[H] A Shrine To Madness, join us? ;)

Hey everyone, me and my little group of WoW friends started a guild not to long ago and need some more people! A Shrine To Madness was spawned out of the hate of past guild experience, which I'm sure the majority of us can relate to. If not, well screw you then, you lucky sob.

We have a handful of members and are level 1, but I've been taking steps towards making the guild more established. Now, that might not sound very enticing and you're right, it's really not. But we're slowly recruiting, so I thought I'd post here to see if anyone would be interested in joining. It'd be a nice place to park an alt or two and hang out, although I'm aware most people put alts in guilds with their mains where all of their friends are. Still, it's an option.

As to what kind of guild it is or will eventually be, that's kind of a tough question to answer. I'd classify it as a leisure guild, and honestly I want it to stay that way for the most part. Casual raiding could be achieved in the future, but the members we've attracted so far (which have been great and I'm glad to have in the guild) are very relaxed and don't want to nor do they have the time to commit to a raiding schedule like a second job. Our fun comes from simply talking and making fun of each other. If there's more than one person online, there's surely conversation going on in guild chat. I'm actually surprised at how active the chat has been for such a small guild.

I've made it a point to help people and answer questions as well. I really want to connect with people and make them feel welcome and useful, so anything I can do to make that happen I'll gladly take time to do.

Now I can't promise tons of benefits and perks right away, but there's something about watching a community grow that I've always loved. I could pull all of my characters out of the guild right now, hand the guild off to someone, and go to a huge level 25 guild. But I don't see the point. I can live without perks, I'd rather have a good time with the people I've come to know recently and not only watch the guild grow, but watch everyone else grow character-wise and as a group. I guess you could even call it a family.

So far we have 3 guild bank tabs and are working on filling them up with things low levels might need. There's some gold for guild repairs and I'll be adding more soon. We're all really pulling together to make this a place that people want to stay, even if it is just with their alts or if they can only play a few hours a week. If you think you'd fit into that kind of guild at all, whisper or send mail too Blingden in-game and we'll get you in. Alternatively, "/who A Shrine To Madness" and ask anyone that's online (assuming there is someone, still very small!).
Edited by Blingden on 1/17/2012 8:37 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]