"Transexual" censored by filter

(Locked)

75 Night Elf Death Knight

his point of view is as good as anyone's. if we're discussing this openly, then you must be prepared to encounter perspectives that differ from yours.
90 Worgen Warrior
01/23/2012 04:02 PMPosted by Hirai
Note, I didn't say "Cape". I said "Synonym for 'Cape'", since the real word is filtered (because it contains a bad word inside of the word) and I did not want to get in trouble for bypassing the filter. Even if they don't usually ban people for that, I still play by the rules.

Oh. Well I didnt get past the filter. D-rap-E is in fact one of my favorite artists. Yep.
85 Troll Death Knight
01/23/2012 04:03 PMPosted by Choonster
Also, Chromi is pretty well known (the male dragon that takes female gnome form)
Actually, a fairly recent issue of the WoW magazine confirmed that Chronormu (aka Chromie) is a female dragon with a male name.

Really? That's a shame. It was far more interesting the other way.
85 Blood Elf Priest
Some things aren't meant to be discussed in a game rated T for Teen?

Blizzard can control their content, they need to be pretty firm with what things we can say.
Discussing that isn't a violation of the teen rating.
90 Night Elf Hunter
01/23/2012 04:04 PMPosted by Dissipate

Its Dream crusher D-rap-e. Not cape.

But, since the synonym for "Cape".

synonym.

I love dramatic zoom-ins on sentences. My day has been made.
90 Human Paladin
01/23/2012 04:06 PMPosted by Jessebella
Note, I didn't say "Cape". I said "Synonym for 'Cape'", since the real word is filtered (because it contains a bad word inside of the word) and I did not want to get in trouble for bypassing the filter. Even if they don't usually ban people for that, I still play by the rules.

Oh. Well I didnt get past the filter. D-rap-E is in fact one of my favorite artists. Yep.

Either way, I was merely explaining why we can't talk about certain types of curtains/capes, nor can we dare mention purple fruit.

All because some fool of a coder doesn't know how to properly code a regex statement.
90 Human Paladin
Some things aren't meant to be discussed in a game rated T for Teen?

Blizzard can control their content, they need to be pretty firm with what things we can say.
Discussing that isn't a violation of the teen rating.

LOL!

If it were a violation of the teen rating, then the local newspaper (I live near Pittsburgh, PA) would be M-Rated.
90 Worgen Warrior
Either way, I was merely explaining why we can't talk about certain types of curtains/capes, nor can we dare mention purple fruit.All because some fool of a coder doesn't know how to properly code a regex statement.

You got my joke right? Suddenly my tricking the system is now a favorite artist?

And I dont think its about lazy coding, so much as it is as controlling the forums with an iron fist.
90 Worgen Warrior
01/23/2012 04:12 PMPosted by Stephanie
About time a shelterred little kid such as yourself posted. I'm amazed it took so long.

I'd wager I'm at least double your age IRL, if not more.

Western civilization is rapidly crumbling, and the Eastern world is rising, precisely because the West is morally insane. It refuses to either defend, or even accept, the most basic elements necessary for human society to flourish.

When you are born male, you ARE male. No one outside of lunatics has ever, in all of human history, claimed otherwise.

The unwillingness of the West to defend objective truths concerning being human is, again, why it is rapidly failing.

Blizzard has so far chosen to not pour gasoline onto fire by legitimizing the ingame usage of a word which is, in reality, nonsensical.

Good for them.

Woah woah woah, who ordered the rhetoric? This is a forum for a video game.
B. Rules Related to "Chat" and Interaction With Other Users. Communicating in-game with other Users and Blizzard representatives, whether by text, voice or any other method, is an integral part of the Game and the Service and is referred to here as "Chat." When engaging in Chat, you may not:

(i) Transmit or post any content or language which, in the sole and absolute discretion of Blizzard, is deemed to be offensive, including without limitation content or language that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful, sexually explicit, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable, nor may you use a misspelling or an alternative spelling to circumvent the content and language restrictions listed above;

theres your answer in black and white, you really should READ the ToU before agreeing to it
80 Dwarf Paladin
Typical American culture- lots of violence and no mention of sexophones.

Also, "Transmit or post any content or language which, in the sole and absolute discretion of Blizzard, is deemed to be offensive, including without limitation content or language that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful, sexually explicit, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable, nor may you use a misspelling or an alternative spelling to circumvent the content and language restrictions listed above"

does not describe "transexual" in any way.
Edited by Velikiy on 1/23/2012 4:23 PM PST
75 Night Elf Death Knight
01/23/2012 04:19 PMPosted by Critcat
(i) Transmit or post any content or language which, in the sole and absolute discretion of Blizzard, is deemed to be offensive, including without limitation content or language that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful, sexually explicit, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable, nor may you use a misspelling or an alternative spelling to circumvent the content and language restrictions listed above;

"Offensive" is subjective. Which is why Blizzard has the censor in place.

/end thread.
85 Human Paladin

his point of view is as good as anyone's. if we're discussing this openly, then you must be prepared to encounter perspectives that differ from yours.

I always ask people with that view:
"why does X have to be for Y" X being object being discussed that is supposed to be limited to a certain gender, and Y being the gender.

I like to wonder why 0! = 1 sometimes. logically it makes sense...

5! = 5*4*3*2*1
4!=4*3*2*1

so 5!=5*4!
so 4!=4*3!
so 3!=3*2!
so 2!= 2*1!
so 1!= 1*0!

so 1!=0!. 1!=1 therefore 0! = 1.

reality is...the above isnt why. the actual reason is "by definition".
90 Worgen Warrior
01/23/2012 04:21 PMPosted by Velikiy
Typical American culture- lots of violence and no mention of sexophones.

You Europeans can take your sexy cheese wheels and jump off a bridge.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]