Question to the Higher ups (new models)

85 Tauren Paladin
New monsters are much more important than they way your character looks. Look at DS, it must have too them months to come up with all those boss models.
Reply Quote
I know I'd like to see better human models myself.. including, perhaps, a not-so bulky male model. Maybe a bit slimmer one, that is almost got a... what's the word... bishonen feel to it. <.<

If it means not having RE5 Chris Redfield shoulders and caterpillar eyebrows anymore, I'll take it.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
01/21/2012 07:15 PMPosted by Taxem
New monsters are much more important than they way your character looks. Look at DS, it must have too them months to come up with all those boss models.

/snicker

Hey, you know when would have been a good time to do a character model overhaul? For this expansion, where you're fighting random humans, dwarves, and orcs in purple robes half the time.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
There is only one reason we do not have better models. For whatever reason Blizzard listens to the smacktards crying over "classic" models, the small, or shockingly large and waaay to vocal group is attached to something stupid and while people wont quit over the current models they will over new ones. We just do not have the same money threatening rage
Reply Quote
69 Human Death Knight
You guys are acting like Blizzard hasn't already said they've decided it's NOW time to finally start working on new updated classic models, it's no longer an issue of if, only an issue of when.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/204018-zarhym-art-director-chris-robinson-reupdated-models/

Unless you're just pretentious and "obviously" hip that Blizzard lied about these quotes. People not wanting to see their old models changed is not something Blizzard is going to let stop them, it's just something they want to make sure is done with a lot of aesthetic sensibilities preserved about the original models, which yes, takes a long time.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/203928-update-character-models-who-would-be-sad/

And only so many artists have the aesthetic sensibility Blizzard is looking for, you can't just bring in anyone that is talented at sculpting or drawing, there is a very specific style to be preserved here, and only a small percentage of the industries' best artists happen to value that aesthetic. You can't just train someone in it exactly.

I am really frustrated after 7 years waiting for the older stuff to look as great as the newer stuff, I spend most of my time watching my character doing stuff and when I love the way I look it makes this game into another world for me. It took me over two years to start getting burned out on the gorgeous impressive visuals in this game, and I want to have that refreshed with the characters I loved and have nostalgia for. Seeing a dwarf or elf or orc with the high resolution textures, smooth gradients, and whimsical emotion of the WOTLK era and beyond would be a real dream come true for me.

I am frustrated that Blizzard isn't knee deep in this project, but I'm not going to pretend Blizzard is lying to us about it.

Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Whaaaat. @ A@;
I like how my blood elf looks! I don't want to have her changed! T _T
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Options like EQ & EQ2 has to use old or new models would kinda deflate the whole shock value for those who like models the way they are. Humans need an upgrade and Night elf males for sure lol. A Thrall style orc would be epic in my opinion I can't stand the hunched look but other then that Orcs are pretty tough looking.

:EDIT They don't even have to do all the races at the same time they could do one or two races at a time over a length of time.
Edited by Priad on 1/22/2012 7:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I believe the Chuck Norris commercial may have been a sneaky preview of the new human male model.

Also at Blizzcon, when showing off new gear, they use what seems to be a different human male model.
http://i56.tinypic.com/2iivbpg.png

Also we have updated Night elves in game. The new female night elf models in Well of Eternity.

Illidan may be what the new possible male night elf model may be. Or perhaps it may be similar to Nozdormu (how ever you spell the Bronze Dragon Flight Aspect's name) even though he is considered High Elf in his humanoid form.

And then the new female Blood Elves may end up being the model that Sylvannas, Ysera, Alexstraza uses.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
A well played resto druid makes me want to be a druid. Since they have a CC that is only removed by trinket and can lock you down for almost 20 secs.. They have amazing mobility if used properly.. they have a stun and bear form in tight melee cleaves, and they just make dot cleaves want to re-roll. There not the BEST anymore.. there far superior to the rest HOWEVER.. they are still viable if played correctly.
Reply Quote
47 Draenei Shaman
They dont want to waste thousands of dollars of the Billions they made off us
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
not sure if this is the right forum to be on i jsut saw general discussion, but im having a problem with guild calendar invites. i run rbg's in my guild and im having trouble with the fact that there is a cap for how many people you can invite to events, i am not able to invite everyone to events. more of a complaint then a question
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
01/22/2012 10:02 AMPosted by Aeriea
A well played resto druid makes me want to be a druid. Since they have a CC that is only removed by trinket and can lock you down for almost 20 secs.. They have amazing mobility if used properly.. they have a stun and bear form in tight melee cleaves, and they just make dot cleaves want to re-roll. There not the BEST anymore.. there far superior to the rest HOWEVER.. they are still viable if played correctly

Off topic much?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
Whaaaat. @ A@;
I like how my blood elf looks! I don't want to have her changed! T _T
id wager most are concerned about classic models (blood elves came in the burning crusade) and an option to not use the new ones would be pretty neat as well
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Honestly, I like the character model the way they are now. I have played several games that were more "realistic", but the simple truth is that is not my cup of tea. I would personally hate to see a huge change to the way my characters look. More emotes or motions, or additional options such as the ability to add a tattoo would be fine, but for me I could care less about changing my character's looks.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I frankly am happy for many of the zones, except outlands is a place I never like to have to go to. But my goodness, looking at transmog sets, there are like 1154 or something, SETS u can change to! So do we need new gear designs? Yet oddly most of them look slightly different from the one before it.

But what bothers me most of all is you add new characters and we get a worgen that sniffs all the time and looks awful no matter what you put on her...and... pandas?? What...are elementary aged children being catered to? Rift character creation has the right idea, although on my screen its all very washed out however unique. So I'd be all for tweaking the characters as well... who cares about pigtails not I...but I DO think humans have the worst hairstyles I've ever seen.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
My teeth, they are on the OUTSIDE of my face.

THE OUTSIDE.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]