Blood Elf Hunter
Some people complain WoW is too easy. Well, for people who want a challenge, take part in the Iron Man Challenge! I came across a thread from someone named Sandinhiseye about this, and it was fairly old. So, rather than necro it, I'm making a new thread. Taken from his thread, here are the rules:
1) No items equipped other than White or Gray items.
2) No heirlooms
3) No talent points- no specialization - you may train class abilities
4) No professions, primary or secondary, other than First Aid.
5) No food or water above vendor-quality white items.
6) No groups- no BG's, no instances, no raids, no quest groups. No guilds.
7) No enchants, scrolls, potions/elixirs, or glyphs.
8) No outside financial or equipment assistance (no gold or bags from other toons)
9) THE BIG ONE - if you die, ever, you delete that toon and start over at lvl 1
Any takers? If you're doing it, post on that character and we will track your progress.

It looks like post 501 did us in...so here is my latest!!
-----------------------------------------------
Dear Ironjournal,

It appears that the command board sent me from Dustwallow Marsh, to a place far worse. The Plaguelands. Eastern side at that.
So, I took a bat away from Undercity and after a small trip landed near a caravan, lead by a nice Worgen lady named Fiona.
She asked me to find her companions, and bring them back alive for her. I didn't have anything pressing, so I ventured off north with my now bear companion, Sweetness. He is technically a diseased and dead bear. I did this for one main reason, I do not think I could willingly watch another living pet of mine die like my beatuiful Autumn did.
Sweetness is pretty protective of me, and does his job well.
I must say after finding Golbraids and his other companion Sunsomething, I know the Plaguelands are not a place for the faint of heart.
More and more my weapons are becoming inneffective in dealing with the undead legions that haunt the place.
The Noxious Glade, for example. This place is horrors of legend. The scourge still rule the area with an iron fist, thier mutations of nature strangling our world. Fiona's friends forced themselves with me on a quest for the Argent Crusade, and even with thier help, it nearly killed me.
A huge monster, bigger than I have ever witnessed before, smelled me and took after me. Sweetness was kicked in the air multiple times, Fiona's companions were beaten and ran. This thing tore into my pathetic armor so hard I thought my arms might fall off.
I did what I learned well to do in Stranglethorn Vale....I ran....I ran as hard as I could. It didn't help. The creature had his heart set to rip mine out and gave chase.
I called forth the power of the cheetah and started to outrun him, only to see why he laughed loudly...There were scourge blocking my exit.
The next thing that happened, I was knocked to the ground, and that things fist bearing down on me. It punched once, and my blood flew in many directions....
Upon that hit, I screamed out and lay there. The monstrosity sniffed for a second more and left, taking his undead friends with him.
I waited a few seconds before peeking a blackened eye open, all clear.
Again, I summoned my hearthstone and was again wisked away back to the brighness of Silvermoon, where I once again escaped death by mere seconds.
...The Plaguelands....Go there only if you are a fool....The undead rule there...
I am however, now a full member of the Argent Crusade.

~Jani

-----
lvl 44 and still doing it.
The Noxious Vale was tough. My advice, wait on the respawns and avoid that wandering elite.
As to pet talents? You don't need them, I'm not using them.
See you all in the trenches!
Edited by Janileth on 1/14/2012 6:54 PM PST
85 Human Warlock
01/14/2012 05:52 PMPosted by Celiene
I wanted to do this but I don't see how this will be possible in the 60-85 areas there really is no white/grey items I have ever ran across. also i wouldn't start over if I died.

I doubt you can go much past BC, but, hey, it's still cool to track the progress someone's making in an attempt.
45 Gnome Warlock
Ironaria's Journal (Level 30)

I talked to Mountaineer Stormpike about a transfer to another barracks and he told me the only opening was at Menethil Harbor in Wetlands. Have you seen that place? It’s half under-water! Well, I finally talked him into signing me up with the Night Watch in Duskwood working for some humans. A nice quiet forest, much better!
85 Gnome Rogue
Hey Jani,
Grats on your progress!

Can you edit the rules in to the beginning of your first post, please?

It'll be easier for people seeing this for the first time.
45 Blood Elf Hunter
01/14/2012 05:53 PMPosted by Fionessane
I wanted to do this but I don't see how this will be possible in the 60-85 areas there really is no white/grey items I have ever ran across. also i wouldn't start over if I died.

I doubt you can go much past BC, but, hey, it's still cool to track the progress someone's making in an attempt.

Well BC and Wrath do not seem to be the issue so far as I can see from wowhead.
Its the lack of anything from 80-85 that will prove this difficult.
I plan to TRY all the zones I can, assuming I make it out of my 40's.
I am just gonna keep doing what I am doing, Pulling slow, taking out the added mobs to the left and right, using my traps, conc shot, scatter shot, pet - everything I can do to survive. I am doing as many quests as I can per zone, and moving on from there.
I typically stay away from things like Zul'Kunda and now The Noxious Vale.
I must say...there are times where it seems easy, but thats when you need to keep your guard up at its max.
This is truly a challenge, and I am having a ton of fun with it.

----
Server: Moonguard
Chat Channel: Ironmanchallenge
85 Dwarf Hunter
Im so flattered. Someone actually recreated my thread =)
22 Undead Warrior
@ Shandris

We are strong, there are a lot of people doing this.
45 Gnome Warlock
Ironaria's Journal (Level 30)

So… turns out that forest was haunted!

I’ve been buried (lolpun) in work since I got here. Seems like everything here wants to kill us! The animals are vicious, there are about a million worgen running around and of course the undead. Sooooo many undead!

Also (this is sort of embarrassing…), this strange old named Abercrombie turned out to be a necromancer or something. I was helping him out by gathering all this stuff for him and then it turns out he was using it to build an Abomination! Can you believe it? Well I saved the town too so no big deal.

And then I saved the town again by killing the lich of this other powerful necromancer named Morbent Fel over in the Raven Hill catacombs. After that the major gave me a medal for my bravery so that was pretty cool. We had a ceremony and everything, and the whole town was there (what was left of it anyway!) to thank me! It was awesome!

I’m still fighting alongside my voidy (Bubbles). We make a great team! Even with all this bad stuff around I never really felt like I was in danger. Oh yeah… and ogres! I also fought ogres! I forgot about that in the first part.

Anyway, that’s all for now journal. Ello Ebonlocke (that’s the major btw) said I could get some extra vacation time cause of my good work. I think I’m going to Stranglethorn Vale.
45 Blood Elf Hunter
01/14/2012 06:17 PMPosted by Shandrìs
Im so flattered. Someone actually recreated my thread =)

You inspired it...we needed to keep this alive!!!
82 Night Elf Druid
01/14/2012 05:53 PMPosted by Fionessane

I certainly haven't done this completely on this character (I use talents and have died many times) but I have mostly leveled to 81 using white and gray gear only (check my profile).

I'm currently in Grizzly Hills and have very few problems and expect to get through Northrend without any issues.

Problem comes when you hit Cata and you no longer out level the content. I think it's possible to get to 85 but getting through all the zones (Uldum and Twilight Highlands especially) once you actually need to level content at your level without talents and gear may finally be a challenge.

I am trying to be true to the challenge as Ironworgen on Wyrmrest Accord.

Here's a request for Selenagnomez, could you update your final post in the other thread to include a link to this thread. I only guessed there was a new one and had to search through several pages to find this one. Might be a little helpful to others. Thanks.
42 Human Paladin
01/14/2012 06:01 PMPosted by Celiene
I'll do all those steps except 9

Thats fine but if you die you can no longer post your progress as number nine is the big rule that makes this the challenge.
42 Human Paladin
Some people complain WoW is too easy. Well, for people who want a challenge, take part in the Iron Man Challenge! I came across a thread from someone named Sandinhiseye about this, and it was fairly old. So, rather than necro it, I'm making a new thread. Taken from his thread, here are the rules:
1) No items equipped other than White or Gray items.
2) No heirlooms
3) No talent points- no specialization - you may train class abilities
4) No professions, primary or secondary, other than First Aid.
5) No food or water above vendor-quality white items.
6) No groups- no BG's, no instances, no raids, no quest groups. No guilds.
7) No enchants, scrolls, potions/elixirs, or glyphs.
8) No outside financial or equipment assistance (no gold or bags from other toons)
9) THE BIG ONE - if you die, ever, you delete that toon and start over at lvl 1
Any takers? If you're doing it, post on that character and we will track your progress.

It looks like post 501 did us in...so here is my latest!!
-----------------------------------------------
Dear Ironjournal,

It appears that the command board sent me from Dustwallow Marsh, to a place far worse. The Plaguelands. Eastern side at that.
So, I took a bat away from Undercity and after a small trip landed near a caravan, lead by a nice Worgen lady named Fiona.
She asked me to find her companions, and bring them back alive for her. I didn't have anything pressing, so I ventured off north with my now bear companion, Sweetness. He is technically a diseased and dead bear. I did this for one main reason, I do not think I could willingly watch another living pet of mine die like my beatuiful Autumn did.
Sweetness is pretty protective of me, and does his job well.
I must say after finding Golbraids and his other companion Sunsomething, I know the Plaguelands are not a place for the faint of heart.
More and more my weapons are becoming inneffective in dealing with the undead legions that haunt the place.
The Noxious Glade, for example. This place is horrors of legend. The scourge still rule the area with an iron fist, thier mutations of nature strangling our world. Fiona's friends forced themselves with me on a quest for the Argent Crusade, and even with thier help, it nearly killed me.
A huge monster, bigger than I have ever witnessed before, smelled me and took after me. Sweetness was kicked in the air multiple times, Fiona's companions were beaten and ran. This thing tore into my pathetic armor so hard I thought my arms might fall off.
I did what I learned well to do in Stranglethorn Vale....I ran....I ran as hard as I could. It didn't help. The creature had his heart set to rip mine out and gave chase.
I called forth the power of the cheetah and started to outrun him, only to see why he laughed loudly...There were scourge blocking my exit.
The next thing that happened, I was knocked to the ground, and that things fist bearing down on me. It punched once, and my blood flew in many directions....
Upon that hit, I screamed out and lay there. The monstrosity sniffed for a second more and left, taking his undead friends with him.
I waited a few seconds before peeking a blackened eye open, all clear.
Again, I summoned my hearthstone and was again wisked away back to the brighness of Silvermoon, where I once again escaped death by mere seconds.
...The Plaguelands....Go there only if you are a fool....The undead rule there...
I am however, now a full member of the Argent Crusade.

~Jani

-----
lvl 44 and still doing it.
The Noxious Vale was tough. My advice, wait on the respawns and avoid that wandering elite.
As to pet talents? You don't need them, I'm not using them.
See you all in the trenches!

In case anyone new wanted to find the original thread it would be cool if you edited in a link to that in your first post in this new thread. lot of good fiction in that thread that makes it a good read? hate for it all to get lost.
85 Dwarf Hunter
Link to original thread: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3881708489?page=1
42 Human Paladin
I have a new one going, name is Ironella, an Undead lock, on Wyrmrest Accord, got her to level 8, but I am not going to be real comfortable until I get level 10 and can control the summons. I think once I hit that point I should be home free.

Tried a priest thinking that would be easy because of the bubble and healing. Got level 6 and to the part where you steal the Pumpkins and kill 10 farmhands and was feeling overconfident. Ran out of mana and died when a second farmhand decided to come over and help the first one.
25 Undead Priest
On Norgannon Ironhuntress (Ironmandruid's replacement toon) and I (used to be Ironon and Twistediron) are 18 or so. Priests are doable, but at 15 they become much easier with a 13.5 dps wand from vendors "Smoldering Wand' before that all wands are pretty much green drops or crafted from enchanters so not eligible. By 15 we have most of our tools, bubble, fortitude, inner fire, renew so it is much easier then. Problem with bubble is the mana costs.

Dear Journal:

As you know I am build Horde Tough. But what was Lady Sylvanas Thinking when she tried to trick me into a suicide mission. Isn't it enough that I have given my life once for this cause and am doomed to eternal torment of having guys oggle my slowly decaying yet still shapely figure. And to add insult to injury I am suffering eternal bad hair day... the lil Belf Girls at priest school called it grave head... like bed head but eternally worse. Anyway to return to topic... me and the forsaken are on the outs... I was good to go until Sylvanus said:

"You are now ready to use the portal. Be warned, Wthironwoman, once you step through you will appear in another dimension at Ambermill. There will be a hundred, perhaps a thousand, magi waiting to kill you.

You must persevere and kill all in your path."

I tried to reason with her and let her know I was on a quest to become the most powerful Forsaken following a Zen like path of inner power by casting aside earthly treasures and superior gear. I can't do it with useless skill like cooking... HELLO I AM DEAD... I eat the brains of my fallen enemies why cook them first. I like that spongy fatty consistency and the juice dripping down my chin is a nice natural moisturizure. I have even given up jope of tailoring or enchanting ... I don't have to worry about that sweet sixteen ball anymore and glamours won't mask that grave yard fresh scent of ... well ... you know decay.

So I told her I had another mission to turn in and to check my auctions in Undercity... yeah... auctions good. Money rolling in ... I have deleted her contact off of my mental telepathy list... I am serious what kind of a horde leader just buzzes into your brain when ever she wants to talk about hair and makeup and all that.... sure she is still hot but it isn't like Arthas is ever gonna call her back for a follow up date after what she did to him up north. I think he is still giving her the cold shoulder... not grave cold but well sitting on a Frozen Throne in Northrend cold... and then the grave.. in Northrend... ugghhh... undead chicks can be so stupid... did their brain stop working before or after it was eaten?

So Barrens bound I am and let me see what I can do for the Orcs and Trolls... at least they wont send a slightly grave cooled hot chick like me on a suicide mission... nope done that once before and this girly girly aint pushing up anymore daisys.
Edited by Wthironwoman on 1/14/2012 10:21 PM PST
19 Draenei Hunter
Woo new thread, I'm going to continue my journey tonight and see where I can get.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]