Nerfs.

90 Pandaren Warrior
01/23/2012 10:48 PMPosted by Jackjagalos

Good grief, read the thread. This is far from the reason.

But it is more fun to just assume what the thread is talking about diving right in and making an off the wall post!

/sigh...

I just wish someone would come up with a base logical reason for why they're starting this so soon. That's really the biggest problem I have with this. If it was the end of Feb when they were kicking in, I'd be telling you guys to suck it up, but this is just way too soon.
100 Tauren Hunter
01/23/2012 10:22 PMPosted by Dorrell
The fact that this slowly removes the challenge level from the competitive content means nothing.

PvE, LFR, etc does not in any way infer competition with other players. IF anything, it evens it out. Blizz want players to experience the game they designed. You are confusign PvE content for PvP content.
90 Human Warrior
I just wish someone would come up with a base logical reason for why they're starting this so soon. That's really the biggest problem I have with this. If it was the end of Feb when they were kicking in, I'd be telling you guys to suck it up, but this is just way too soon.

My guess?

People finished LFR, realized that Normal mode requires more effort than pressing one button for everything and quit because they saw everything. I am highly suspicious of Blizzards claim that guilds are getting brickwalled and frustrated everywhere, especially in Normal mode.
29 Tauren Druid
01/23/2012 09:25 PMPosted by Aldiara
Now those of you who have time constraints and such have the option of the LFR which lets you see the content. Don't say "But I want the gear!" because if you aren't willing/able to put in the effort to get the gear then you don't deserve it. You pay $15 a month to play the game, you have the opportunity to get the loot if you are willing to push through the obstacles. I hate seeing people needing their hand held through stuff that is already easy.

So.... because I have to work tomorrow night, I need my hand held to get through the content and the best I'm capable of doing is LFR? Sorry, I officially apologize to the entire WoW community for not having an RL schedule that fits with almost every guild in the game.

Sometimes things hbappen that are beyond a single person's control. I know it's completely impossible to believe, but when you work a 3-11 shift, it's really really hard to be on WoW at 7 or 8.

Things like this are the reason taht I need more guilds clearing content, so there's more chance of a guild worth joining fitting my schedule, unless I want to settle for a group that's been wiping on the first boss for the last few weeks.

Stop grouping people with time constraints and people with a lack of skill together, we are two very different people. And when it comes to skill, I'll probably outplay you, easily.
Only a fool thinks that just because "time" is holding them back, that they can outplay someone they don't know. Everybody always says that. Good thing LFR is made for people like you. You can hop on whenever you want, clear the raid, see the content and be done. Raiding shouldn't revolve around people that just want to jump in when they want with zero commitment.
90 Orc Shaman
So.... because I have to work tomorrow night, I need my hand held to get through the content and the best I'm capable of doing is LFR? Sorry, I officially apologize to the entire WoW community for not having an RL schedule that fits with almost every guild in the game.

Sometimes things hbappen that are beyond a single person's control. I know it's completely impossible to believe, but when you work a 3-11 shift, it's really really hard to be on WoW at 7 or 8.

Things like this are the reason taht I need more guilds clearing content, so there's more chance of a guild worth joining fitting my schedule, unless I want to settle for a group that's been wiping on the first boss for the last few weeks.

Stop grouping people with time constraints and people with a lack of skill together, we are two very different people. And when it comes to skill, I'll probably outplay you, easily.

Here's a thought - maybe WoW isn't for you at the current time? Or at least WoW raiding?

I'm not trying to be rude, just realistic. If your schedule is very erratic or atypical, then MMO raiding probably just isn't something you should be aiming to do.

I suggest Skyrim.
29 Tauren Druid
01/23/2012 09:25 PMPosted by Aldiara
Now those of you who have time constraints and such have the option of the LFR which lets you see the content. Don't say "But I want the gear!" because if you aren't willing/able to put in the effort to get the gear then you don't deserve it. You pay $15 a month to play the game, you have the opportunity to get the loot if you are willing to push through the obstacles. I hate seeing people needing their hand held through stuff that is already easy.

Only a fool thinks that just because "time" is holding them back, that they can outplay someone they don't know. Everybody always says that. Good thing LFR is made for people like you. You can hop on whenever you want, clear the raid, see the content and be done. Raiding shouldn't revolve around people that just want to jump in when they want with zero commitment.

This isn't a thread about nerfing content, it's about elitists wanting to feel better than everyone else. They don't care if they can opt out of the nerf, they are crying (take note of that word) because they can't feed of the tears of those who complain it's too hard.

Let me hand the OP a tissue...
I think you're a little overly sensitive.
90 Human Warrior
01/23/2012 11:11 PMPosted by Jackjagalos
About the same as you suggested, but that is my view of it. Because I believe as time goes on, the numbers of raiders trying to do normal or heroic, might be less and less instead of going at an incline due to the ability of having LFR.

I tried to ask Bashiok that question. Are the numbers they're looking at the numbers of raiders that have at least one normal boss down, or something like players who just finished LFR? I'm betting there's a higher percentage of players who were able to move from Regular Morchok to Regular Yor'sajh than were able to move from LFR Madness to Regular Morchok.

That doesn't mean that Morchok is too hard, it just means that players don't want to do all the hoop jumping of a higher difficulty for the absolute most trivial of rewards.
Edited by Turagent on 1/23/2012 11:23 PM PST
100 Tauren Hunter
01/23/2012 11:16 PMPosted by Hronah
I think you're a little overly sensitive.

I disagree. I thought I was being a little overly demeaning.
90 Human Warrior
01/23/2012 11:42 PMPosted by Jackjagalos
If we agreed to everything they said, our personal names and info would be on display on these forums right now.

And we'd still have Hard Heroics.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]