Wheres the x64 Client at?

(Locked)

90 Worgen Druid
Saw a Blue Post state we could find everything in the technical support forums over 2 hours ago, been waiting patiently so i can start the download if there is one before going to bed. Any clues or help tossed in my direction would be welcomed
Was kinda curious about this as well. The post in question made me think that the 64-bit client will have a live version available for the release of 4.3.2, but no announcement so far.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
yeah looking for it here as well, where is it?!!
90 Worgen Druid
they already announced it would be in the technical support forums 3 hours+ ago as they take down the PTR servers
100 Night Elf Druid
It stands to reason it won't be available until the 4.3.2 client patch has been launched, in order to prevent issues with people trying to use a client executable of a different version to the data they have and the servers they're trying to connect to.

Note that the post in question didn't say anything about when the x64 client would be made available. It just said that future versions would be available on Tech Support. When is entirely up to Blizzard and their developers.
90 Night Elf Hunter
Guys, 4.3.2 has not been pushed to live realms yet. After 4.3.2 is live you should find the 64-bit client file where it should be here in the Tech Support Forum.

90 Worgen Druid
nostrodormu

#3 - 2012/01/24 01:04:00 AM
We'll be disabling the PTR forums shortly. Going forward you will be able to find the latest 64-bit client on the Tech Support forums.

besides the patch is tomorrow according to mmo
100 Troll Hunter
I hope it's tomorrow and I really hope blizz posts the 64bit client too.

My hunter needs some love as well as my fps
MVP - Technical Support
100 Draenei Mage
01/23/2012 10:57 PMPosted by Bearnakked
We'll be disabling the PTR forums shortly. Going forward you will be able to find the latest 64-bit client on the Tech Support forums.

"Going forward" doesn't actually give you any confirmed timings on when it'll appear on the tech support forums.

Or any guarantee it will come out with 4.3.2. All it means is that in the future you'll find the 64 bit client in the tech support forums , not that it will be released immediately.

Here to Help :)
Going Forward™ is a Blizzard product in the Soon™ family of products.
Support Forum Agent
Currently the x64 client can still be found on the PTR forum:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3881708285

When patch 4.3.2 launches, the PTR forum will go down and you'll then be able to find a link to the x64 client for the live realms on this forum.

When will patch 4.3.2 launch? I think Bankbutler said it well...

01/24/2012 07:26 AMPosted by Bankbutler
Soon™

Check your G-diffuser system!
90 Human Rogue
I have Windows 7 Professional (64-bit). Will I have to uninstall the x86 client completely through Add or remove programs and install the x64 client (requiring me to redownload the 20+ GB of data), or will the client automatically delete the unnecessary 32-bit program files?
90 Human Death Knight
01/24/2012 09:44 PMPosted by Gordeth
I have Windows 7 Professional (64-bit). Will I have to uninstall the x86 client completely through Add or remove programs and install the x64 client (requiring me to redownload the 20+ GB of data), or will the client automatically delete the unnecessary 32-bit program files?

All the data files remain the same, the only thing updated for the 64 bit client is the executable, and a few dlls maybe. You won't need to reinstall at all.
86 Goblin Mage
So is this to say that we can use the 64 bit client with the live version now?
100 Troll Death Knight
I m guessing the process will be the same as PTR install.. DL this here and drop said 64bit client into folder then launch the game launcher.
MVP - Technical Support
100 Draenei Mage
01/25/2012 01:07 AMPosted by Weirdmàn
So is this to say that we can use the 64 bit client with the live version now?

That's what Mr Foxy man above implies. As soon as 4.3.2 goes live.

01/25/2012 02:14 AMPosted by Reapersbane
I m guessing the process will be the same as PTR install.. DL this here and drop said 64bit client into folder then launch the game launcher.

Well your half right.

There will be a client you download and update separately from the 32 bit version.

PTR should be installed in it's own folder not in the wow folder tho - they changed that back in the Wrath PTRs.

Here to Help :)
85 Draenei Shaman
What woes? Even if they do, it simply won't run when they try to use it and they'll just need to run the regular wow.exe file, it's not going away.
90 Troll Hunter
Could someone explain the difference and/or benefit of having a 64-bit client over a 32-bit client?

I recently formatted my computer (installing only the 32-bit version of Windows 7), and am not a super genius with regards to 32 & 64-bit stuff. Ty in advance.

EDIT: Nvm found my answer online.
Edited by Azpek on 1/25/2012 9:17 AM PST
Is the 64 client optional? Can we still use the same old 32 bit... My pc is 8 years old i do not think it could run a 64 bit. Not sure how to tell if it 64 or 32 my guess is i got a 32 bit os.

Hope they wont force us to a 64 bit.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]