Holy Paladin Haste Cap Confusion in 4.3

89 Blood Elf Paladin
Hello Everyone,

Firstly everyones input is greatly appreciated as I am mildly confused from all the different numbers Ive seen floating around.

Ive been reading around that the ultimate haste cap is 3,500, but thats only available in 410 gear. beneath that the haste cap is 24,93, which is easily attainable with a 390+ ilvl. However Ive read in some forums here that you only need about 900 or 8% haste to hit that cap in a raid.

Sitting around in Org my haste is at 2,555 or 23.55% unbuffed with no potions or judgements. My main concern is that I am wasting a large amount of stats if these lower figures are true.

Can anyone help me put a definitive end to my confusion?

Thank You

Armory Link - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/area-52/Drrunkadin/advanced
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Honestly I would like an answer to that as well. Although there may be a lower haste soft cap for raids I will continue to get more and more haste.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
You want 777 haste rating, this will give you a 5th tick of the HoT portion of Holy Radiance when Divine favor is active. You should reach this, and to be honest I don't know if it's even possible not to considering the haste Blizzars is throwing our way in T13.

The next plateu is 2284, this will give you yet another tick of HR's HoT portion when Divine Favor AND Bloodlust is active.

Next is 2513, this will give the extra tick with only Bloodlust.

The final "cap" is 3493, this will give the 6th tick without any cd's whatsoever.

Note though that between these plateus your casts will still be shorter (might be milliseconds, but they are faster).

If you want to gear for crit/mastery be sure that you at least get 777 haste, but as I said; I can't see how you wouldn't.
Reply Quote
89 Blood Elf Paladin
You want 777 haste rating, this will give you a 5th tick of the HoT portion of Holy Radiance when Divine favor is active. You should reach this, and to be honest I don't know if it's even possible not to considering the haste Blizzars is throwing our way in T13.

The next plateu is 2284, this will give you yet another tick of HR's HoT portion when Divine Favor AND Bloodlust is active.

Next is 2513, this will give the extra tick with only Bloodlust.

The final "cap" is 3493, this will give the 6th tick without any cd's whatsoever.

Note though that between these plateus your casts will still be shorter (might be milliseconds, but they are faster).

If you want to gear for crit/mastery be sure that you at least get 777 haste, but as I said; I can't see how you wouldn't.

So should I lower my haste from 2,555 to 7777? To me that seems somewhat insane to do
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
OGC
You do not necessarily HAVE to lower your haste to the first threshold. All of our stats are relatively good in PvE now, so if you want to go with haste that is fine--but if you choose to go with a mastery build or a crit build then you should lower yourself to 777 (allowing you to reforge all that other haste to whatever stat you are stacking).
Reply Quote
89 Blood Elf Paladin

OK i get it now thanks everyone. My last question is that raid buffed what will that 777 haste turn into?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
My question is how to I hit 1.0second holy radiance cast w/ blue buff and whatnot on ultrax
Reply Quote
89 Blood Elf Paladin
with my current gear load out, when my trinket procs i have over 5000 haste.... i would imagine with the gem that would do it

ill let you now how it goes
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
u can NEVER have too much haste, just make sure u have the spirit to back it . 3k+
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
The only fight in DS that favors a crit or mastery build is Ultraxion.

Reforging out of haste on any other fight is a throughput loss.
Reply Quote
1 Human Paladin
Haste is simply better HPS so stack it as high as you can. If you wanted to go for better HPM because your playstyle is not optimal or you're just terribly at managing mana then go to 777 haste with crit/mastery (Protip: Don't do this)

Also what this guy said

Edited by Chjkfjnghmdk on 2/15/2012 12:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
lol10m and lolregs. I still haven't seen any definitive reason why (in a 25m environment) haste is ever significantly better for the standard spam holy radiance method of healing. Don't see how you are statistically getting any better HPS out of the spell with more haste. 10m I can see because you can't just use radiance... but 25m... Morchok, Non-purple Yorsahj, Zonozz (possibly non-black depending on your job), hagara frost phase (only healing phase worth noting), blackhorn, spine, madness... all of the fights require extensive radiance spamming...

02/14/2012 11:59 PMPosted by Chjkfjnghmdk
If you wanted to go for better HPM because your playstyle is not optimal

better HPM equates to better HPS on heroic content. It means using a less efficient rotation (I.E. more radiance and less shock/LoD) to maximize throughput where its needed. HPM equates to OPTIMAL playstyle. 2500 haste = 1700 over where you COULD be... = 10 points in mastery = 15% increase to healing that is almost never wasted. In the real world how is this ever a bad tradeoff, compared with 11-12% casting speed?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
For what it's worth I've been playing a Paladin since the beginning of Wrath (which I know is not that long kick rocks); however, I have been playing long enough to remember the good ol' days. Crit > all. We do not need haste, and never will because a good Paladin healer anticipates damage and casts the appropriate heal. That said, for Proadins stats should go Crit>Mastery>Haste. The more crit you have the more you are able to abuse Infusion of Light; with Holy Shock sitting at about 50% (or more) raid buffed casted every six seconds, that's all the haste you will ever need.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

BS
Haste is simply better HPS so stack it as high as you can. If you wanted to go for better HPM because your playstyle is not optimal or you're just terribly at managing mana then go to 777 haste with crit/mastery (Protip: Don't do this)

Also what this guy said

BS

I suggest what Natylia and kaelaren said in this Sticky http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3657280029?page=14

The fact is, Haste is better on paper no doubt, but not better in actuality. I suggest giving my suggestion a try. Intel--> Haste(to 1000)---> Mastery--->Spirit--->Crit. Since your heals will be much slower since your droping 1500 haste. You wont need as much spirit therefore more stats go to raw hps gain. Give it a try in see how you do and let me know on this thread.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
1) Find your "comfort level" for how much haste you want - aim for that
2) Pick crit or mastery
3) Stack whichever you choose

For me this results in:

1) As little haste as possible
2) Crit
3) 1218 haste / 1561 crit (~25%) / 581 mastery (wtb new rings!)

(http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/windrunner/Dubalicious/advanced)

For most holy paladins it probably looks more like:
1) As much as possible
2) Crit (I think?)
3) 2778 haste / 228 crit (~17%) / 538 mastery

(taken from http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/alterac-mountains/Adam/advanced)

Most paladins (and healers in general) prefer haste because it's what most are comfortable with. I personally like the additional 'potency' of crit as well as how it meshes with our various procs and other stats. Obviously just about any build when played correctly will perform well so just build for your own preference and playstyle =)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
omg...i come for help and leave more confused. which came first the chicken or the egg
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Do what you want, MoP releases in less than 2 months and 5.0 before that. At this point it really does not matter.

On baby paladin that does 10mans I run a haste build but on this one that does 25man I run with crit, but all through progression I ran with mastery (the exception being heroic spine).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]