"Transexual" censored by filter

(Locked)

90 Goblin Death Knight
01/23/2012 02:02 PMPosted by Colalicious
I love how homosexual is also sensored... didn't know my sexual orientation was considered bad by Blizzard.

"Heterosexual" is also censored in-game.

Plain and simple fact is, these words and others blocked by the filter are not germane to a discussion about Warcraft.
75 Night Elf Death Knight
Oh, and what's next? Are we going to propose that girls should get cosmetic surgery on welfare now too, if/when/because they develop depression due to a lack of self-confidence?
85 Night Elf Druid
dreamcrusher D-R-A-PE- zomg is I gonna get bann'ded now!?!?I said the word D.R.A.P.E.

D*!**: Arrange (cloth or clothing) loosely or casually on or around something: "she d*!**d a shawl around her shoulders".
Edited by Azurias on 1/23/2012 6:06 PM PST
90 Human Mage
01/23/2012 06:03 PMPosted by Epaxea
And the evidence for it being nothing more than a delusion is what?

DNA.

Funny you should mention that.

http://www.biologicalpsychiatryjournal.com/article/S0006-3223(08)01087-1/abstract
90 Human Paladin
dreamcrusher D-R-A-PE- zomg is I gonna get bann'ded now!?!?I said the word D.R.A.P.E.

D*!**: Arrange (cloth or clothing) loosely or casually on or around something: "she d*!**d a shawl around her shoulders".

Again, shoddy programming as I said earlier in the thread.

Take away the D and you have a word (offensive to some) that refers to a very horrible and violent act to do to a person.

But since the poorly programmed forum system cannot differentiate between purple fruit, curtains, capes, and unwanted sex, everything that contains those four letters is going to be censored too.

http://www.biologicalpsychiatryjournal.com/article/S0006-3223(08)01087-1/abstrac

"There is a likely genetic component" "Conclusions:
This study provides evidence that male gender identity might be partly mediated through the androgen receptor."

Anymore broad hypothesis?
Edited by Epaxea on 1/23/2012 6:10 PM PST
90 Human Mage

http://www.biologicalpsychiatryjournal.com/article/S0006-3223(08)01087-1/abstrac

"There is a [likelygenetic component" "Conclusions:
This study provides evidence that male gender identity might be partly mediated through the androgen receptor."

Anymore broad hypothesis?

There is statistically significant association between the gene polymorphism and the transexual phenotype. This, in part with the other evidence I have brought forward, provides a basis for the physiological nature of !@#$%^-*!@#ism. Show me evidence to the contrary.

You told me that DNA was evidence that $%^-*!@#$%^ism isn't real. Do go on.
Edited by Räle on 1/23/2012 6:15 PM PST
01/23/2012 06:12 PMPosted by Jhudiel
Transgender brains have white matter

01/23/2012 06:12 PMPosted by Jhudiel
It isn't just delusion.

I see. It all makes perfect sense now. =)
90 Human Mage
01/23/2012 06:15 PMPosted by Epaxea
Transgender brains have white matter

It isn't just delusion.

I see. It all makes perfect sense now. =)

Actually yes it does. If you disagree, explain why it doesn't instead of making sarcastic comments.
01/23/2012 06:15 PMPosted by Räle
You told me that DNA was evidence that $%^-*!@#$%^ism isn't real.

I never said transexualism isn't real. However, I argued that the premise that it is inherent and immutable is false.
85 Blood Elf Priest

P.s. Homosexuality was once "scientifically" considered certifiable and a grace mental illness but psychologists were then pressured by homosexual lobbyists to remove it from the DSM.

Really just quoted for this..

Did you also know it was considered ok to kill a man if you claimed he made "advances" towards you, if you were also male. Is that ok? No? Didn't think so.

It was considered a mental illness because back then if you showed anything besides the social norm they threw you in the nuthouse.

They also used vibrators to treat women for hysteria.
01/23/2012 06:17 PMPosted by Räle
If you disagree, explain why it doesn't instead of making sarcastic comments.

All I have to go by is a random on the forum suggesting "white matter" and that it somehow "mimics" the female brain as though that suddenly puts everything into perspective. He made the assertion. It is up to him to prove it. Not up to me to disprove it.
90 Human Paladin

P.s. Homosexuality was once "scientifically" considered certifiable and a grace mental illness but psychologists were then pressured by homosexual lobbyists to remove it from the DSM.

Really just quoted for this..

Did you also know it was considered ok to kill a man if you claimed he made "advances" towards you, if you were also male. Is that ok? No? Didn't think so.

It was considered a mental illness because back then if you showed anything besides the social norm they threw you in the nuthouse.

^^^
This.

Just because they "used to do it" doesn't mean that it is automatically right, and good.

Though, there ARE some things that were changed, that shouldn't have been. Say, "Safe" Cholesterol levels. There's some good evidence I've read (I forget where) that the FDA was bought off by pharmaceutical companies to strongly encourage doctors to come out and say that Cholesterol levels should be unrealistically low, just to push out more cholesterol meds out there.

But that's a whole nuther can of worms, involving a huge spike in diabetes, and people who are given lifetime prescription to expensive statin meds.

Exactly. You just proved my point that the science of psychology is shaky at best and is not to be taken as gospel. Thank you for proving my point.

You could actually look up the thing you're so determined to argue about.
Not doing so just proves your ignorance.

Or you could cite your references to back up your arguments. Not doing so is detrimental to your credibility. Not to mention incredibly lazy on your part.
Edited by Epaxea on 1/23/2012 6:25 PM PST
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]