"Transexual" censored by filter

(Locked)

I also strongly agree with this statement.

Sex ed is taught in elementary school

Elementary school students can figure out how to turn the filter off.
90 Dwarf Paladin
I've posted on the web forum about this "bug".

All I asked is that they don't sensor the items like D%#%! of the Twins... if it pulls from their own database, which they know is subject to the language filter, then it shouldn't be censored.

While I still hate that you can't say that wine is made from crushed g%#%!s, I thought I'd meet them halfway.

The website filter is just tooooooo OP.
Your offensive disregard for my being offended is highly offensive.

I demand that you stop.
36 Gnome Warlock
Your offensive disregard for my being offended is highly offensive.

I demand that you stop.

Teehee! This made my day! ^_^
90 Worgen Hunter
Another thing, the word !@#$% is censored in game, (forum too? idk writing this as I go) but in the silverpine quests, Garrosh calls Sylvanus a ^-*!@, out of no where... it's not like kids won't hear this, since the majority of people I've met don't know how to turn off in game sound... so why censor it if you're going to have one of your main characters say it in a scripted event
27 Undead Warlock
I can't help but wonder why that word would even come up in discussion on WoW.
30 Gnome Rogue
as a transexual I am happy and unhappy its censored Happy cause i don't want little 14 year old Bullies using my Affliction as a way to make fun of people un happy cause its not a bad word Its a curse that i have to live with for the rest of my life
90 Draenei Shaman
Because it isn't a word children should hear and its a "Mature" language filter not an "Offensive" language filter.
Children should not be exposed to sexuality of any kind until they are smart enough to turn the filter off.

Then you should be really upset that there are all sorts of in-game representations of sexuality, some of which are even part of raid instances.
90 Troll Druid
I'll love to play the Arean Comp: !@#
...but I got censored.
I'm guessing it's meant more to keep people from using it as an insult than anything else. People aren't mature enough to handle the idea that there are people in this world who might be different than they are in some way and decide that everything they don't understand is ICKYBAD like intelligent, respectable adults.
Edited by Corvidia on 1/23/2012 3:11 PM PST
90 Human Mage
Gra pes are censored to. Relax
90 Human Mage
Censoring it implies that "transexual" is some sort of dirty or forbidden word, like we need to protect the children from learning that trans people exist. The word itself isn't derogatory. There's nothing wrong with identifying as transexual. People may use the word in an abusive context, but censoring it because of that would be like censoring the words "black" or "asian" because people say racist things on WoW.
85 Human Paladin
01/23/2012 02:02 PMPosted by Colalicious
I love how homosexual is also sensored... didn't know my sexual orientation was considered bad by Blizzard.

its not bad, its simply not an appropriate topic for the game chat.
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Stop trying to cause drama, how many words did you try until it blocked that one?
90 Undead Warlock
01/23/2012 02:02 PMPosted by Colalicious
homosexual

Doesn't seem censored to me.
90 Undead Warlock
01/23/2012 03:04 PMPosted by Hotdodge
as a transexual I am happy and unhappy its censored Happy cause i don't want little 14 year old Bullies using my Affliction as a way to make fun of people un happy cause its not a bad word Its a curse that i have to live with for the rest of my life

If you are going to use words like curse and affliction to describe it then you are not helping the case for anyone that may be considered transexual.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]