"Transexual" censored by filter

(Locked)

36 Gnome Warlock
Germane to this thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cycXuYzmzNg
90 Blood Elf Hunter
01/23/2012 02:07 PMPosted by Betzalel
Yeah, this game is as "wholesome" as a barrel of foresaken plague...

I wouldnt let my kid play, well maybe if they had all their shots and played in a hazmat suit. I have always said this game should be rated 16 up at the least, merely for the fact the vocabulary used in game is pretty adult content. And its mainly adults that do it lol
100 Worgen Death Knight
Some things aren't meant to be discussed in a game rated T for Teen?

Blizzard can control their content, they need to be pretty firm with what things we can say.

T for teen? yeah right, sure ESRB may say that, but the game is 60% 8-year olds...

want a real Teen game? do diablo :D
Edited by Deathicious on 1/23/2012 2:12 PM PST
85 Troll Mage
01/23/2012 02:11 PMPosted by Nethres
I love how homosexual is also sensored... didn't know my sexual orientation was considered bad by Blizzard.

Excuse me, I cant understand what you are saying is censored.

Is it Homosexual?

Cause i can read that. Must not be censored.

The Forum filter and the in-game filter don't always agree on what constitutes profanity.
90 Tauren Warrior

T for teen? yeah right, sure ESRB may say that, but the game is 60% 8-year olds...

I hear 83% of percentages are made up.
85 Troll Warrior
Because it isn't a word children should hear and its a "Mature" language filter not an "Offensive" language filter.
Children should not be exposed to sexuality of any kind until they are smart enough to turn the filter off.
01/23/2012 02:11 PMPosted by Toxarís
Yeah, this game is as "wholesome" as a barrel of foresaken plague...

I wouldnt let my kid play, well maybe if they had all their shots and played in a hazmat suit. I have always said this game should be rated 16 up at the least, merely for the fact the vocabulary used in game is pretty adult content. And its mainly adults that do it lol

THRALLS BALLS! THESE NAGA ARE EVERYWHERE!
Edited by Mandokir on 1/23/2012 2:18 PM PST
90 Tauren Druid
01/23/2012 02:02 PMPosted by Colalicious
I love how homosexual is also sensored... didn't know my sexual orientation was considered bad by Blizzard.

it doesn't appear to be censored to me, at least not on the forums.

as for why it might be censored? think about it.

The fruit that wine is commonly made from is censored because it contains the word that means sexual assault in it. consider how the word !@#$ is commonly used, especially as a derogatory term.

90 Night Elf Rogue
WoW players in general can't be trusted to use certain items responsibly, which include, but are not limited to: last names, fully customizable tabards, a hefty helping of the English language, most sharp objects and canned pasteurized processed cheese food stored under pressure.
36 Gnome Warlock
OP, if you are offended by Blizzard censoring the word then you will most likely be more sorry and more offended were they to allow it and people started using it in a derogatory manner. That is probably one of the reasons Blizzard censors it.
36 Gnome Warlock
01/23/2012 02:17 PMPosted by Mandokir
Children should not be exposed to sexuality of any kind

I also strongly agree with this statement.
90 Undead Warlock
01/23/2012 02:02 PMPosted by Colalicious

And so it begins....let the endless ranting about "discrimination" commence.
40 Troll Druid
Because we as a community were using it in an improper manner.
95 Gnome Warlock
01/23/2012 02:17 PMPosted by Mandokir
Children should not be exposed to sexuality of any kind until they are smart enough to turn the filter off.

Transgender/gender dysphoria are not driven by sexual orientation or sexuality in any form.
100 Tauren Paladin

I also strongly agree with this statement.

Sex ed is taught in elementary school
36 Gnome Warlock
01/23/2012 02:35 PMPosted by Meynos
And so it begins....let the endless ranting about "discrimination" commence.

Basically, this.
90 Worgen Hunter
01/23/2012 02:11 PMPosted by Nethres

Excuse me, I cant understand what you are saying is censored.

Is it Homosexual?

Cause i can read that. Must not be censored.

Go in game, turn on your filter, homosexual is censored there
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]