Nerfs.

11 Undead Warlock
01/18/2012 06:58 PMPosted by Arianenna
Believe it or not there are actually guilds and raiding groups that are attempting to progress through Normal and Heroic raids, but are hitting a wall, and have been hitting a wall.

And that is a part of raiding.

Holy jeezuz. Do people not remember working on bosses for more than one reset at a time?

In all fairness, all that do remember that, such as myself, have something in common, a Long Lengthy wow raiding career, guess what?!

Raiding is easy when you have done it for 6+ years.

Just as Top arena players will continue to stay at top due to experience, and think all who dont Top pvp, suck and are undeserving of anything.

Top raiders with tons of exp will have the same thing.

One factor overlooked, not everyone has played for as long as you.

The Top players got their's, now its gonna be a slow moving "hand" guiding, barely assisting helping the others get their's.

This is no more a "nerf" than the massive spread of Strategies, and Player guides.
18 Undead Warlock
This game is a lost cause. The mindless zombie army of casuals have taken over.
90 Human Warrior
You're a Cataclysm baby, where the content is evidently spoonfed to you, because just like you. And the other people in this thread that are saying the buff 'Isn't a big deal', you like content being spoonfed to you

Oh look, you resort to name calling. The content isn't spoonfed to us. Not everyone is out to increase our ego, certainly not me. Let's also note Difficulty is different for each person that plays this game. What is difficult for one is easy for another.

Try not resorting to insults next time.

This game is a lost cause. The mindless zombie army of casuals have taken over.

Then by all means leave, again nice job implying casual players are *bad*.
Edited by Aeldain on 1/18/2012 7:04 PM PST
90 Night Elf Hunter
01/18/2012 07:00 PMPosted by Smackyouout
You're a Cataclysm baby, where the content is evidently spoonfed to you, because just like you. And the other people in this thread that are saying the buff 'Isn't a big deal', you like content being spoonfed to you.

Actually, I played since classic (And I care nothing for my status), and you are an insulting player who is very ignorant. I gave you the reason why you should do it (And any other raid since classic), but you choose to ignore it. Why? I don't know.
85 Night Elf Mage
01/18/2012 06:40 PMPosted by Sylphic
So long as you can disable the buff, who cares?

If you're competing for realm firsts on heroic modes, you'll be forced to keep said buff on, to keep up with other guilds who will NOT be turning this buff off.

Personally, I think it's too soon, as MoP isn't in alpha or beta yet. It's barely been out 8 weeks and nerfs already? LFR is plenty easy and is there so that people who 'just want to see content' can see that content. All you really need for LFR is warm bodies.

LFR was designed so that people who didn't have the time or skill for regular raiding could see the content. That was the entire reason for it.

As it is, on my server, normal Dragon Soul, 6/8+ is routinely pugged from trade -- it was easy enough.
Community Manager
01/18/2012 07:00 PMPosted by Zarynia
Believe it or not there are actually guilds and raiding groups that are attempting to progress through Normal and Heroic raids, but are hitting a wall, and have been hitting a wall.

Call the news! People are having the same thing that happened to every raiding guild before them. You burn through the wall by getting better.

All it takes is a moment to step back, assess the entire landscape of humanity, and realize that not everyone is like you, nor should they have to be.
85 Blood Elf Mage
I see all the "hardcores" that "want the challenge" are steering clear of the special snowflake posts.

Here's a question: how is it you all came to the conclusion that this video game is the best place to stake your claim at what an awesome human being you are? Why not go earn ten million dollars or something and feel better about yourself that way?
85 Orc Warrior
Who here is 8/8 Heroic? Please shut up if you aren't. Turn the buff off if you really "want the challenge"

The nerf is optional, while at the same time I have to agree that this 'nerf' is too soon in to content that is pretty well being seen as lasting us nearly a year while we wait for MoP and per-expansion patches.

If anything the nerf is right on time. If it goes up to 30%, and with constant evidence, more and more proving that the xpac will be within the next 5-7 months..I don't see them dragging this out for a year.

I see this kind of response a lot by terrible players. "If you want a challenge so bad turn it off eawehhh." I don't raid because its challenging, nobody does. I raid because I want gear. You think people would raid content that didn't drop loot just because its supposed to be challenging? I want the best gear, I want people to notice my gear in SW or Org, everyone does. That's the main incentive for raiding.

But if the content is easy, and just gets easier and easier the value of the items you raid for diminishes. Gear that you once obtained by actually being a competent player is handed out to people that haven't taken the time to research, practice, learn to play their class. Yes, I want to be a special snowflake. I deserve to be a special snowflake because i'm good. What is so evil about that?
85 Human Rogue
01/18/2012 07:04 PMPosted by Bashiok
All it takes is a moment to step back, assess the entire landscape of humanity, and realize that not everyone is like you, nor should they have to be.

If they don't have to be like us, why do they have to have nerfs to get to our position in HM Raiding?
11 Undead Warlock
01/18/2012 07:02 PMPosted by Rastok

Isn't uneccesary incentive the thing people are dogging about this, the buff, giving uneccessary incentive, to Undeserving players, for no reason!!

Oh wait, I want to click off a button.

Make it slightly *very very marginally* more diffucult....

I WANT A REWARD.

Really, this buff, is about the difference of a ~7% wipe and a kill.

Thats what people are complaining in droves about.

what I think is that people are complaining about is the fact that the guilds out there that need the buff don't deserve to get the same credit as those that don't. What my point was is that who cares about the other guilds. worry about your own

I quoted the wrong person... my apologies, good sir. /agree
90 Human Warrior
I quite laughed.

They DID NO RUIN IT. They're giving you a choice to make you be better. Money isn't ruling it. They still care about quality.... see now you're being ridiculous.

To make you better.

I'm sorry. Can you repeat that again? A buff doesn't make one better. It's still makes them bad at their character. The people that are evidently complaining about the difficulty of the content obviously makes them defaultly bad. Hell, you're probably the one that's doing sub-par DPS and thanking Blizzard for the buff so you can kill Normal Morchok for the first time, jumping ship from the LFR.

Again, you're going to personal attacks calling people Cata babies and now insulting how much DPS I do. Really why don't you just grow up already.
90 Blood Elf Priest

Call the news! People are having the same thing that happened to every raiding guild before them. You burn through the wall by getting better.

Right back at ya, Bash.

You know by now what the heroic raiders want. It wouldn't take much to atleast add the fluff like variable %, or an achieve. To atleast show a little token of respect.

They don't have to like what i like. But i don't want to have to lose what i like, so they can have thiers. I really don't care what other players have. They could have everything, as long as i have the content i enjoy. And i won't, the ICC buff showed people are reluctant to turn it off, even if it looks good on paper.
Edited by Arianity on 1/18/2012 7:09 PM PST
85 Gnome Mage

So we should just give them free progression/gear because they're not like me?
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/18/2012 07:00 PMPosted by Zarynia

AMEN!
100 Night Elf Druid
01/18/2012 07:05 PMPosted by Tekton
If they don't have to be like us, why do they have to have nerfs to get to our position in HM Raiding?
Why are you still in the same position? Those other people will be working on heroic version nerfed by 5%. Meanwhile, you'll be clearing the true heroic mode. Why haven't you been promoted yet?
85 Human Warrior
Holy angry nerds Batman!

This is the correct response. The trolls will tire themselves out eventually.
100 Troll Priest
The ability to "choose" to turn off a buff, but not giving incentive to do so, is the same as not giving the option to begin with. Haven't you learned this from ICC? It's not the first time you've taken this route in terms of nerfs.

The incentive is personal gratification that you can do harder content when it's current, and removing the buff allows you to do that.

Isn't that enough?

Does true communism work?

I feel as if most people haven't expressed that as their opinion, you are the first in this thread to actually bring that up as the source. Everyone else seems to just be QQing about the nerf with the wanting to be a special little snowflake, or wanting the "challenge". Choosing not to use the buff gives you the challenge that other people can't succeed in, so do it without the buff and show your big e-peen to everyone.

Why do heroics give a higher item level or stuff that looks different or rewards you don't get on normal like mounts? To show that you've done them.

How do you tell someone who's cleared all of DS heroic with the 30% buff eventually compared to someone without the buff? You can't.

I think inherently this style of nerf is the smartest way of doing things, it just seems silly to me to have a toggle just to say "you can use it if you want to" as if that would quiet complaints about them nerfing anything.

I could turn off the buff. I could also raid without pants on my character. Both accomplish the same thing: Making the fights more hard without any real benefit to doing so. Thus I'll have no choice than to raid with pants, and with the nerf in place. A "choice" like this isn't really a choice at all. /shrug
Edited by Meia on 1/18/2012 7:07 PM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]