How many people do you know have left WoW?

85 Troll Mage
I know 8 people that have quit/left WoW. 4 workmates, 2 friends and 2 family members.

2 workmates are playing SWTOR, another 2 are playing World of Tanks. 2 friends have quit online gaming via PC and are playing PS3/Xbox.

2 family members are pursuing other interests not involving any gaming at all.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
None... :)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
cool story
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I have a friend who is playing Madden 12.

Another has a job now.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Quit completely?

1 - quit in Wrath at the beginning of ICC. Couldn't stand the 'easy-mode game' anymore, and left.

2 - got bored, plays a mixture of other games, both console and PC

A few guildies I've known quit, most citing burn out (people who'd played every day for the past 4+ years).
Reply Quote
99 Night Elf Druid
Well, of approx 15 casual raiders that I had been raiding with very casually (in the guild I am in) in BC and again wrath, only 2 of us now play but do not raid, 2 other play sporadically, rest all left in the first few weeks after cata released.

I know of at least 3 guilds all of whom the guild I am in were referred to as our sister guilds and of those 3, not one remains, at least 150 players between those 3 all left and then numerous others from family to friends to guild mates etc, I guess to many and when leaving most by and large did not indicate they were leaving and given none have logged in now for at least a year, I think it is safe to say, they are not returning, I guess, to many:(
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
1. My best wow friend at that :(
Reply Quote
86 Human Paladin
Since TBC, until now? About 6 or 7, though 3 have come back, so I'd say 4 have 'permaquit'.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Over 7 years? All but one.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
All my rl mates, and my friends from guild quit few months into cata. Im only getting back into the game....im a loner! T.T
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warrior
Too many to count.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
1. ex-boyfriend (the person who got me into wow), ragequit when his guild disbanded b/c they couldn't down heroic sindy pre-ICC nerf;

2. one of my best friends from in game (fell in love w/a girl who he eventually married);

3. my mentor, a 2400+ ranking (from the last 4 seasons) priest who taught me how to raid and pvp (is now playing SWTOR);

4. my old GM (now playing SWTOR);

5. 5-6 friends who now play super casually or quit the game for various reasons. 1-2 are playing SWTOR (one is also playing Rift).

My realid list is feeling rather empty these days :(
Reply Quote
91 Blood Elf Paladin
I know 8 people that have quit/left WoW. 4 workmates, 2 friends and 2 family members.

2 workmates are playing SWTOR, another 2 are playing World of Tanks. 2 friends have quit online gaming via PC and are playing PS3/Xbox.

2 family members are pursuing other interests not involving any gaming at all.

2 sorta. One more or less quit all gaming for a bit (he was going to play TOR but has been so busy with life and a new GF, though he may be returning to WoW, not sure.) One went to TOR and is trying to get the rest of the guild to go, but no one really cares. Half the guild, at least the wives, don't care THAT MUCH for Star Wars (not for the reason you might think - they're geeks and like Star Trek better). Most of the rest of the guild doesn't want to spend more money buying a new game, especially since we're all playing this one.

...and this one friend also was never able to be on raid night due to work and only was free like one night a week as it was, so it's kinda not that wonderful of a draw to get 15 other people to change games for his tastes. :)

I got and tried TOR...didn't really like it that much (it's not a BAD game, per se, and I'm not saying things were too hard, ect. I actually didn't have any problems with it, it just didn't really draw me in.)

So yeah, one left for TOR, one left for life reasons (he was gonna leave for TOR, but apparently he doesn't care about it either and may be coming back), so...yeah.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
2. My causal friend and my arena partner.

I recently got my causal friend into playing with me again now and then but i'm pretty sure my arena partner is gone for good sad to say. He quit because he said MMO's took up to much of his time. Funny how hes playing SWTOR right now... i'm pretty sure he just didn't like cata.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
Somewhere around 9 I believe.
The guild that I was in previous to this one was just a bunch of real-life friends that liked to play together and now there is only one other person left in it besides me, and they have not logged on in a month now.

I've just been logging in occasionally to run the raid finder when the mood strikes me, but other than that I've had no real interest in playing as of late.
This reminded me that my account expires in a couple days; think it may be a good time for a break.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
My friend's list consists mostly of people who no longer play. Maybe one or two are on in the evening. In RL, I know more people who no longer play than who still play.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]