"Transexual" censored by filter

(Locked)

90 Human Paladin
01/23/2012 05:50 PMPosted by Räle

A healthy male with XY chromosomes and the appropriate male anatomy who perceives there is something wrong with him is not akin to having a broken leg.

Neurological and endocrinological evidence suggests otherwise.

Are you trying to say that depression, anxiety, etc is worse/more important than someone with a broken leg?

I mean, seriously?

Guy A has a broken leg.
Guy B has depression, anxiety, whatever, and thinks he should be a woman.

Are you saying Guy B needs treatment more/sooner than Guy A? You're not seriously trying to say that, are you?
75 Night Elf Death Knight
01/23/2012 05:50 PMPosted by Räle

Broadly hypothesized "neurological and endocrinological" evidence, yes.
100 Tauren Druid

P.s. I believe that I am a pony trapped inside a woman's body. Therefore, a pony must be what I really am and people need to understand that. Why are people so bigoted and ignorant? Stay with the times, people!

If you becoming a pony didn't hurt anyone else and makes you feel better, why would I want to stop you? Unless I was some sort of hateful bigot of course. And if the medical community as a whole agreed that surgery to make you more like a pony were the best treatment and indeed perhaps the only way to let you live a happier life, I imagine I'd support it.
90 Human Paladin

P.s. I believe that I am a pony trapped inside a woman's body. Therefore, a pony must be what I really am and people need to understand that. Why are people so bigoted and ignorant? Stay with the times, people!

If you becoming a pony didn't hurt anyone else and makes you feel better, why would I want to stop you? Unless I was some sort of hateful bigot of course. And if the medical community as a whole agreed that surgery to make you more like a pony were the best treatment and indeed perhaps the only way to let you live a happier life, I imagine I'd support it.

And as long as my taxpayer dollars weren't paying for it........
100 Tauren Druid

Are you trying to say that depression, anxiety, etc is worse/more important than someone with a broken leg?

I mean, seriously?

Guy A has a broken leg.

Are you saying Guy B needs treatment more/sooner than Guy A? You're not seriously trying to say that, are you?

Does it have to be worse than any other condition out there to be given treatment? If someone's got a broken bone and depression/anxiety/etc yeah, you'd wanna set the broken bone first. And then? You'd treat the mental health issues that could also be life threatening.
90 Human Paladin
01/23/2012 05:56 PMPosted by Epaxea
depression, anxiety

No, the issue at hand here is why the word "Transexual" is censored. Someone likened it to an inherent, immutable, trait. I explained why this is not the case.

If said person also suffers from depression or anxiety then that is a different issue. However, if, say a person has delusional beliefs or perception then no one is required to accept those same delusions and cater to them.

Two different issues.

Well, you were trying to use those links and such to justify spending taxpayer dollars to give people transgender treatments because it (as you/those links claim) "is a treatable condition which can and should be treated".

I said "eh, let's not because there's more important ills that need treated first"

And you continued to press on how transgenders "need" treatment and such.

Either way. *shrug*
100 Tauren Druid

So you don't want your tax dollars to go toward helping other people. Is that just for specific medical treatment or do you also hate the idea of it going toward roads that you don't drive on, or social safety nets that you'll probably never need to use?
90 Human Mage

I mean, seriously?

Guy A has a broken leg.

I never said it was worse. I only said it deserves treatment.
90 Human Paladin

I mean, seriously?

Guy A has a broken leg.

Does it have to be worse than any other condition out there to be given treatment? If someone's got a broken bone and depression/anxiety/etc yeah, you'd wanna set the broken bone first. And then? You'd treat the mental health issues that could also be life threatening.

Hence why I said in an earlier post "When we have enough money to cover healthcare for broken bones/cancer/etc, THEN we can worry about transgender treatments, but not until everything else is covered first".

I'm not against transgender treatments, truly.

I'm merely saying there's more important things for the healthcare system to take care of, first.
90 Human Mage
01/23/2012 05:52 PMPosted by Epaxea

Broadly hypothesized "neurological and endocrinological" evidence, yes.

And the evidence for it being nothing more than a delusion is what?
01/23/2012 05:58 PMPosted by Räle
deserves treatment.

In my opinion, a psychological issue only warrants psychological treatment. Not physical surgery for a perceived ailment.
90 Human Paladin

So you don't want your tax dollars to go toward helping other people. Is that just for specific medical treatment or do you also hate the idea of it going toward roads that you don't drive on, or social safety nets that you'll probably never need to use?

Eh there's a pretty big difference between "roads I don't use" and people dying on the streets because the healthcare system is overloaded.

I'm basically saying we should use a priority system.

Things are simply low-priority (like transgender treatment) because they aren't life-threatening (unless the patient develops suicidal thoughts, etc), and such.

Just like fixing up roads -- you'd make sure highways are repaired first (since the most people use them), then state routes, then blacktops, and finally if you have enough money left over, then you do the dirt-roads.
85 Draenei Shaman
i get sick just looking at the word
01/23/2012 06:00 PMPosted by Räle
And the evidence for it being nothing more than a delusion is what?

DNA.
90 Human Paladin
Oh, and what's next? Are we going to propose that girls should get cosmetic surgery (excluding, of course, cosmetic surgery on patients with disfigurations) on welfare now too, if/when/because they develop depression due to a lack of self-confidence?
Edited by Hirai on 1/23/2012 6:04 PM PST
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]