Chronicles of Iron - Ironman danger spots

70 Night Elf Warrior
Sorry for posting yet again but since I'm wrapping up the old kingdoms...

Zone: Silithus
Quest: Wanted! Deathclasp
and
Quest: Various (Any with the Twilight Hammer camps and Silithid hives)

This is another zone that if you want to do (atleast IMO as a melee class), it is best done above 60. Most things have 3-4K HP and hit hard and fast.

First, Deathclasp.
You know, you'd *think* a quest with a wanted sign (though no recommendation of # of players) and the mob having DEATH in it's name with a title append of "Terror of The Sands!" would be enough common sense to avoid the quest. Had to check it out though!

You can retrieve the goblin's bag on the hillside if you fly over and patiently wait for our scorpion friend to move.

Scorpion has 7.5K HP and hits like a truck. 200 a hit on plate every second or two. Didn't stick around near long enough to have him get off gosh knows what else like poisons, stuns, adds, etc. Might be doable as a hunter or something but for melee this guy is AVOID at all costs. Half the posts on Wowhead show properly geared people in the 50s dying to him every other post it seems and look at how much (or is that how little) armor we have... This guy is not the "oh I can be sneaky or smart and with luck, edge him out for a win." No... this guy will more than likely claw you in the face and have your corpse for lunch. He is a true (level 54) Gold Elite.

---------------------

For the rest of the zone, just be mindful of how many TH thugs you're by at any given point in time. 2 or even 3 at once in the cave is pretty common. One or two at once in the camps is common. The Avengers are best debuffed as much as possible (Thunder Clap, Demo Shout etc.) as they dual-wield single handed weapons and go crazy ;). Spells that land are a good 70-200 HP a pop.

The Silithid quests involving Hive'Regal are doable as well since even though the bugs aren't super easy, they also have minimal movement and tend to stay far enough apart that you can carefully go in the hive and kill them one at a time. The "corrupted" NE quest near the end of the zone's quests is nothing to worry about. Just clear the room of bugs and eat a fear or two. Interrupt her Greater Heal as it will restore her to full health (4K-ish). Be sure to analyze the white stone there too when you're done ;)

Hope this helps anyone who feels like venturing into Bug-Land.
Edited by Reallinkimc on 5/1/2012 1:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
70 Night Elf Warrior
03/13/2012 05:53 AMPosted by Notso
zangarmash-- I believe she is called leesah, but after you turn in her last quest-the mushrooms, do not follow her when she says to.

Close! But yeah just for people referencing this quest it's "Leesa'oh" ;) The quest mentioned seems to just have her try to feed Boglords at the end and might get you aggro on a few mobs. Apparently there's no reason for "finishing" the quest per se by following her. It's just for lore continuality.
Reply Quote
17 Worgen Rogue
Just saying, there were 2 quests in the Gilnean starting zone that gave me trouble. The first is the quest where you have to summon the worgens to create a distraction at the dark rangers' house and steal the Scythe.

I've done this before on multiple toons and the distraction doesn't last very long, so run in as soon as you summon the worgen, grab the Scythe, pop Darkflight and run. Also, 1 ranger always seems to manage being distracted and will shoot at you, I don't recommend killing her until you're well out of range of the house but I do recommend running away fast xD

The other one is the one where you have to kill 2 specific Forsaken, and 4 random guards. I did this on my rogue, but ended up dying because of fast respawn. (PS- Don't fight unless you have an escape. Heh lesson learned the hard way.) I did this on my hunter later though and had no problem, you just have to be careful.
Reply Quote
70 Night Elf Warrior
Let's see if I can knock all this out before I forget. Going to ramble a bit on Outland for folks just entering a whole new world ;).

Zone: Hellfire Peninsula (HFP)
Quest: "Zeth'Gor Must Burn!"

Let's start it simple. Go through the portal and pound some orcs, right? These guys with 4-5K or so HP at 59-61 feel like being hit with a sack of bricks to us. Melee should be able to kill them with around half-health remaining or maybe less if you pull a 61-62. Taking two (let alone more) is NOT recommended. Since the watchtowers are guarded by at least three or more orcs which will probably flee into the others, I'm personally not sure if this quest can be done from the get-go. I was only able to blow up one tower near Spinebreaker Mountains - the others were far too heavily defended.

Skipped the entire quest chain there involving going into their command center to kill the head chief as well, though killing a dozen or so orcs for one quest is fine if you pull from the mountain pass.

Keep in mind the lovely mounted orcs will give you a ~4K HP wolf to fight alongside their red riders. For the scant two or so times I was forced to deal with this, it was dicey.

-----------

Quest: Various (Thrallmar Mine underground) and "Beneath Thrallmar"

You can do most of the goblin's quests in front of the mine just fine. It's going inside that's the challenge. The Horde mine is far more condensed than the Alliance one is. There are a lot more turns, blind corners, and jutting rocks / mini-paths that make seeing diggers in front a pain... not to mention the lovely roaming Succubi.

While I could do the Alliance mine a careful step by step at a time (because you can see where the guys are digging), I personally found the horde mine to be far more difficult. After one turn of working my way in, pulling 3 miners and a Succubus, I left and abandoned the quest there.

---------

Quest: "How to Serve Goblins"

This can be done very carefully with a flying mount. If you need to Shadowmeld or FD, watch where the starting points for the orcs are if you move ;). The melee will hit for 100-200 each and the mages will fireball or lightning for 200-300 each or more so you have to be somewhat quick. Oh and they flee to grab their pals.

----------

Quest: "Enemy of My Enemy" and any "Invasion" quests

These are probably a newcomer's first taste to quite densely packed mobs. Just watch the roaming paths and pull carefully. Razorsaw will slowly go in a circle around the first forge camp.

The only Fel-Cannon I could even find that remotely has a chance of being destroyed is the very first one to the left in the first forge camp. Pull each worker out of cannon range, then hit the cannon itself. Its fel-boulders do a couple hundred each hit; not too bad for a ~3K HP cannon. It hurts but it's livable.

The last forge boss can be killed if you land on the "back" of the base with the lone huge demon walking around. Face the mine, fly up and to the left near the cliff wall for your landing spot. Kill the demon, and the two or three diggers nearby as well as any roaming baddies. Pull the boss back. He's pretty standard in terms of attacks so shouldn't be an issue. By this time the original demon might have respawned so do be careful.

You can shut the forge down by landing on one of the outriggers (top supports) near the crystal, using the orb or crystal, and flying away. Atleast, this worked for me without aggro. Failing that, it's probably best skipped.

------------

Quest: "Cruel Taskmaskers"

Recommended to be as far into the 60s as you can (while still going through Hellfire) for this one. 63-64 is good if you can be at that level or higher.

Pick some of the small ruin areas of rubble and make sure the area is clear around before fighting. Charge to the demon and hit Retaliation, Heroic Throw, and every ability you have. Thunder Clap and Demoralizing Shout are tops to slow down the Lost Draenai from adding up too much damage. Unless adds are very very close, don't pull back and fight on the spot because these fights are DPS races.

Once you drop the demon, the two Draenai will turn green and escape to freedom. You should have roughly 800 to 1.5K HP left after each fight. Heal up, reset Retaliation and repeat for 3 more.

----------------

Quest: "Looking to The Leadership" (Archmage Xintor)

This one's somewhat easy, though since the Archmage was noted in other posts, I'll echo it. Charge and unload everything you got on the Archmage just to be safe and start that health divide going. He'll roughly do 2x the damage of a normal sorcerer's spells. Arcane Missiles hit 5x for ~225 each and Fireballs slam you for roughly 400. Feel free to interrupt either (I ate the missile barrage since it seems like he could cast fireballs far more often for more damage overall). He'll bring up a holy shield roughly at 2K or less where he's invulnerable for a few seconds. Feel free to heal at this time... it helps.

------------

Quest: "The Arakkoa Threat" / "The Finest Down" (and other various)

Take your flyer and land on the middle ledge (second level) of the nests right above that downward ramp entering the ruins. You can kill the Haal'eshi bird there first and grab a Kaliri flyer right behind him. Surprisingly the little youngins' in the nests have over 6K HP! Far more than any of the bigger birds so you might need to hit all cooldowns should you disturb a nest. Mount up and go to the right-side perch. Kill the other Arakkoa and another Kaliri. Watch for the pacing ogre but you can carefully pull a few more birds back along the ledge or onto the bridge nearby, though a double-pull is best avoided. If you are impatient you can face the ruins, mount up and fly left (east) over the small ridge. You'll see a dotted line of burned rock if you will at the other side of the bird camp's borders which makes for an excellent pull line and is about the furthest you can pull the birds out from their camp. You can wrap up any remaining mage kills from there and snag the birds from another nest just around the dip and to your right.

Maybe my droprate just was horrible but I swear the feather quest took me nearly half an hour. Unless you're patient you can skip it.

Despite leaving Hellfire at 65, I did not do the following:
"Drill The Drillmaster"
"Zeth'Gor" (as previously stated)
Anything with the Fel Reavers
Anything having to do with Colossi / Colossuses
Anything with PVP contested areas
"The Rock Flayer Matriarch"
"Overlord" (The green demon terrorfiends are easy. Their multi-armed female mage demons are not. Should you kill those, they spawn two imps each who shoot nasty fireballs for 75+ a hit pretty fast so yeah... didn't bother with Arazzius' 8K+ HP with two more female demons nearby).
"Makuru's Vengeance" - this one literally gave only one safe orc to kill for beads out of their whole camp (and keep in mind that only the grunts drop the beads). Every area with a grunt otherwise had 3-4 mobs around it.

I think I left the zone roughly 56 of 72 quests or some such. Might return later for those challenging ones later on.

----------

Sorry for the LONG post but I wanted to give some insight for anyone venturing into Hellfire. My philosophy of entering into Outland as late as possible if you're a melee is still recommended. Most everything else kill-#-of-x and so forth type of quests are pretty doable even at 62-63... just always be on the lookout for the friendly neighborhood Fel Reavers!
Edited by Reallinkimc on 5/12/2012 11:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
75 Draenei Paladin
On Makurus' Vengeance, I actually got beads off the grunts and the wounded guys (can't think what they are called but they have less hit points than the grunts). I did have to pick and chose which ones to hit but there are several around the camp that are singles and there is usually just one on the bottom floor of the huts and 2 wounded guys on the 2nd floor. Then I'd have to wait for respawn because I would only pick on those ez guys. lol

I forgot about the goblins in the cave quest above the horde place. I'll have to go back and see what color they are for me now. Probably grey, bleh.

I have a problem spot to report in Netherstorm - the Manaforge B'naar one, or technically the one that you are to retrieve a bloodgem from the Magisteres and charge it. Those bad boys hit hard! And with them being casters they will not pull well. I had 3 on me and almost died (thank you Lay on Hands!). I'm going to give it one more try and if I'm still having problems then they can just keep their gems! :D
Edited by Kahtraa on 5/13/2012 1:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
70 Night Elf Warrior
Let me just knock out Zangarmarsh too while I'm at it (so tempted to also type it Zangermarsh too haha).

Zone: Zangarmarsh (ZM)
Quest: "Leader of The Bloodscale" / "Leader of The Darkcrest"

For the Darkcrest part, you get to kill a giant melee naga named Rajah Haghazed at the southern naga camp. For the Bloodscale part, you kill a giant mage naga named Rajis Fyashe at the northern naga camp.

The melee has roughly 11K HP so feel free to unload everything on him. I found the best option personally was to fly in, clear the southernmost approach of a few slavedrivers and bugs, then mount up and drag / pull the big guy from his center podium. He'll switch weapons to a polearm at roughly halfway or less through the fight and it hits a bit more than normal. He also does a knockback so you'll need a little bit of space to fight him in.

The mage naga is the one everyone's mentioned that is the risk taker, including Kripparrian in his videos. Again the best approach is via the south or so where the pond indents into the camp. You'll really only need to kill the roaming sentry and one or two slavedrivers to make the area clear for the fight. The mage only has about 9K HP but about halfway through she will spawn a tiny water elemental as well as cast water spouts that throw you roughly 50' in the air. It's not enough by any means to kill you, no, but you'll take ~50-60 damage when you hit the ground and more importantly lose precious killing time. Same tactic here - clear the area and get her to follow you from the podium out as far as she'll run.

Her frostbolts (and other spells) hit for significantly more than even normal naga. Frostbolts for 500-600 a hit, the water swell / spout is a good 400+ each, melee hits are 150-300 or so each. I certainly did not test Freezing Circle out to see what fun that'd do though if you land in Freezing Circle more than halfway into the fight, there's probably a very good risk of death. Even at 65, this fight took three harrowing attemps to take her down.

This fight is probably best skipped unless you're on your toes. I'm not saying to be less cautious on other fights but this one needs 100% focus on what is going on with no distractions from other mobs. You may also have a brief moment to heal up during a freezing circle cast once out of the way. It is strongly advised to do so.

Again, don't try to luck this guy down since nearly all her damage is very bursty (200+ a hit or more with spells or misses / weak hits). If you're below 1K HP, Shadowmeld or heal up, or run out of range ASAP. You can gain a Victory Rush off the little elemental but that's an extra 1K or so of HP you'll be dealing with and so I felt it was too much of a risk to kill it mid-fight. The elemental will keep hitting for roughly 60 or so a hit.

Oh and no, you can't use the nearest mushrooms to prevent the spout knockup. Out of her range. Fighting right on the shrine's platform probably would aggro the two front guards so didn't do that.

----------------

Quest: "Balance Must Be Preserved"

This one's listed for one reason as the three eastern / central pumps can be done with a fly-in, a couple kills, fly-out routine. The last pump more than likely for most people would be the far western pump in Marshlight Lake. This pump not only has the hardest nagas in the marsh nearby but it is heavily patrolled.

There really isn't any weak area where the mobs are not. Every spot has at least one or two naga mages, or two or more melee or more than likely, combos of both patrolling around. In other words, the risk of a multi-pulling is very high and for warriors, these guys take 3/4s of your life when alone!

The only remotely safe way I could do this quest was to mount up and fly right ontop of the pipe just to the right of the control system. Wait until the melee naga is facing with his back to the panel and as far out as he'll go (which isn't far). Throw the roots onto a hotkey or action bar and use them fast. You should be able to snare the last control even if you can't lift-off again. Drop off the pipe and flee to the north-east (to your right and forward slightly from facing the pump). This should put you at a very short distance to the water with one small shrine to your right and really, no other naga terribly close. Shadowmeld, reset, and fly off. I didn't choose to fight the lone naga by the controls as he'd call for help, let alone possibly getting the attention of others nearby.

---------------

Quest: "Natural Enemies"

Not too hard of a quest overall. If you kill Bog Lords fast, it's possible for the ensnare to stack up to 5x which = hurt. 4x will start the ticking for 100 HP every time, but for 5x it'll crush you for roughly 450 HP every tick (thankfully only two or three of these hopefully). Just let the debuff wear off before grabbing more lords ;)

--------------

Quest: "Ango'rosh Encroachment" / "Overlord Gorefist" / "Stealing Back The Mushrooms"

I found it best to pull each ogre from his pals guarding the bridge. Each big guy hurts for about 2/3rds of your life in the mid-60s but they're killable. The mages are a little easier though the shadowbolts hit for 200-300 each.

I tended to kill only the few ogres from the bridge landing and up the ramp to the right. You can get to the overlord's hut by landing on the ledge with your mount (fly on top of the cave entrance and slightly to your right). Kill one mage and two or three melees and you're home-free. The Overlord hits harder but didn't seem to do anything special. Still gotta hit him with everything though.

For the mushrooms, it's tempting to grab the boxes laying about but they will spawn a melee ogre immediately upon collection so just FYI :). Ogres may also drop them as loot which is just collected (and even if it takes longer, probably preferred).

Really really didn't feel safe going inside the ogre cave for any reason so avoided it except for one box of mushrooms.

-------------

For the warning about the Leesa'oh quest, I just mounted and observed the last part from the air. The Bog Lords will then continuously spawn along a path heading toward "their new grounds" so you should avoid the nearby area from then forward (2-3 at once are common).

-------------

While I am incredibly thankful for Kripparrian and his warning about the naga Freezing Circle, in reality, every mage naga (Enchantresses and Sorceresses along with Fyashe) in the zone casts Freezing Circle. Yep. Just a heads up that they're not fun to let live for longer than necessary. For the one time I got caught in one (darn naga timed it before my stun was ready), it sure enough, did do almost 2K damage as well as frost-trapped me for 5-10 seconds. This would normally let the naga move out of melee range for more frostbolting fun but at this point the health of the naga in question let her flee instead. Eat the frostbolts and whatever else they toss at you - just stun or stop Freezing Circle at any cost. Also, it only hits you if you're within the radius of the ice blocks. You have maybe two to three seconds from when the ice starts popping up to where the blue ground circle effect radiates outward - if you're out of range of the ice block circle you should be fine. See it fire a time or two and you'll get the hang of it quickly.

-------------

For a suitably leveled melee (65+), Zangarmarsh is a full clear (beyond the given quest #s in achievements). Think I finished with 52/52 and more to go as is typical for overprovision in zones. It's spread out but should be pretty easy-going as much as can be expected at these levels for us melee. Have fun!
Edited by Reallinkimc on 5/13/2012 3:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
58 Night Elf Druid
I was researching northern Winterspring and found Shy-Rotam, who has a five second fear [Terrifying Roar]. The cat's mate Sian-Rotam may be patrolling in the area and is a silver wreath. I plan to skip this quest.
Reply Quote
70 Night Elf Warrior
Yeah you'll probably find both silvers probably around the quest tiger. Shy I think, is the one sitting under the cliff asleep and is stationary until attacked. Sian roams around where the quest-kill is though. That was a little tricky for me as well. If you're indeed 53 while there, I wouldn't recommend it.
Edited by Reallinkimc on 5/16/2012 6:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
70 Night Elf Warrior
Well, another zone behind me. Thoughts thus far with Terokkar Forest:

It's another case for us melee where you want to be leveled as much as possible before going in, IMO. The Arakkoa, wolves, and so forth all will start their hits at 150 HP and go up from there into usually the low 200s despite having a full set of Tarnished Plate. I entered the zone at 66-67 and left at 69.

A few gotchas:

There is a particularly nasty mage rare (Silver) that travels the road between Shattrath and Tuurem with about 9K HP. He'll hit with 500-HP shadowbolts and other fun attacks so if you can't heal up or get away, just keep a watch for him.

Sometimes the Draenai vessels in Tuurem just fizzle out and don't count towards collection.

The Arakkoa in the strongest encampment outside of the secluded Skettis (Veil Shalas) right to the east of the Auchindoun hit significantly harder than the other camps. Melee attacks even at level 69 hit me for 350 a hit with spells at 500-600.

When working towards "The Final Code", the head mage in the tower sometimes consults with an Elite vision. I don't know if the elite will ever attack or do anything should you attack the mage but seeing as it shows him as a level 72 with 110K+ health, I waited until he was gone.

------------------

Zone: Terokkar Forest
Quest: Kill The Shadow Council!

The first parts of this chain are easy enough. You can use the disguise to chat it up with the orcs and such in camp. Even the killing after isn't too bad, though you might have to fly around a bit to find the mages. It's the final-take-out-their-leader bit that's tricky.

The entrance is guarded by two mages with a Succubi each - doable without much issue. The interior room however, has a Shadow Council female mage along with a large orc commander. Each has about 5K HP and the mage's fireballs hit for upwards of 500. Doable if you can kill everything else in the hut from the entryway to their position but do keep in mind that a wandering hunter and his one or two executioner pals also roam to the command room and back, thus making the risk of having random ads show up fairly likely. The mages respawn in roughly 4 minutes so should you botch a run, you might as well start getting into the command building from square one. If you pull one or the other (mage or melee) they both come.

After two or three different failed attempts and harried shadowmelds, I gave up for this and will do it later. Other classes might have better luck.

----------------

Quest: "What Book? I Don't See Any Book" (part of the "I See Dead Draenai" quest chain)

Simple part of a book of the dead quest chain. Kill the thugs who took a Draenai's book or some such. There's the head guy with 12K! HP, and his two thug friends with about 2-3K each. You can start whacking on one as soon as you initiate the chat dialogue. The main guy however, hits for roughly 250 a hit, and the other guys, about 100 each, thus putting out a great deal of damage very fast.

Tried this 4-5 times and just couldn't drop the guys fast enough and you can't Victory Rush off of the weaker guys either, making any healing challenging. Probably another quest that for melee may have to wait until past 70.

----------------

Quest: "A Hero Is Needed"

When you get to go to Auchindoun and kill some Auchenai Initiates and Doomsayers, this is where I'd say you should be leveled as far as possible, akin to entering Hellfire Peninsula. These guys have roughly 6K HP and hit in the solid 200s+ as well as do knockdowns, preventing any Slams or other attacks from hitting. These issues along with attacking very fast make the melee attackers in particular, quite dangerous. I can not stress enough that every fight took me from my ~4.6K HP to less than 1,000 - and you have the fun of killing a dozen of these bums. The mages are a tad easier as their spells can be interrupted.

If you hit 68 or higher (Warrior) and get Commanding Shout, it will boost your HP by roughly 1,200 at the expensive of not being able to use the typical Battle Shout for added strength.

I ran a few tests and it seems that even with less damage output, the HP will far overcome any less damage you'll output in about a hit's difference (ie. hit once more to negate any preceived Battle Shout "bonus"). Be sure to eat or heal up once you use Commanding Shout!. If you hit it and run into battle, it'll just leave a huge chunk of HP missing from your health bar ;)

-------------

Quest: Torgos!

Ok so you get to go kill some baddies, no big deal. Go to Carrion Hill north of Auchindoun and kill the first bird (Trachala) for her meat. Doable. Go west to the bird camp to kill that big bright blue bird. Tricky. Torgos has just over 11K HP and as a Warrior, you want to unload with everything you got here. The issue is is that well, Spirit Ravens and other Arakkoa love to roam around and will gladly aggro during your fight. With how much damage Torgos puts out, it is highly unlikely you can sustain fighting a second mob alongside and the two times I *thought* I cleared out the area, the mobs still found me (so I fled / melded).

The ravens respawn in less than 4 minutes so even if you clear out several as well as the few Arakkoa mages near the scarecrow, you need to find a large, open safe place to fight this out. It seems very doable if not for the risk of pulling random adds, but after two tries of messing up, I skipped it.

If you use the meat and cancel out of the fight, the meat will be USED! You have to go back to Carrion Hill to kill the other bird again!

Oh and Torgos might just gut you nicely with a slight disease debuff... Nothing overly nasty but the debuff will last for half an hour! Yuck.

----------------

Quests: "The Tomb of Lights" / "The Shadow Tomb / "Vengeful Souls"

All involve heading underground to find, fetch, and kill stuff. Very close quarters with multiple mobs together - in which one alone is a dedicated fight for a Warrior. Skipped all after even getting down the entry ramps and seeing the mob packs and blind corners...

----------------

Quest: "Veil Shalas: Signal Flares"

Moderately easily doable with a mount. If you find Skywing (to the south of the Veil on the ground near the mountain pass up), I think s/he will pass by all of the flames on her search through the veil. Again as I said in the gotchas... these Arakkoa hit much harder than normal with mage shadow bolts about 500 a hit, melee hits for 350+ a hit, and slight knockbacks too (case in point, don't stand on the edges of the nests)!.

----------------

Quest: "Terokkarantula"

It's to the south-east in a slanted bit of falling land... Easy to see as it's probably the BIGGEST spider ever. For being intimidating in size with 11K, it didn't seem to do anything overly dangerous. Just unload on it and you should be done.

I did skip the "Taken In The Night" quest that involves breaking the cocoons there, though. Far too many spiders around.

----------------

Quest: "The Big Bone Worm"

Simple. Find a Clefthoof to the east or so of Auchindoun and drop it. Fump on it and you'll get a mother of a worm wanting to eat you alive (12K HP or so). It'll do the same attack / burrow behind you / attack / burrow behind you repetition of its smaller brothers though - except it hits a little harder. Unload with everything you got and maybe heal up when it goes underground.

Now, I've heard a few warnings (of course after I did the quest and got the big worm the first go) that if the fump fails, you could spawn 2 or 3 Sand Gnomes or 2-3 Mature Sand Worms (Bone Sifters). As their poison hits for a good 200 or more each, having 3 of the regular worms is NOT what a Warrior needs to deal with! Just saying that apparently the quest can give you different combos of underground mobs, FYI. You'll probably get the big worm the first fump though.

---------------

Quest: "The Final Code"

Will just copy/paste this from the gotcha. When working towards "The Final Code", the head mage in the tower sometimes consults with an Elite vision. I don't know if the elite will ever attack or do anything should you attack the mage but seeing as it shows him as a level 72 with 110K+ health, I waited until he was gone.

The mage himself has about 11K or so HP and hits quite hard (seems to have a bit higher evasion than normal). Unload and pray you'll keep hitting him. The fight took me down from 5,600 HP (had Commanding Shout up) down to roughly 800. Was fortunate to heal up to full health during a cast the mage did, then he got me all the way back down to 1,100 or so before he died. Whew. You definitely need to "two part" the fight if your health isn't blasted away. Either time your heal very well or shadowmeld out of range.

Maybe I just got a really nasty spawn of that mage but I'd say skip it...

--------------

Quest: "Escape From Firewing Point!"

Found this Draenai in a cage only because I hit the main building from the top down. The escort, like any, is excruciatingly slow, and you'll grab every mage Bloodelf from the building until the front entrance along the path. The good news is the Draenai can take some hits and makes killing the fights (even with two mobs at once) a bit easier. Still debatable as to whether it's best skipped though...

--------------

Quest: "Evil Draws Near"

Firstly, yes you have to kill a bunch of the demonic crazed cultists... You do need 20 of the skulls. You can speed up to the chanting platform and kill one if you're quick, though it might take a try or two to clear the summoning circle there.

Use the skulls to summon down that nasty bone dragon flying over Auchindoun (Teribus) and unload on him. I summoned him and moved instantly off of the cultist site to an empty area of land for the fight. Just unload and it shouldn't be a problem. Has about 11K HP but didn't seem to do anything special.

I don't know if you should cancel out of the fight if you'll need to get all the skulls again (yep.. confirmed via Wowhead... ugh). Just kill him the first time and you're good to go :). Kill the four summoning circle casters last, of course, as they respawn somewhat fast.

---------------

Quest: "The Elusive Ironjaw"

Big red crock in a sea of purple ones on the ledge - easy to find. It'll pace in a half-moon back and forth slowly. With 11K HP though, you need to have a focused, dedicated Warrior fight without any warp stalker or crock aggro to win. Doable without Commanding Shout and a heal mid-fight but a bit easier once you're level 68 or above.

---------------

Quest: "For The Fallen"

Kill 20 Dreadfang Widows. Easy-peasy, right? I always wondered why I couldn't just be killing the nice and easy webwood spiders back in Teldrassil ;). No these guys hit as hard as any of the other Terokk mobs and have a nice vile poison for roughly 350 a tick (x4 or 5 until it wears off). Since I'm a Nightelf, I'll resist maybe 120 HP of it or so but plenty of the poison will still wreck your life by the time the fight's done. Even if it stacks twice it shouldn't kill you outright by any means if you eat after the fight. Just giving people a heads up though.

-------------

Quest: "The Skettis Offensive"

Once you're ready and healed up, talk to the Arakkoa in Shattrath and it will *immediately* start the assault. You get to fight the combos (timed) of the following:

2 small birds
2 medium birds
3 large birds
1 Elite type bird

The little ravens and such all have roughly 1,100 - 1,400 HP. Thunder Clap and just try to Slam them down as fast as you can as the next wave will come whether you've killed the previous one or not (you have about 15 seconds if that). You can keep Victory Rushing off of each dead bird like any mob though.

I found myself about halfway done with the third wave when the large boss bird showed up with ~12K HP. He hits somewhat hard (250-300 a hit) but if you are able to be near full HP from the smaller birds, he shouldn't be too big of an issue.

-----------

Thanks again for reading all this. I know these posts are long but hey, us Warriors have a lot to be careful of out there! I left Terokkar with roughly 56/63 and the quests I talked about above as I said were probably the only ones remaining in the zone.
Edited by Reallinkimc on 5/21/2012 9:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
58 Night Elf Druid
Long posts but very good ones, thank you!
Reply Quote
70 Night Elf Warrior
Well I'll wrap my travels up before I start again...

Nagrand (could do roughly 45/75 due to quest difficulty). Entered at 69, left at 70.3 (for what I could unlock at least).

Firstly, it's quite a jump from Terokkar! For Warriors, be prepared to start seeing hits on you for 250-350 minimum, with crits easily past 600 up to 900+. The initial ogre mound quest from Telaar actually involves some of the harder mobs in the zone as the elementals are slightly easier to fight. Put your settings on max and be very aware of what's around you since stuff will seemingly pop out of nowhere.

------------

Zone: Nagrand
Quest: "The Spirit Polluted"

This quest has you killing more tainted / angry water elementals in western Nagrand. The difference though is that compared to the elementals in Skysong Lake, these Surgers are mean. We're talking 30'+ aggro radii even at level 69-70, a stun/knockdown for 3 seconds, and repeat hits of 250-300+ HP very fast (seemed like once a second). If one aggros you instead of the other way around, it'll probably knock you to the ground first.

While one is again a dedicated fight by this point for Warriors, getting two on you even with Retaliation up is something to be avoided (yes, personal experience haha). They nearly dropped me as I fled to nearly 200 HP left before leaving aggro range so again, really nasty if you pull more than one. As is expected I suppose as well, if you're melded and less than 20' from one, chances are pretty good it'll discover you...even at level 70 ;)

I was able to kill the big polluted elemental (green guy) a couple days later when I found him not by any other elementals at the lake bottom. Just swam directly down, aggroed him to the surface and fought on the spot. 6K HP at 70 in this case isn't too big a deal and he doesn't seem to do anything special despite his huge size.

------------

Quest: "Talbuk Mastery" / "Windroc Mastery" / "Clefthoof Mastery"

Killing Bach'lor and Gutripper even at 70 proved to be a bit too challenging for me still. They both have nearly 12K HP and hit hard and fast. Even with healing mid-fight, I couldn't get them anywhere near death. The giant Clefthoof (Banthar) proved to be the easiest of the three for me but still needed an open area to be fought in and a heal mid-fight.

------------

Quest: "Gurok The Usurper"

Getting the 7 skulls isn't too terribly hard, though the ogres do pack a punch. Summoning Gurok however, creates a giant earth elemental (a colossus model with blue rock chunks) with 12K+ HP who won't hesitate to pound you mercilessly. Before I could even dent him, he had me a good 1/3rd dead so I just melded out of range of the summoning circle far away enough to cancel the fight. Gurok will return to the ring so again this is a quest for later.

-----------

Quest: "Buying Time" / "The Master Planner"

These quests have you killing a mix of Fel Legionnaires, Engineers, and Tinkerers. The little tinkerer guys come in packs of 4 with less than 2K HP each. Just pound the first one or two fast and Victory Rush should get you through the rest.

The Engineers and Legionnaires are both far more robust with ~9K+ HP and the typical hard hitting attacks. Fight both of these combinations away from anything else as they're all level 66-68.

Seeing as how the Forge Master had nearly 13K HP and was a level 68 to me, I skipped that part of the quest.

-----------------------------------

Zone: Blade's Edge Mountains
Quests: "Test Flight: The Singing Ridge" and "Test Flight: The Zephyrium Capacitorium" (and I presume other "Test Flight" quests.

These are easy exp or so you'd think. Wanted to add that in there due to Wowhead stating plenty of people who've died due to the flight buff wearing off when they're high over the air over gaping chasms and mob packs resulting in at best, aggro, and at worst a screaming death.

If you mount up on your flying mount before firing the capacitor, it'll punt you far into the air but you eventually regain control with your mount. Just fly back down to the quest-giver and turn in your quest. It sure beats having an Ironman fall to his/her doom from a seemingly simple quest.

---------------

Zone: Blade's Edge Mountains
Quest: "What Came First, The Drake or The Egg?"

This is the one that killed me, despite everything else thus far up to that point in Blade's Edge being carefully managed at 70.

Should you use the Gnomish modulator on the eggs there is of course a chance of spawning a Proto Nether Drake (they have the model of a shadowy crocolisk). Should they get off an Arcane Bolt, it hits for upwards of 3,000 HP a hit! These guys are simply nasty for Warriors as you're pretty much dead in two hits of that and they can get it off very close to the cooldown of your stun - figure you can stun it once, eat a hit and maybe keep going but it's risky.

----------------------

Also
Zone: Borean Tundra
Quest: "The Siege"

It's the intro quest you get when starting Northrend. While the Nerubians won't squish you outright, they do repeatedly hit for 300+ with about 7K HP. I couldn't really take them down at 70 unless with a guard's help and even then the one I did win against before leaving was a very close fight. Might want to try these later if you think you can just barge into Northrend at 70 and clean house.
Edited by Reallinkimc on 6/3/2012 7:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
38 Night Elf Rogue
Redridge
The rare spider "Chatter" NE of Lakeshire has a stun ability that lasts 4secs, could be very problematic if it lands at a bad time.
Reply Quote
38 Night Elf Rogue
[Duskwood]The Stitches final quest:Oh sure, Stitches comes and the guards keep him busy. Whack him enough and he'll joyously come to you instead, HARD. Got me down into the 100s or less more than once. Had to run away while freaking out and shadowmelded. The guards will keep him busy though (though wont hurt him). Keep engaging and managing the hate build up very carefully (he has 3K+ HP).

I want to clear this up a bit! You will pull aggro extremely easily (only took me about 100 damage) and will not lose it over time. Even when the guards daze him they don't register any threat. What this means is you need to be able to kite him, or get in a few hits and run until you drop combat. As a Rogue this was a long haul, all I could really do was spam Throw Weapon w/ Crippling. He was hitting me for around 90dmg @ Lv27.
Reply Quote
38 Night Elf Rogue
Triple post!

Duskwood
The rare spawn worgen Nefaru at Roland's Doom has a fear, so stealth classes be sure to clear everything in the room AND the corridor immediately before it.
Reply Quote
10 Night Elf Warrior
DuskwoodThe rare spawn worgen Nefaru at Roland's Doom has a fear, so stealth classes be sure to clear everything in the room AND the corridor immediately before it.

Doubly-so, this. I met my demise to her once because of that exact thing. Pulled her and the two Worgen in the back of the room and couldn't run / meld fast enough. If you're very careful, you can pull just her alone but it's not likely.
Reply Quote
38 Night Elf Rogue
I had sapped the one closest to her and killed the other, then resapped and pulled her. When she feared me I went straight into the corridor and aggro'd the mobs I had stealthed past. :(

Cape of Stranglethorn
One of the first quests you get has you going to get an item from an Ironjaw Behemoth basilisk. They aren't elites, but they have nearly 3,000hp. Instead of physically attacking they spam a 1sec cast "eye ray" spell for roughly 30 nature damage, and every few casts they throw in a 6sec stun. While you are stunned you take double damage from their eye ray spell. Both spells are physical and cannot be interrupted, but stuns will do the trick if you have them.

At Lv34 it took me over a minute to kill one as I was using my combo points & energy on Recuperate, Kidney Shot & Gouge to stay alive and take as few stuns as possible. My level also helped as I was able to resist a decent chunk of his eye ray attack.
Reply Quote
86 Worgen Warlock
Northern ZG
Avoid the mind vision quests where it send your vision to ZG. Mine borked and DCed me, I got back in the game in a world with no NPCs. Unstuck kills you and does not fix the phasing issue and you can not remove the debuff that tells you that you are mind controlled.

From now on this means for me to avoid ALL not direct actions quests, anything that teleports you or gives you a vision. Thanks Blizzard for an unstuck function that kills you.
Reply Quote
49 Night Elf Druid
My apologies if this has been mentioned before. The quest in Desolace that turns you into a naga and then sends you off to fight. I didn't really have enough health to survive and so I tried to run off, only to find things were bugged in such a way that I couldn't get my feral keybinds back, even after I left the zone. I had to relog. Without access to my normal abilities or even shadowmeld it was all quite a close call and I don't think I could have safely completed it.
Reply Quote
Silverpine forest, still need to be alert for http://www.wowhead.com/npc=47015 Lost son of Arugal. They're rare though no longer elite, and they still do the lovely curse Arugal's Gift - 100 shadow damage 15 seconds after it's applied.

Considering he's patrolling lvl 10 and 11 areas, is a lvl 19 mob with around 900 HP - avoid him like Yetimus. With no gear he can and will 2-3 shot you if you don't run fast enough.
Edited by Winddancer on 8/16/2012 11:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]