cant add friends battle tag

88 Blood Elf Mage
Hello, for some reason whenever my friend and I try to add eachothers battle tags it never works. we can add specific characters but not eachother battle tags. anyone know why? thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
The battle tags aren't fully enabled yet, they've been added to battle.net, but not to any of the game software as far as I know. If you are IRL friends then you can use the realID system where you add each other's WoW e-mail addresses to your friend's lists. I say IRL friends because it will display your real life name to them. With that and some basic info that typically comes up in conversations, it would be really easy to find your IRL location.

If you aren't IRL friends, then you'll probably have to wait until the next patch/hotfix for battle tags to work. I remember when they were first announced they seemed to be associated with the release of Diablo III, so that could be when they'll be fully incorporated into all the blizzard games.
Edited by Avanna on 1/21/2012 5:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Mage
ya we were IRL friends. and Ooo i meant the real IDs, whenever we add eachothers email addresses it doesnt work
Reply Quote
Is your friend on a trial account? If so, RealID doesn't work on them.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
In addition to the possible cause being your friend is a trial, realID is something that can be enabled/disabled in the social settings. If your friend is on a fully paying account then it's possible that one of you has realID disabled.
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Mage
ooooo okay ya that must be the reason. thanks guy :)
Reply Quote
20 Human Warrior
what do IRL mean
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest
what do IRL mean

In the future please don't' necro old posts this one is over a year old. Wow is an ever changing game and bringing up out of date info to the front page is never fun.

To answer your question IRL means In Real Life. :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]