DK's unite: Don't finish Warchief's Blessing!

85 Undead Death Knight
Just curious if anyone else out there has done this/is doing this? Basically it has some drawbacks but makes for some pretty funny and interesting mechanics if you are unholy and sick your ghoul on guards. I've yet to try that myself, but heres a rundown of what you'll be missing/not missing by going this route:

You can PVP, Dungeon Group and do everything normally. When in Org (and I hear a large portion of durotar), you are silenced and pacified. You cannot buff or do anything with abilities/spells. The only thing you can really do is use mailboxes and mount up. You can still use Void Storage, Transmog, and Reforging vendors. Obviously zepplins still work fine. There is no phasing here, you are in current-time Org with player characters around. NPC's will be throwing fruit, spitting on you and all that nice stuff they do to DK's so this could potentially get annoying. You can't speak to any vendors, bankers, or auction house people in Org. Everywhere else works fine (UC, Silvermoon, etc).

You will have to train flying/riding in Dalaran or in the case of Riding, Brill. You can train your DK just fine, however getting to the runeforge will be a battle every time. This becomes a non issue around 68-69, though. There are 4 guards which you can kite each mob into one at a time until it becomes easy to plow through the enemies. You cannot get the DK flying mount until you turn the quest in.

I've started this character and I fully plan on getting her to 85 so I will report any other interesting things when not completing the quest line. I have yet to try sicking my ghoul upon the population of Org since I'd prefer to be 85 and have a good handle on the playstyle first before putting on a show like that.

What I'd like to do is get a big enough group of us together and sack Org with our Ghouls.

Edit: Another big one I missed out on. Since you can't speak to vendors, you are out of luck if you want to buy justice or valor gear. Honor gear can still be bought from Dalaran sewer gobbos.
Edited by Keley on 1/21/2012 7:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
58 Worgen Death Knight
Interrupting RPers with fruit and spit spam is something I've had a bit of fun doing. I get a lot of "guards" trying to drag me in front of the king.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
I, Day the DK.. Would love to see a video of this, as it does sound amusing!
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
AFAIK, you're rep with the horde before the quest is turned in is at "Unfriendly"...I wonder how the NPC's in the ICC dungeons would interact with you, if they do anything at all.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
I'll report on that once I can enter the ICC instance, but my guess is their rep isn't affected by this. There really hasn't been any change with anything besides Org thus far. Warsong Hold rep is just fine, guards there don't spit on me, etc. But yes, you are flagged as unfriendly with Org until completing it.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Mage
01/21/2012 01:20 PMPosted by Yifflord
Interrupting RPers with fruit and spit spam is something I've had a bit of fun doing. I get a lot of "guards" trying to drag me in front of the king.

hee hee hee.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
So I hit 80 and attempted to attack Org. Its been patched unfortunately. NPC's aren't hostile to you until you enter Org itself, and your ghoul disappears as soon as you enter there. I tried to attack them from Azshara just before it becomes Org but it didnt work.

You can do Vashir and Hyjal just fine, but you need to visit the board in another city (UC in my case) in order to get the Hyjal quest.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
So one other issue. To enter the Twilight Highlands you need to inspect the Demolishers, I can't do that because "inspecting" is considered a hostile action. So no Twilight Highlands if you go with this method. It was an interesting experiment, but I'll be turning in the quest now.
Reply Quote
70 Human Rogue
i am currently trying the same thing but in an dungeons i notice i gain around 60 rep with "alliance" for kills i wonder if it will eventually equal out the 6k you get for the quest and if so it would probably be possible to level around it through bg's and such. the glitch still is currently working you have to summon inside stocks (ali) not ebon hold.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]