"Transexual" censored by filter

(Locked)

90 Human Paladin

Yes. And now people who have an XY chromosome and male genitalia who believe they are female and / or vice versa are "enlightened". How exciting... =D

So what exactly do you stand to lose if people are free to live life happily as opposed to abject misery?

Nothing, unless their medical bills for any treatments they received are paid for by any welfare/government sources.

Transgender treatments are not currently covered on any type of welfare that I know of, but who knows....

You get enough people who whine for it, it might happen someday. Especially with Obamacare that's coming.
Edited by Hirai on 1/23/2012 5:14 PM PST
1 Blood Elf Paladin
01/23/2012 05:14 PMPosted by Hirai
Obamacare

Oh lord, you're one of those, aren't you?
90 Worgen Warrior
01/23/2012 05:11 PMPosted by Stephanie
And Political correctness isn't a bane. Its just some edict demanding people to be decent and thoughtful.

Political Correctness is a far-left ideology forced onto people at the point of a gun through threats of violence done to them by government if they disobey its edicts.

The Judeo-Christian foundations of Western society requested that people be decent and thoughtful.

"PC" thinking demands, through force, everyone think a certain way, approve and disapprove of certain behaviors, etc

It is the ideology of slave-holders wanting to dominate unwilling slaves.

I continue to be counted among the unwilling slaves...

So I should call people Ding-bats. For America.
Edited by Jessebella on 1/23/2012 5:20 PM PST
90 Human Paladin
01/23/2012 05:17 PMPosted by Arisar
Obamacare

Oh lord, you're one of those, aren't you?

*shrugs*

I've seen the term being thrown about, and it seems to be 'the' word to use to describe it.

I don't really care one way or the other about the actual subject of "Obamacare".

There are, you know, worse/more important things to deal with, first.
1 Orc Warrior
THIS IS NOW A SPIDERMAN THREAD
75 Night Elf Death Knight
01/23/2012 05:14 PMPosted by Hirai
So what exactly do you stand to lose if people are free to live life happily as opposed to abject misery?

Nothing. That is, if that really is the case. Most people who are miserable will remain miserable regardless of how much they butcher and mutilate their body and regardless of their imaginary friends. Free country, right? =)
Edited by Epaxea on 1/23/2012 5:21 PM PST
90 Worgen Warrior
01/23/2012 05:18 PMPosted by Algathor
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-p33001J-0

Im sorry, but I saw the Farnsworths line in the reccomondations and I jumped straight to it.
90 Human Mage
I don't rea

Nothing, unless their medical bills for any treatments they received are paid for by any welfare/government sources.

Transgender treatments are not currently covered on any type of welfare that I know of, but who knows....

You get enough people who whine for it, it might happen someday. Especially with Obamacare that's coming.

Remember those links I posted? It was just a small sampling of the psychiatrists, psychologists, endocrinologists, neurologists, geneticists, and clinicians who are saying "Yes this is a real thing" and "Yes we can and should treat this and the treatment is gender transition".

That's a pretty compelling argument for GRS to be covered by insurance.
90 Worgen Warrior
01/23/2012 05:20 PMPosted by Epaxea
Nothing. That is, if that really is the case. Most people who are miserable will remain miserable regardless of how much they butcher and mutilate their body and regardless of their imaginary friends. Free country, right? =)

I heard an interview with this new she over the radio. She described herself going through the process.

The procedure and proccess has come quite a long way. At no point did I think she was a man. She sounded pretty damn peachy.
90 Human Mage

That's like saying a person with a broken leg shouldn't get a cast because they would be in pain anyway. The gender dysphoria has an observable negative impact, a physiological cause, a viable treatment, and a positive outcome with treatment. Just like a broken leg gets better once you address the break and let it heal in a cast.

By your own admission you don't want to investigate the issue or consider any opinion other than your own so I don't really see what you are doing in this thread.
Edited by Räle on 1/23/2012 5:32 PM PST
90 Human Paladin
Remember those links I posted? It was just a small sampling of the psychiatrists, psychologists, endocrinologists, neurologists, geneticists, and clinicians who are saying "Yes this is a real thing" and "Yes we can and should treat this and the treatment is gender transition".

That's a pretty compelling argument for GRS to be covered by insurance.

I'm sorry, I'd have to disagree.

Yes, treatment should remain an option.

But for it to be covered by welfare, well...

Are you aware of how many people who need welfare medical insurance, but can't get it because they are just barely over the ridiculously low line?

Say you have 3 people who need to use a hospital right now.

Person A needs* a gender transition surgery.
Person B has appendicitis.
Person C has a swollen lymph node.

*"Needs", assuming we go by the links you posted.

You only have enough money for one.

Which do you do?

When the Healthcare system is fixed so that the majority of people who need insurance, can get insurance, when we actually have the money to cover what people need, then fine. THEN we can see about allowing transgender treatments. But not a day before. There are real people out there, dying on the streets because they can't afford life-saving treatment. Are you saying we should just forget them because some guy thinks he should be a girl or vice-versa?
90 Worgen Warrior
It's funny because that also applies to how I feel about some of the responses in this thread. :D

I've never had that attitude. I just think the delivery is perfect.

EDIT: forget my last edit.
Edited by Jessebella on 1/23/2012 5:35 PM PST
90 Human Paladin
01/23/2012 02:02 PMPosted by Colalicious
I love how homosexual is also sensored... didn't know my sexual orientation was considered bad by Blizzard.

wow, don't be a baby.

like someone stated up there ^^^^^, it's the way the community uses it.
75 Night Elf Death Knight
That's like saying a person with a broken leg shouldn't get a cast because they would be in pain anyway. By your own admission you don't want to investigate the issue or consider any opinion other than your own so I don't really see what you are doing in this thread.

Much like you're doing? =)

Oh and that was an inaccurate analogy. Try again. Or don't. I beg to differ. Neither of us are likely nor have the inclination to be convinced by the other either way.
90 Worgen Warrior
I am sure that at one time in the history of humanity people possibly thought that once your leg was broken you were helpless and were left to die where it happened. Glad humanity has progressed past that thinking.

Oh man, back then we just plain cut off a limb with too many injuries. Before that, we lit injuries on fire to stop bleeding. Instead of just applying pressure.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]