Standing together against SOPA and PIPA

90 Worgen Warrior
Due to the fact that the government is passing these two bills, though its intention is to route out piracy, but yet it is so complex, I will literally effect the following sites;

Facebook
Google
Yahoo
Youtube
Myspace

and so on.

which the ESA supports Sopa and PIPA, those very same people that run E3. This act is much likely to violate the first amendment, as well as our use of the internet.

If you are with me regarding this issue of these two bills, Please reply to this thread.
Not only that, Blizzard Entertaintment we ask your company to support this dire situation of ours.
Edited by Lepidus on 2/24/2012 8:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
They passed it already?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Not yet, its going through debate and votes
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Yeah, I don't like SOPA/PIPA either. My Wikipedia is gone for the day b/c i don't want to bother with NoScript :/

Also, your name reminds me of Lepidus from the "Tragedy of Julius Caesar" which we recently read in English. Your name does not suit your actions to say the least
Reply Quote
84 Night Elf Rogue
lovley more government intervention... fml
Reply Quote
01/18/2012 07:16 PMPosted by Lepidus
Not yet, its going through debate and votes

Ahh alright, I thought so.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
I get that name reference a lot i chose it cuz it sounded like a good worgen name. Yet, my character name suiting it is not the point of what will happen if Sopa and PIPA are approved.

Heck both you and I hate those bills that still counts on the situation.
Edited by Lepidus on 1/18/2012 7:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
U want to strand against soup? No i like my ramen noodle soup!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
01/18/2012 07:38 PMPosted by Kamatayàn
OP get your facts right before wasteing forum space the government has not even remotely hinted they are going to pass these bills so quit with all the hyperbole BS.

Politicians, and the special interest groups that fund said politician,s saying they support the bills doesn't count?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
Due to the fact that the government is passing these two bills, though its intention is to route out piracy, but yet it is so complex, I will literally effect the following sites;

Facebook
Google
Yahoo
Youtube
Myspace

and so on.

which the ESA supports these two Sopa and PIPA, those very same people that run E3. This act is much likely to violate the first amendment, as well as our use of the internet.

If you are with me regarding this issue of these two bills, Please reply to this thread.
Not only that, Blizzard Entertaintment we ask your company to support this dire situation of ours.

they havent passed, they havent even voted. Dont you lamebrains think that maybe EVERYONE has already heard all this? its on the forum here every 5 minutes. You think you the only person with sense? POLITICS are against forum rules too. WE ALREADY HEARD IT!! MANY FN TIMES!!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
OP get your facts right before wasteing forum space the government has not even remotely hinted they are going to pass these bills so quit with all the hyperbole BS.

Yeah! Because as soon as a bill is made and sent into the house you already know whether or not it's going to pass! OP needs to get with it!

SARCASM

Had to say that, for the weaker minded gents in the room.
Reply Quote

it's all over YouTube, Google and Wikipedia even have their sites blacked out. Maybe you should get your facts right before you tell the OP he's wrong. Congress even said the bill will be judged on getting passed on the 24th you idiot....
Reply Quote
want to stream an arena video? nope, you cant
want to make a funny machinima? LOL SORRY UMAD?
want to show people how to do heroic raids? not gunna happen
Do you watch Swifty, Hobbs, Wowcrendor or other people's videos? not anymore you dont

its funny how the people who want this to happen dont use the internet or even know how it works..

go to: https://www.google.com/landing/takeaction/
Vote NO!
recieve bacon.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Well considering that Bherethor, Bownd is with me on this
yet i think reference is in order, here a link to start you all off;
https://www.google.com/landing/takeaction/

yet i believe Bownd has link this already, but anywho go to the link Bownd gave you.
Edited by Lepidus on 1/18/2012 8:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock

41 senators are actively supporting it while only three openly oppose it. So... that seems like more of a pass then a fail to me, Check your own facts -.-
Edited by Humungo on 1/18/2012 10:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
You think all those Billion $ companies will let this pass?

no

Its the billion dollar companies that are pushing it down the throat of congress. Only now when companies feel they can benifit from acting like they are for us do they turn on SOPA. There are few companies that were there from the start.

01/18/2012 08:13 PMPosted by Paulywally
The way its written, it will NEVER be passed. Especially for how many people are against it.

This is true. It is already being amended and delayed. It will never pass in its current form; yet, censorship in any form is a problem.

We have been making a difference. The amount of reaction from the general population is nearly unprecedented. Speak up to save what you have now, you may not be able to later.

Contact your Rep:
https://writerep.house.gov/writerep/welcome.shtml
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
SOPA is part of a conspiracy for the New World Order!

It's scheme by crypto-fascists (individuals or groups who support the Government but keep it hidden to avoid political persecution or political suicide - rich & powerful people in the world & evil corporations). These people play the Government like puppets.

They seek to use "online piracy" as a pretext to destroy the democracy of the internet. Crypto-fascists who seek to establish a New World Order (NWO) want to establish totalitarian control over the internet.

We the people know too much and they want to censor us by policing our Internet! If their plan falls to place, we will be helpless in our attempts to form a rebellion/revolutions against these power hungry scumbags! SOPA is only the beginning.

FIGHT DA POWER!
Edited by Hide on 1/19/2012 12:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
SOPA is part of a conspiracy for the New World Order! It's scheme by crypto-fascists (individuals or groups who support the Government but keep it hidden to avoid political persecution or political suicide - rich & powerful people in the world & evil corporations). These people play the Government like puppets. They seek to use "online piracy" as a pretext to destroy the democracy of the internet. Crypto-fascists who seek to establish a New World Order (NWO) want to establish totalitarian control over the internet. We the people know too much and they want to censor us by policing our Internet! If their plan falls to place, we will be helpless in our attempts to form a rebellion/revolutions against these power hungry scumbags! SOPA is only the beginning.FIGHT DA POWER!

While I dont share your notion of conspiracy, I do see a link in many countries between censorship and reduced freedoms and even dictatorship. I dont think thats what is happening here however, I do think a system is most effective when things are working together and not limited.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]