What WoW is like nowadays

Community Manager
You bring up a couple legitimate concerns we share and are prepared to tackle in the next expansion. We look forward to sharing our thoughts sooner rather than later, but later than right now in this thread. :D

01/18/2012 05:03 PMPosted by Blueberryjam
Bring it all down, no one ventures outside of the cities once your 85. The game is all about ques and thats about it...hopefully they will maybe change it up a big ton in the next expansion but I'm not really having any high hopes about how PVP has gone the drain with World PVP being vanished. Fighting in BG's all day = repetative and lame
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
01/18/2012 06:42 PMPosted by Zarhym
You bring up a couple legitimate concerns we share and are prepared to tackle in the next expansion.

Can we at least get something for this expansion though? (We are presumably going to be in Cataclysm until around November/December right?) Something like VP / Transmo vendors in all cities? Ports to other cities back in Dal or perhaps in Org / SW? Just something to help a little bit until MoP comes out please!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
01/18/2012 05:03 PMPosted by Blueberryjam
no one ventures outside of the cities once your 85.

Lies! Everyday I have to remind Kael'thas who the true ruler of the Blood Elves is!
Reply Quote
Any moves to increase WPvP would have to go hand in hand with server balancing. Otherwise it will be a huge joke and make the majority of PvP servers essentially single faction only. Which will lead to complaints about lack of WPvP. Catch 22......
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
please no, I hated waiting around for an hour and a half just to do one heroic back in the old days. now i can get my starter gear no prob, and then get to the meat of the game, raids and bgs.

I look forward to great changes in MoP, but if the LFD, PvPQues(arena, bgs, rbgs) are nerfed well, that would definately be a WoW killer for me. other games wouldn't have to try.

unfortunately, it seems WoW can be its own worst enemy sometimes.

I like the Ques not because they are isolated, but because they allow me to spend drasticly more time PLAYING THE GAME instead of WAITING TO PLAY THE GAME.

and during Que waits I can spend that time productively by doing dailies or crafting something instead of sitting on my hands. that's the beauty of the Que.
Reply Quote
84 Night Elf Rogue
[quote="39324905729"]Bring it all down, no one ventures outside of the cities once your 85. The game is all about ques and thats about it...hopefully they will maybe change it up a big ton in the next expansion but I'm not really having any high hopes about how PVP has gone the drain with World PVP being vanished. Fighting in BG's all day = repetative and lame[/quoteyou

No no just flying in azeroth was introduced so now it takes no time at all to do anything. So there are no more ventures outside cities...or just not as long.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
You bring up a couple legitimate concerns we share and are prepared to tackle in the next expansion. We look forward to sharing our thoughts sooner rather than later, but later than right now in this thread. :D

Bring it all down, no one ventures outside of the cities once your 85. The game is all about ques and thats about it...hopefully they will maybe change it up a big ton in the next expansion but I'm not really having any high hopes about how PVP has gone the drain with World PVP being vanished. Fighting in BG's all day = repetative and lame

PVP is all well and good... but i seriously hope that whatever plan you have to entice pvp among the population includes a very easy OPT OUT... the whole NOT FLYING in MOP until 90 is fine, but forced PVP would be a deal breaker for me.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Am I the only player who uses queues to get into instances without having to stay in a city and spam trade or looking for group?

I can do dailies while in a queue. I can do regular quests. I can farm herbs, ore, archaeology, and whatever else I feel like farming. This is especially true on my dps alts (I don't tank. No one wants that.) who have a longer queue than my healers.
Reply Quote
Typical, can't fight the argument so he attacks the poster. Classy. And posting on alt as well.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
01/18/2012 05:04 PMPosted by Landyn
It is up to you and the community to fix World PVP, not Blizzard.

Im inclined to disagree with that. THe community plays a role yes, but I think more can be done to set the table for world pvp. gear seems to be the single biggest driving force in the game, why not incorporate gear rewards into random world pvp. if anything is - thats pretty much a lock to get people doing it. loot.

the 'pvp zone' has been done. the 'zone objectives' has been done. lets see another way to (perhaps a bit more subtley) set up world pvp. whatever it was that made Tarren Mill/SS brawls happen.. that was some of the most fun Ive ever had in this game.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
You want them to do good changes for pvp? Bring them cash in front of their doors along with a rich person next to you.
Reply Quote
01/18/2012 07:37 PMPosted by Blueberryjam
This is actually my main, thank you kind sir.

And yet I can see an 85 warlock and several other 60+ classes :P
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Hmm... since 4.0 I've:

• Dug up Archeology items all over the world
  • Stalked rares all over Northrend and Outland
  • Done a lot of fishing in Ironforge
  • Done every quest in Azeroth (Super Loremaster)
  • Farmed reputations with Goblin factions, Brood of Nozdormu, Hydraxian Waterlords, Thorium Brotherhood, The Scale of the Sands
  • Downed every BC and Classic raid and killed the Lich King (didn't raid since Kara)
  • Farmed DMF relics from old world bosses (until they changed them, tear)
  • Farmed over 150 pets and 125 mounts

I've been busy out in the world. What have you been doing?

Or maybe a better question is: what exactly do you want?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
01/18/2012 06:42 PMPosted by Zarhym

What if everyone in this thread made the entire dev and CM team pancakes?

Would you give us some information then? :D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]