86 Night Elf Priest
You know.. These kinds of topics make me wonder..

I've heard of MANY forums where Mods will make another account to "see it from the inside", so to speak. Hide among the people without getting swamped. Whenever I see these threads, I can't help but wonder if one of us is someone who is actually a Blue "in disguise", so to speak...
I'm sure they have in-game characters that they can and sometimes do post on, but as far as getting "insider" knowledge of the player base, such tactics are unnecessary on a forum - as not posting grants one more anonymity than posting in white. If they just want to hear a response to an opinion of theirs, they are less likely to get one posting in white, but even posting in blue they'll get the same opinions (just a lot more of them). The only differences are that, i suspect, they are expected to have a certain amount of professionalism when they write in blue, but "amateur writing" is fine in white - but once you get used to writing professionally, there isn't really much of a difference (except, perhaps, that they might need to run their posts through an approval process with PR or something..).

Similarly, people are generally more eloquent when they respond to blue words. This is actually a huge plus, to the point that it renders posting in white a complete waste of time, if you have the means to avoid it.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
i know blizzard reads ideas from here my last idea is still being read considering they did it before however itr didnt get mutch promotion if they did it again and give it some advertisement i think it would be a smash
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Priest
01/28/2012 05:09 PMPosted by Burukagar
i know blizzard reads ideas from here my last idea is still being read considering they did it before however itr didnt get mutch promotion if they did it again and give it some advertisement i think it would be a smash
if they posted a list of "all in-game ideas we got from the forums" or even "ideas from the forums that almost made it to the game", if the list is sufficiently long, they would just get a huge flood of new suggestions from people. Unfortunately, this may not improve the quality of the suggestions, which could make it very hard to sift through. Additionally, as the increased suggestions are not implemented, they would see a slow but steady rise in people complaining about how forum suggestions are not implemented. I would guess the damage would take a year and a month to fully subside.
Edited by Normalice on 1/29/2012 5:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
57 Blood Elf Death Knight
01/24/2012 09:48 AMPosted by Nethaera
We read them.

LIES!!!! YOUR A ROBOT!!!
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
why is it that blizzard sells all the lost tokens in dal like the crown of the lost conqueror and such but not all the tokens for the wayward conqueror? it doesn't make sense to me that people have to run through ulduar for 2 tokens while anyone can just buy the lost set.
Edited by Undeadanator on 2/13/2012 10:57 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]