Dear Blizz:

You've just admitted that you're a lurker... somewhat.

>.>
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
01/24/2012 10:00 AMPosted by Nethaera

Your plan to cover up your schemes, we see right through it.

/giltter

I knew Neth was secretly Vermin Supreme.

ADMIT IT!
Reply Quote
01/24/2012 11:28 AMPosted by Lucrea
For example, why are there so many freezes effects in the mage talents? There is an entire tier of just freeze effects.
yeaaaah.... x-x I see a number of stuns/roots throughout the talent trees(both mage and other) and cant help but .... see them rather pointless in pve, but nice in pvp

Asphixiate(spelling?) DK stuns a target and deals damage(aka... darth vader force choke... ) great idea! would be nice to allow a nice aggro-grabber, taunt like ability with a stun(taunt being the threat generated by the move, +stun) but... looking through most dungeons, and especially in raids.... just about everything is stun immune(especially the raid scenario)

so ... Cool move, made worthless in pve = weakest of that tier for raiding.

/shrug *back to OP* otherwise, WOOT glad to see our posts do get read, even if no comments are made by blues

and the idea i read for in game mail, or something on the account saying 'we saw the idea, and think it sounded nice/good/great/etc. ' would be awesome!
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Priest
..."To keep us quiet..."

Unintentionally hilarious.
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Priest
01/24/2012 10:58 AMPosted by Lucrea
I understand why you take the approach that you do, but in my opinion, there is too little activity from the CM. In some cases, I will see multiple, massive threads on a topic with lots of great stuff going on and not a peep from the CM. Other threads, which barely get any attention from the community or are just completely inane topics get feedback from the CM. It really confuses me.

The forums are for us to talk about the game or whatever the forum generally is about. Blizzard has a lot of ways to dispense whatever it is they want us to know. Frankly, if I were empowered to post in blue I would hold back as well given the reaction that blue posts usually cause. I think Blizzard learned well from GC's stint as Blizzard-Poster-In-Chief.

It never ends well. Less is more.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

So minding that, Neth-blue-lady, if you guys see some awesome suggestion or idea do you generally keep quiet about it on the forums and just relay it back to your cohorts?

Generally, yes. If we see some really good feedback or ideas, we will often take it with us when we meet with the developers (which is generally a weekly face to face meeting.) We don't want to give the wrong impression that feedback given equals a guaranteed change based on that feedback.

Do Blues ever post on regular accounts (aka normal player accounts)? Perhaps to be part of the community in their off hours, or even to get a feel for what the community thinks of an idea that the devs came up with? If blues do post on non blue accounts in their off hours... how active are you?

As for a blue post detracting from a conversation about an idea? I think Blues are a bit more cautious about that then they should be. No I don't think Blues should be weighing in saying whether they like or hate an idea, but perhaps giving status updates on suggestions that are always popping up letting posters know that the devs know about them and what they plan to do.

For example if a thread about updating the character models comes up you might want to stick your head in there and mention that the Devs want to update the character models, are trying to find time to do it, and want to do it in a way so people don't have their current features altered and people loose their look. (or whatever the status and goal is) I am sure there are a lot of other things like that where the players are requesting something, the devs want to do it but they have to wait on something else to happen first. Keeping the community in the loop about some of that stuff might help because then it stops being "why aren't the devs taking care of this problem, they don't care" rather it becomes a "they are working on it, they care... it is just going to take a while"
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
random!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
they read and respond touting the company line.

so i'm not so sure the response is needed?

If it is just the response we expect "working as intended".
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
01/24/2012 09:48 AMPosted by Nethaera
Does blizzard actually ever read these post or are they just put here and people just argue back and forth about topics that Blizzard has no intention of reading. I think this thing is an elaborate scheme to distract us. To keep us quiet and to leave the GM's alone thats why they always refer to the forums page.

We read them. We also allow conversations to take place without our influence when it seems that it's the better course of action. Sometimes our intervention can actually skew a conversation off track if we're not careful. Then again, sometimes skewing a conversation is something we need to do too, to get people "on track" or even away from non-constructive discussion.

So it seems the best way to get a blue response would be to go off-topic.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
It is nice to know when you bring an idea out that someone notices it. Why cant a CM say. Interesting I'll mention this during our weekly dev meeting.

That's a really terrible idea. (soz blunt) Cue: a slew of ppl poncing about crying 'Mention my idea!' Or, Cue: 'Flappywonk (random player name) sucks up to Blues!' Or, Cue: 'Blues favour Horde/Ally/Alien suggestions!'.

I have a vague memory of back when there was the Suggestion Forum (I really miss that!) of a Blue intimating (I am interpreting from what they said) that part of the hands-off reason was to avoid any legal/IP hassles that may arise from acknowledging suggestions. The way it is now, if you make a suggestion that is actually something the Devs hadn't thought of (unlikely), you've made it in these forums where whatever material is posted is theirs to use as they please - they masticate it, evolve it and make it theirs. There is no hassle of attribution or the suggester coming back and saying they want a cut for the idea.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
01/24/2012 08:39 AMPosted by Stoptouching
Does blizzard actually ever read these post or are they just put here and people just argue back and forth about topics that Blizzard has no intention of reading. I think this thing is an elaborate scheme to distract us. To keep us quiet and to leave the GM's alone thats why they always refer to the forums page.
This is exactly true. They don't really read these at all. They do however have a computer that looks for key words and flags the post for a general "blue post." I know they don't actually read these because of a blue post I saw in a thread about pet battles. The blue post said they put content in that people say they want. Never have I seen a post about people wanting pet battles. I have however seen thousands of post about pvp balance, certain mounts people want to see, true customization of characters, about a billion posts on how pandas are a very dumb idea. All of these are not in the game (except the pandas soon) and probably never will be.
Reply Quote
87 Worgen Druid
01/24/2012 10:00 AMPosted by Nethaera

Your plan to cover up your schemes, we see right through it.

/giltter

So minding that, Neth-blue-lady, if you guys see some awesome suggestion or idea do you generally keep quiet about it on the forums and just relay it back to your cohorts?

Generally, yes. If we see some really good feedback or ideas, we will often take it with us when we meet with the developers (which is generally a weekly face to face meeting.) We don't want to give the wrong impression that feedback given equals a guaranteed change based on that feedback.

I remember back at the start of wrath when the cooking hat was for vanity only, I posted a suggestion on the forum that it should give "cooking haste". The topic received only a few replies. A couple of months later, there it was in the patch notes.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]