"Transexual" censored by filter

(Locked)

90 Worgen Warrior
Is this still going? Damn people heterosexual gets censored too.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I would imagine that it is not the word itself but rather how it is used. While these words have benign meanings for anyone that has matured beyond the mentality of a 12 year old boy, the rest of the people try to use them offensively. It's the people that make these words bad, blame them instead of Blizzard. Blizzard censors them for this reason. Then again, I could also see "preventing dumbass flamewars" being another reason as you generally cannot discuss !@#$%^-*!@#s or homosexuals without some bigot or two opening their toothless mouth. These people will generally spout nonsense and hatred leading to the other side to respond, and so on, and so on.

Not that any of this matters. These words are still said in the game, the dumbasses still use them offensively and ignite various flame wars and temper tantrums, and the filter can always be turned off which completely nullifies censoring the words in the first place. The forums are a completely different beast, however, so I will not touch it. As another poster said, the@%@!%#. Enough said.
90 Pandaren Rogue
Sextant

(It's a very old word for compass)
90 Undead Warlock
People are still going on about this?
75 Night Elf Death Knight
01/24/2012 07:03 AMPosted by Hõrderocks
like how one side of this argument can say whatever it wants about the other, but if the other says anything at all negative it is removed immediately. Says something about the admins around here methinks..

Mmhm. My thoughts exactly. Then again, I guess from the Blues' perspective, they just want to keep the peace and so remove any unpopular opinions because many people will whine about them and scream 'bloody murder'. So I suppose I can sort of understand where they are coming from. Oh well... Moving on...
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
!@#$lipuff (ji.gg.ili.pu.ff) gets censored too and it's a Pokemon, get over it.

Ps: not only is it a bad word, it's a sin, god said so and his opinion > the opinion of the majority of America
Edited by Chidôri on 1/24/2012 7:58 AM PST
Community Manager
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We’ve reviewed our filter list and there are a few words there that should not be blocked as profanity; we'll be removing them in a future patch. Again, thanks for the report. If you see or are subject to someone using any words in a harassing, defamatory, or derogatory way, you can report the situation to our customer support staff to be handled. You can do so in-game by clicking on the red question mark near your bags.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]