"Transexual" censored by filter

(Locked)

01/23/2012 02:02 PMPosted by Colalicious
I love how homosexual is also sensored... didn't know my sexual orientation was considered bad by Blizzard.

Yes, very bad.

I'm ashamed to even have a Worgen Hunter with that eye patch now.

@OP It's Blizz's game, they could sensor the word Fork for all I care.
Edited by Hexkor on 1/23/2012 4:52 PM PST
90 Worgen Warrior
I have never heard anyone compllain about Christmas trees. Ever.

I assure you my friend, it does happen.

You assume it happens. Like people assumed suicide rates go up during the holidays or spiders fall into your mouth when you sleep becasue "hey, that sounds plausible I guess."
Edited by Jessebella on 1/23/2012 4:52 PM PST
90 Human Paladin
I have never heard anyone compllain about Christmas trees. Ever.

Yeah, that's why we had to start calling them HOLIDAY Trees.

*rolls eyes*

100+ Years of calling them "Christmas Trees" and now all the sudden, that's offensive?

Wow, I can remember the days when people weren't such wimps, where every little idea that they personally didn't agree with, didn't offend them.

God Forbid someone shrug something off they don't agree with. No, they have to enforce THEIR style of thinking on everyone ELSE. I mean, Honestly.....

I mean, I don't follow Buddhism. Does that mean I should ask Buddhists to start calling their Buddha statues "Fat Man Statues"? I'm not Jewish, so should I start telling Jews to start calling "Hannukah" the "Light the Candles Day?" Hey, I'm not a big fan of France... should I throw my hat in with the "Freedom Fries" idiots?

lol...
Edited by Hirai on 1/23/2012 4:55 PM PST
94 Gnome Warlock
01/23/2012 04:06 PMPosted by Glitterstórm
That's actually too bad. I found the sprinkle of diversity quite refreshing.

It was a retcon. Prior to that issue Chromie was indeed male.
01/23/2012 04:52 PMPosted by Hirai

*rolls eyes*

100+ Years of calling them "Christmas Trees" and now all the sudden, that's offensive?

Wow, I can remember the days when people weren't such wimps, where every little idea that they personally didn't agree with, didn't offend them.

God Forbid someone shrug something off they don't agree with. No, they have to enforce THEIR style of thinking on everyone ELSE. I mean, Honestly.....

What we need is a good global war to put all the whining into perspective.
01/23/2012 04:52 PMPosted by Hirai

*rolls eyes*

The problem is, no one chooses to fight back after it happens. People INSIST on making it a "Holiday Tree" but no one INSISTS it remains "Christmas Tree".

It is also not that they are wimps, it's just what they believe in The sad truth is we cant please everyone, but people TRY.
100 Troll Druid
http://i.imgur.com/Fqimm.png
lol
90 Worgen Warrior

It really doesn't happen.

A bus driver says merry Chistmas to all his passengers as they get off at the stop. The 1 jewish person runs after the bus door as it drives off screaming "what about ME!"

Thats the kind of person people assumes exists.
90 Human Mage
Black, asian, and transexual are all adjectives used to describe biological characteristics of people

Transexualism is not a biological characteristic. It is a psychological issue that often compels the sufferer to undergo surgery and mutilation for a perceived flaw.

Edit: In before "but dictionary.com (or insert choice of website here) says..."

Actually yeah. Science says otherwise. If you want to argue do the research first. Saying you don't want to listen anything other than your own opinion is not a compelling argument.

http://www.hawaii.edu/hivandaids/Sexual_Differentiation_of_the_Human_Brain__Relevance_for_Gender_Identity,_!@#$%^-*!@#ism_and_Sexual_Orientation.pdf

http://brain.oxfordjournals.org/content/131/12/3132.full

http://jcem.endojournals.org/content/85/5/2034.full

http://wpath.org/Documents2/socv6.pdf

These are peer reviewed studies with physical evidence combined with decades of clinical experience.
Edited by Räle on 1/23/2012 4:58 PM PST
90 Human Paladin
01/23/2012 04:54 PMPosted by Algathor
they have to enforce THEIR style of thinking on everyone ELSE

Yup, humanity sucks. Parents do not teach their kids to accept anything but what the parents want them to be or do.

My own parents do this and it DRIVES ME FREAKING CRAZY.

Well, dad doesn't.

Mom, though...... ooooooiiiiii.
75 Night Elf Death Knight
01/23/2012 04:54 PMPosted by Algathor
Parents do not teach their kids to accept anything but what the parents want them to be or do.

Parents should just chill, sit back and relax while allowing their children to do as they please and "think for themselves" because they obviously have the capacity to do so. /sarcasm
94 Gnome Warlock
01/23/2012 04:31 PMPosted by Aetherya
A phobia is a fear.

Simplistically yes, but phobia also relates to an irrational hatred or dislike towards something/someone. It isn't just about being scared of something.
100 Night Elf Hunter

You should be calling them pagan ritual trees...... cause ya know.... that's where Christianity absorbed the practice from......
90 Troll Hunter
(too lazy to go back and quote stuff)

China is the largest economy because outsourcing to them and India is far cheaper because they don't have unions to say the few cents they make an hour is unjust.

As the world progresses further into the modern era, I personally find it sickening that discrimination is still happening. Whether it be based on ethnicity/skin color/sexual identity/gender/etc, it's, quite honestly, deplorable that it still occurs.

I try to follow the progression/regression of these events as they happen as best I can. I'd like to think I'm well educated on these matters, but I know that there are people far more qualified on the subjects... and I also severely doubt any of those people exist on these forums, and, even if they did, would probably not voice their opinions.

I've lived almost my whole life in a backwater area of Pennsylvania. If anything, my beliefs set me apart from most people, as they weren't in the racist/homophobic mindset. I've seen far too many people in my life who believe that anyone who isn't white/straight shouldn't be allowed to mingle with "normal" people. It's disgusting. I've seen fanatical religious types who think anyone who isn't straight should be separated from society, and I've seen tolerance and understanding on levels that I believe religions should show towards all peoples.

I won't be long winded here (even though I probably am), but I will say this. At the end of the day, you can debate and shout and work yourself up into a lather over what you perceive to be "right", but for those set in their own ways, you might as well save your breath.

"You may as well be 10 minutes back in time for all the chance you'll change your mind."

Change is not automatic. It is unlikely anyone will wake up one day and think the other camp of thought is correct. Change is a thing that occurs not over hours or even days, but over years and generations. We look back and can't understand how slavery was around for so long. One day, maybe the same thing will be said of this kind of intolerance.
28 Orc Warlock
Read this thread.

That's why it's censored.
75 Night Elf Death Knight
Actually yeah. Science says otherwise. If you want to argue do the research first. Saying you don't want to listen anything other than your own opinion is not a compelling argument.

http://www.hawaii.edu/hivandaids/Sexual_Differentiation_of_the_Human_Brain__Relevance_for_Gender_Identity,_!@#$%^-*!@#ism_and_Sexual_Orientation.pdf

http://brain.oxfordjournals.org/content/131/12/3132.full

http://jcem.endojournals.org/content/85/5/2034.full

These are peer reviewed studies with physical evidence.

Psychology is the easiest field to manipulate.

P.s. Homosexuality was once "scientifically" considered certifiable and a grace mental illness but psychologists were then pressured by homosexual lobbyists to remove it from the DSM.

Like I said, not everything in the field or shall I say "science" of psychology is always necessarily concrete.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]