"Transexual" censored by filter

(Locked)

90 Worgen Warrior
01/23/2012 07:41 PMPosted by Algathor
Sorry, I went to get my VP before Tuesday. Did this thread go anywhere?

Nope, not at all. Just some added in derogatory posts.

That is a shame.
85 Tauren Death Knight
DoM
01/23/2012 03:15 PMPosted by Lood#%!!in

Even my name is censored. I now know why, but at the time of creating this gal, I didn't see it.
That is such a rarely used racial slur I wouldn't of expected it to be censored. But it is quite funny to see a player name censored.
30 Gnome Rogue
I understand Whole heartedly why people don't understand Transgender folks like me Fel I don't even understand, Scientists somewhat Understand and are making great strides in unraveling the situation they have even discovered Women born as men have womens brains and men born as women have mens brains

I only ask that You try to be respectful to us and try Not to understand but to Bypass your OH SHI filter and realize we are human beings we prolly have gone through more crud then carters got liver pills and we are only trying to make this world better for our selves

please also understand when I say curse It might as well be a curse Someone who doesn't have it Will never understand why I call it a curse and they never will and I understand that Like i said I only ask they try to respect my decision
100 Gnome Mage

About time a shelterred little kid such as yourself posted. I'm amazed it took so long.

That guy's a concern troll. Check his post history and bask in his glory.
Also, Chromi is pretty well known (the male dragon that takes female gnome form)

Debatable. If Johnny Cash can sing "A boy name Sue" there is no reason that the name of every dragon must conform to the usual gender endings... doesn't happen in real life... doesn't happen in Azeroth.
100 Night Elf Hunter
Is the thread title spelling '!@#$%^-*!@#' with one 's' to get around the filter? Testing: transexualism, $%^-*!@#$%^ism.

The correct spelling is with 2x 's', btw.

[Ed: I see. Well that is interesting.

How about Intersex? ]

[Ed2: So that is ok. Failing to see the profanity in trans.s.exual. Most western countries afford protection from harassment/discrimination to ppl of TS history so not sure why this word is a no no]
Edited by Jimindar on 1/24/2012 1:00 AM PST
85 Draenei Mage
You all do realise that it's called a "mature language filter" not a "bad word filter."

Any word that is considered for a mature audience is filtered, yes transexual is not a word you'd want your 13 year old children asking about.

Mature language =/= Bad word
100 Worgen Hunter
Censored because some kids ruined it by using it to insult each other. Blizzard doesn't have to hate the word to block it, they block it because of how it's being used. Like B I T C H is for female dog. That's censored.
100 Night Elf Hunter
01/24/2012 12:59 AMPosted by Kamiliah
Any word that is considered for a mature audience is filtered, yes transexual is not a word you'd want your 13 year old children asking about.

A 13 yr old child might come across TS women or men or other gender variant ppl in daily life. Most of the time the child probably wouldn't realise, but if the person is early on in the reassignment process or androgynous and happy that way, I wouldn't expect them to wear a burkhas so I didn't have to explain about human diversity to my child.
100 Gnome Mage
01/23/2012 06:41 PMPosted by Starling
As a gay person myself I dislike that we are lumped in with bisexuals, questioning and transgendered people. Gay people have found and defined who we are. We are not in a flux or 'searching' place. Bi-sexuals, questioning and transgendered people are still in that in between phase. Gay people should not be lumped into this category (imo).

That is simply gay politics speaking. Bisexuals and transgendered people are not in flux or "searching" (as you put it) either. Bisexuals ARE capable of falling in love with members of either sex. They are exactly the same as you.
100 Night Elf Hunter
Pidea
the more accurate and PC way to refer to people like that is now 'Transgender'. The word Transgender is not censored in-game.

It's not actually more accurate. 'Transexualism' with 2 's', has diagnostic criteria in the ICD and DSMIV, whereas 'transgender' is an umbrella term.

It is not more PC in Australia either, I think this must be a North American thing, where 'transgender' sounds kinder or less confronting because it doesn't have 'sex' in it and the focus is on 'gender', or because it doesn't have the historical baggage of being conflated with transvestism.
100 Gnome Mage
I understand Whole heartedly why people don't understand Transgender folks like me Fel I don't even understand, Scientists somewhat Understand and are making great strides in unraveling the situation they have even discovered Women born as men have womens brains and men born as women have mens brains

I only ask that You try to be respectful to us and try Not to understand but to Bypass your OH SHI filter and realize we are human beings we prolly have gone through more crud then carters got liver pills and we are only trying to make this world better for our selves

please also understand when I say curse It might as well be a curse Someone who doesn't have it Will never understand why I call it a curse and they never will and I understand that Like i said I only ask they try to respect my decision

ZOMG! Someone else knows about "Carter's Little Liver Pills!" You must be as "antique" as I am! (I haven't seen a bottle of those in over 50 years!)
85 Undead Rogue
C o o n Also can not be used, this one confuses me.
Edited by Chaøs on 1/24/2012 1:53 AM PST
100 Gnome Mage
01/24/2012 01:29 AMPosted by Chaøs
C o o n Also can not be use, this one confuses me.

Don't sing that song about Daniel Boon and his cap!

Banning words is totally futle and simply a lazy response in a lot of ways. Welcome to "nerf world!" So Britain bans guns... so young men start stabbing each other in bars, so they ban knives... maybe they'll start whacking each other in the head with hammers so they'll ban hammers (good luck getting that house built), then people will whack each other with pointy sticks... so they'll ban trees. So then they can start throwing rocks... good luck banning rocks.
51 Worgen Warrior
@chaos thats a type of cheese here :O and also a bad word we shouldn't use at times, i have never used it as a bad word before, but i do like the cheese
90 Blood Elf Rogue
01/23/2012 04:16 PMPosted by Jessebella

I'd wager I'm at least double your age IRL, if not more.

Western civilization is rapidly crumbling, and the Eastern world is rising, precisely because the West is morally insane. It refuses to either defend, or even accept, the most basic elements necessary for human society to flourish.

When you are born male, you ARE male. No one outside of lunatics has ever, in all of human history, claimed otherwise.

The unwillingness of the West to defend objective truths concerning being human is, again, why it is rapidly failing.

Blizzard has so far chosen to not pour gasoline onto fire by legitimizing the ingame usage of a word which is, in reality, nonsensical.

Good for them.

Woah woah woah, who ordered the rhetoric? This is a forum for a video game.

Not to mention that it is extremely common to find transgenders in all Asian countries. As a matter of fact, there are Asian cultures where if there is no girl born in a family, one of the men in the house will become the 'girl', dressing like one, acting like one, and even caking makeup over their stubble. Particulary in southeast asia.

100 Night Elf Hunter
Anyway, the surface issue here is the filter blocking the word 'transexual' with 2 's' - I'm all for problem solving.

Just use 'TS' in any place where you would use 'transexual' or 'transexualism', with 2 's'.
90 Blood Elf Rogue
01/24/2012 01:40 AMPosted by Jhudiel

And why not?
Is the knowledge going to make them transexual?

People really need to get their heads out of their butts and realize what a 13 year old can handle. While 13 may 'seem' young, 13 used to be close to middle age not so long ago in human history. 13 year olds are not the sweet, innocent, naive people you think they are (or want them to remain), they are not little children.

Ever spoken to a 13 year old? They definitely know what a transgender is, and if not, they've grown up in an overprotective bubble.

90 Blood Elf Rogue
01/23/2012 08:19 PMPosted by Hotdodge
Scientists somewhat Understand and are making great strides in unraveling the situation they have even discovered Women born as men have womens brains and men born as women have mens brains

Now that is just bogus science.

This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]