How do i get to the outlands

(Locked)

58 Dwarf Death Knight
is there a quest?
100 Dwarf Mage
There's a portal to the Blasted Lands near the Mage trainers in every Horde/Alliance city. These portals will take you right outside the Dark Portal, which you can then walk through to arrive in Outland.

There should be a quest available at level 58 from the Hero's Call Board (Alliance) or Warchief's Command Board (Horde) in every Horde/Alliance city.
58 Dwarf Death Knight
k thx
90 Night Elf Druid
To be specific, you run up the long ramp at the tower in the center of the Mage district in Stormwind. Just as you enter the building, you will see a portal facing you. It will take you to "The Blasted Lands", facing a small valley, at the other end of which is a huge green portal.

Enter the portal.

Turn to the left, and you will see a flight master. Take a flight from here, because if you try to run down the steps and through the battle at the bottom of the platform, you usually will most likely be killed.

<S>
90 Night Elf Rogue
01/20/2012 09:44 AMPosted by Sylth
To be specific, you run up the long ramp at the tower in the center of the Mage district in Stormwind.

It's not just in Stormwind. There's a portal just like that one in every racial capitol near the mage portal trainers.
85 Orc Hunter
If you are adventurous, you can travel there too instead of taking a portal. Might be nice to know how to get there without using a portal, just for future reference. If you've been to Blasted Lands, then you probably already know. But if you haven't, open up your map when you arrive and look for a large circular feature near the center. This is the location of the Dark Portal.
100 Night Elf Rogue
To be specific, you run up the long ramp at the tower in the center of the Mage district in Stormwind. Just as you enter the building, you will see a portal facing you. It will take you to "The Blasted Lands", facing a small valley, at the other end of which is a huge green portal.

what avanna said and the OP is horde not alliance

EDIT: my bad was sleepy and didn't read i see that i was wrong now.
Edited by Lurus on 1/23/2012 5:05 AM PST
64 Tauren Death Knight
01/21/2012 01:32 AMPosted by Lurus
OP is horde not alliance

you may want to look again.

90 Night Elf Rogue
OP is horde not alliance

He's a dwarf DK.
and the OP is horde not alliance

Dwarves are Alliance now, we have to get our ale in other ways.
86 Gnome Rogue
Did anyone mention that the dark portal in Blasted Lands zone only lets you thru if you are level 58 or above? I'm not sure if the portal from stormwind (and other cities) TO the dark portal also has this restriction.

If you want to get to outlands before you are level 58, go to any main city (Stormwind if alliance, Orgraimmar if horde) and in the chat offer to pay a Mage to port you to Shattrath. I usually say "WTB mage port to Shattrath, paying 1 gold"

When you are in Shattrath, you'll find the flight pathis already made for you between shattrath (which is in Terokkar, the level 64 zone) and your factions main city in Hellfire (the level 58-60 zone).

In the past, the main city in Hellfire had all the crafter trainers in it, so this was handy. But I think this may have changed.
60 Troll Hunter
You can go through the dark portal before 58 there have been many a trial that corpse dragged themselves there. You cannot use the portals near the mage trainers before 58 however (though there's been some debate on this.)
100 Human Mage
The Blasted Lands Portals are still level restricted, the last time I checked.
90 Night Elf Rogue
The portals in the cities that take you to the Blasted Lands ARE locked until you hit level 58. However, if a player can get themselves to Blasted Lands via other means (walking/corpse dragging, player generated mage portal, 2-seater mount, etc.) they can walk through the Dark Portal itself at any level. There just won't be much of anything a lower level player can actually do in Outlands since the first quests aren't available until level 58.
I've taken trial toons through the Dark Portal too so I could corpse-drag my way to Netherstorm for pets. The portal to the BL is still restricted, but the Dark Portal itself isn't.
20 Blood Elf Warlock
The dark portal
90 Night Elf Hunter
When I go to the portal in Stormwind nothing happens. My character is 70. Is there quest or something I am missing?
100 Dwarf Mage
01/23/2012 02:04 PMPosted by Zippit
When I go to the portal in Stormwind nothing happens. My character is 70. Is there quest or something I am missing?
This may seem like a dumb question, but did you click the portal? It's not an automatic thing.
90 Night Elf Hunter
I walk though it and also try to click all around it but can't see what to click on. The portal trainer is right next to it - that's the right place right?
100 Dwarf Mage
01/23/2012 02:10 PMPosted by Zippit
I walk though it and also try to click all around it but can't see what to click on. The portal trainer is right next to it - that's the right place right?
There are several portals in the room with the trainers. There are the two large green ones at either end of the room, one of which leads back down the tower, and one small blue-ish portal that looks like a Mage portal. This small one should say "Portal to the Blasted Lands" when you mouse over it.

The portal should look a bit like this:
http://www.wowhead.com/spell=53142#screenshots:id=181893
Edited by Choonster on 1/23/2012 2:18 PM PST
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]