Does Blizzard support SOPA/ PIPA?

86 Blood Elf Paladin
I have read on a few forum posts that Blizzard actually supports this legislation. As a person who firmly opposes this legisilation, can you confirm or deny the support if SOPA/ PIPA? The reason I am posting this on the CS forum is because it will effect whether or not I purchase more time on my account! So this is a customer service issue. Thanks
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Death Knight
Resources exist outside of these forums. This place is not the place for discussion.
Edited by Alvraen on 1/18/2012 1:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Paladin
I am asking because some online peition is showing Activision as supporting SOPA. Since they're the parent company, I think its relevant for a clarification!
Reply Quote
20 Dwarf Hunter
01/18/2012 01:03 AMPosted by Dexim
I have read on a few forum posts that Blizzard actually supports this legislation. As a person who firmly opposes this legisilation, can you confirm or deny the support if SOPA/ PIPA? The reason I am posting this on the CS forum is because it will effect whether or not I purchase more time on my account! So this is a customer service issue. Thanks

Please keep your political views out of the gaming forums. This forum is for in game customers service issues, you're asking about a political view from people that can only give their opinions here.

These issues have no place in these forums.

Good luck to you and your future endeavors.
Edited by Kneanderthal on 1/18/2012 1:21 AM PST
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Paladin
I would consider this to be a customer service issue because it effects whether I continue to spend money with there company and I have for the past 5 years. As a customer, I have a right to know the companies stance on this. I refuse to support companies any further if they're going to support this legislation. So while it may be a political issue, its relevant to my customer experience!
Reply Quote
20 Dwarf Hunter
No one here can answer your question, the blues here only moderate this forum. This is a player assist player forum.

You are banging your head against your desk for no reason.

You are free to call them in the morning but no blue here can answer your question.
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Paladin
Come on, surely someone from Blizzard could post something! If you don't like reading my post, you free to click on someone elses post but I want an anwser from the company.
Reply Quote
20 Dwarf Hunter
Sigh, it is not a matter of liking or disliking. If you read the sticky you would see this is a player assist player forum with CM moderation. The Community Managers here are blues but all they do is provide information for In Game Problems.

Here I will even post the relevant part of the sticky.

The Customer Support forum cultivates a beneficial relationship between our support departments and player community by providing a friendly environment where players can exchange information, access self-help resources, discuss in-game issues, and receive meaningful guidance through personal and fun interactions with Blizzard representatives.

The representatives who staff this forum are dedicated to providing our players with the information and resources necessary to help ensure in-game experiences are as [EPIC] as possible. As part of this effort, visitors of this forum can expect to find a host of information pertaining to in-game and account issues, including (but not limited to):

Account Security and Compromise Recovery
Account and Character Services
Customer Service Interactions
Notable Customer Service Policy Changes

Players are encouraged to ask questions, share advice, provide feedback and participate in on-going discussions on the Customer Support forum. Accordingly, it is of utmost importance that all players treat each other with respect and courtesy. For more information, please review the Forum Code of Conduct http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct and the Forum Guidelines below.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
legal@blizzard.com would be a solid avenue for your enquiry.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
01/18/2012 01:30 AMPosted by Dexim
I want an anwser from the company.

You won't get it on a forum devoted to World of Warcraft, or any other game by Blizzard.

Any statement surrounding if they do or don't support it would come from their legal team.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
90 Draenei Mage
01/18/2012 01:19 AMPosted by Dexim
I am asking because some online peition is showing Activision as supporting SOPA. Since they're the parent company, I think its relevant for a clarification!

And ?

Both them and Blizzard are both owned by the parent company Activision - Blizzard.

Part of the terms of the merger was operational autonomy for Blizzard.

What Activision are doing for SOPA/PIPA has about as much relevance here as asking what Burger King's stance on SOPA/PIPA.

You'll want to look to the General forums which are read by the Community Managers several times per day , often between meetings. They might have a response to this , they might not.

Here to Help :)
Edited by Bluspacecow on 1/18/2012 2:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
Come on, surely someone from Blizzard could post something! If you don't like reading my post, you free to click on someone elses post but I want an anwser from the company.

The game forum is an inappropriate place for this. There is a corporate website with corporate contacts that would would be much more appropriate than an in-game help venue.
Reply Quote
- Customer Support
10 Blood Elf Priest
with CM moderation. The Community Managers here are blues but all they do is provide information for In Game Problems.
Knean, there are NO CMs on the CSF (unless they come to visit in Welcome threads, or rarely in the Lounge). This forum is moderated by SFAs (Support Forum Agents).

The reason why i make this distinction, is because the CMs are liaisons to the Devs, while the SFAs are not.
Reply Quote
61 Worgen Priest

Then go read activisions press releases on their official website. IF they have anything to say about the matter that is where it will be.

I would like a lot of questions answered but they are not obligated to do so. Like I stated above there are different avenues to research to find this info. I suggest searching around a bit. You could probably find it with just a little effort.
Edited by Tinkrbella on 1/18/2012 5:42 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman

You apparently don't understand how the corporate structure works. Activision merged with Vivendi Games (Vivendi is a French company btw), with Vivendi as the majority shareholder. They just decided to call it Activision Blizzard instead of keeping the Vivendi name. Basically nothing changed...you could consider it as Blizzard's parent company buying out Activision. Activision itself now is a separate company under the same parent. Blizzard is separate from them.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
01/18/2012 01:20 AMPosted by Kneanderthal

Please keep your political views out of the gaming forums. This forum is for in game customers service issues, you're asking about a political view from people that can only give their opinions here.

These issues have no place in these forums.

Good luck to you and your future endeavors.

If sopa passes, these forums will cease to exist and your dream of becoming an mvp will end with it.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
I asked Blizzard about this a few weeks ago and they do not support SOPA. They are against it just like us.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
90 Draenei Mage
01/18/2012 05:50 AMPosted by Lawbringer
If sopa passes, these forums will cease to exist and your dream of becoming an mvp will end with it.

Heh.

There's enough CSF MVPs as there is :P

Trying out for MVP or not doesn't make him any less correct - the SFAs that post here aren't the one to ask about this.

You want either Blizzard's legal team or the Community Managers to comment on this both of whom don't post or read this forum.

Here to Help :)
Reply Quote
25 Night Elf Druid
01/18/2012 05:50 AMPosted by Lawbringer
If sopa passes, these forums will cease to exist

I'm against SOPA in its current form.

But?

No, they won't. These forums are owned by Blizzard, the copyright holder.

Please do some research first, and don't just hop on a bandwagon just because you're told to.

Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
If sopa passes, these forums will cease to exist

I'm against SOPA in its current form.

But?

No, they won't. These forums are owned by Blizzard, the copyright holder.

Please do some research first, and don't just hop on a bandwagon just because you're told to.

That's not what SOPA cares about. If YOU post a plagiarized quote of a book you're reading on these forums and I report your post to a police authority. The police authority will be required to contact the ISP this website resides on and have access to the website revoked. That is sopa in a nut shell.

The only way a forum can exist post SOPA is if every post by us is pre-screened by blizzard to ensure no copyright violations have occurred. - Is it in your opinion that blizzard will do that?
Edited by Lawbringer on 1/18/2012 7:03 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]