Replica High Warlord...

90 Blood Elf Mage
"Many of the original level 60 ranked PvP gear items have had Replica added to the start of their name, making their name identical to the versions being sold in Area 52, for example the Replica High Warlord's Cleaver. However, they still retain their higher item level and stats."

... So can I use it now? Or do I still need to get High Warlord on this character as well :(
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
If you mean for transmogrification, then you still need to have Legionnaire+ to do it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
-Queues Star Wars "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!"-
Reply Quote
01/23/2012 11:05 PMPosted by Gorthen
-Queues Star Wars "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!"-

http://nooooooooooooooo.com/
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
IMO you should have to get Battlemaster in order to get the replicas or something. I'd say require the new RBG ranks if you didn't get them in Vanilla, but RBGs are legitimately hard, and rewarding level 60 gear that has been outdated for a while to use for just vanity shouldn't require that much effort.

I dunno, maybe make it so you only need Master of WSG, AB and AV. Just something that says "Yeah, I may have joined in BC/Wrath/Cata but I still went and grinded the original 3 BGs a bunch."
Edited by Turagent on 1/23/2012 11:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
IMO you should have to get Battlemaster in order to get the replicas or something. I'd say require the new RBG ranks if you didn't get them in Vanilla, but RBGs are legitimately hard, and rewarding level 60 gear that has been outdated for a while to use for just vanity shouldn't require that much effort.

I dunno, maybe make it so you only need Master of WSG, AB and AV. Just something that says "Yeah, I may have joined in BC/Wrath/Cata but I still went and grinded the original 3 BGs a bunch."

That'd conflict with the intent of the limitation. The short version as I understand it is that the limitation is there as an apology to vanilla PvPers for bringing back the exact same titles for RBGs after they said they wouldn't do that. Personally, I don't really care if people transmogrify it, but some do.
Edited by Karat on 1/23/2012 11:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
I was damned overjoyed when I found the non-honor-payment level 60 PvP gear in Area 52 was transmoggable, but I didn't know I had to have had at least Legionnaire to get it.

Glad I spent those sleepless nights getting to Centurion, though! Not really, but hey, I like how I look. The old PvP sets looked boss.
Edited by Delrof on 1/23/2012 11:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
"Many of the original level 60 ranked PvP gear items have had Replica added to the start of their name, making their name identical to the versions being sold in Area 52, for example the Replica High Warlord's Cleaver. However, they still retain their higher item level and stats."

... So can I use it now? Or do I still need to get High Warlord on this character as well :(

Yeah it is kind of confusing, isn't it. I guess I'll wait and see. I have some newer toons I'd like some of the gear on.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I dont see how its relevant that jimbob did days of grinding in vanilla BGs.

Those who did the grinding to Grand Marshall got to wear the best armor for their time period. isn't that reward enough?

Why penalize those who just like the look of the armor/weapons for some arbitrary rule that they don't even apply to any other aspect of the game?

They don't require you to have reached a certain rank in S1(or any season) to mog Gladiator gear. Thy don't require you to have attained the original armor that they are selling as replicas at the DMF. Why is this different?

You don't have to be the correct class for the DMF replicas but heaven forbid you try to use a main hand weapon to mog a one handed weapon that has to be of the same weapon type all while ranged weapons get a pass on the type restriction.

Then there's the issue with "silly" items like the dark herring not being mogable, but yet horseman's helm and rocket helmets are?

Legendary weapons and weapons leading up to them (like the axe from ICC, forget the name) aren't moggable because they are one of a kind or because then "everybody would use them" (i'm uncertain which is the actual stance, I have heard both) yet I see LOTS of people in the purple judgement set and that's not banned and Garosh Hellscream's axe is also moggable( how is that not a legendary again??).

They are just all over the place with these stupid rules and restrictions. I think they should just drop them and let people look how they want regardless of armor type,class,weapon type,which hand it goes in, ect. Would be nice to see something consistent and non oppressive.
Reply Quote
91 Tauren Druid
01/23/2012 11:58 PMPosted by Wayn
Those who did the grinding to Grand Marshall got to wear the best armor for their time period. isn't that reward enough?

No, it's not. The PvP system back then was nothing like the PvP system is now. People who took part in it have a certain pride about it and are often the ones still using the original PvP titles even with their reintroduction into the game (which I still feel to be a stupid move).

It's no different from those who became Scarab Lord. It meant something back then, and still means something.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
01/24/2012 12:25 AMPosted by Seiryu

No, it's not. The PvP system back then was nothing like the PvP system is now. People who took part in it have a certain pride about it and are often the ones still using the original PvP titles even with their reintroduction into the game (which I still feel to be a stupid move).

It's no different from those who became Scarab Lord. It meant something back then, and still means something.

Except a lot of those people who got Grand Marshal had people play their toons when they were asleep, at work, or at school.

Blizz has remove the restrictions on almost everything in this game. I don't get why this is the one they picked to be "special".
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
its a joke, i cant mog the gear i used at 60 cause i dinged 60 when ranks went away..... i used the gear activly. catering to the 1% is kinda bad for buisness

also to get to r14 in classic you had to have multiple people playing the same char at dif shifts or play 24/7 and have no life. no other way
Edited by Gargarensis on 1/24/2012 12:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
01/24/2012 12:25 AMPosted by Seiryu

While I agree it was a bad move to add the titles back in, I don't feel that messing with an already wonky restriction system on a feature that has nothing to do with this injustice is the right way to go.

Raiding used to be much harder as well, yet anyone can go into AQ 40 and grab some goodies for Xmog today and the same would be true for Naxx and ZG if those raids still existed in their previous incarnations. How is this any different?

Its a real shame that they took(essentially) those titles from those who earned them when they meant something, but not allowing gear that is considered iconic to the respective factions(and just plain cool) to be displayed by those who want to show some faction pride is also wrong IMO.

You know what they say about two wrongs.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
01/24/2012 12:39 AMPosted by Wayn

While I agree it was a bad move to add the titles back in, I don't feel that messing with an already wonky restriction system on a feature that has nothing to do with this injustice is the right way to go.

Raiding used to be much harder as well, yet anyone can go into AQ 40 and grab some goodies for Xmog today and the same would be true for Naxx and ZG if those raids still existed in their previous incarnations. How is this any different?

Its a real shame that they took(essentially) those titles from those who earned them when they meant something, but not allowing gear that is considered iconic to the respective factions(and just plain cool) to be displayed by those who want to show some faction pride is also wrong IMO.

You know what they say about two wrongs.

also BE paladins are completly locked out of the gear for moging unless you Xferd from alliance to horde.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
01/24/2012 12:40 AMPosted by Gargarensis
also BE paladins are completly locked out of the gear for moging unless you Xferd from alliance to horde.

I had not considered that.

The same is also true for goblins, draenei and worgen.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
01/24/2012 12:43 AMPosted by Wayn

I had not considered that.

The same is also true for goblins, draenei and worgen.

a blizzard opps didnt think about that kinda moment. but they havnt said anything on it
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
please, not this again...

it's not the end of the world if you can't transmog them, really...get over it. there is so much freaking armor to transmog why are so many people so focused on one set. the rogue set looks decent, all the other sets are fairly bland and look like some kind of 5-man dungeon armor, yet people threaten to quit the game if they can't get them. it really does boggle my mind.

The fact that there is "so much freaking armor to trasmog" and people still want this one(group) so badly is actually a decent indication of how well and widely liked this armor is.

You may not like this armor, others apparently have different tastes than you (shocker!). I happen to think the leather sets look terrible but the chain/plate sets and weapons look awesome.There is no one authority on peoples aesthetic choices.

If your so indifferent to the matter why do you post?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I wish the RBG rank could be the equivilent or if ranks could be account wide and shared, because damn I got it on my hunter, too damn bad I don't like any of the hunter gear.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
Reward players for playing classes that could kill people with one button (Aimed Shot, Ambush, Mortal Strike) or two buttons (POM Pyro) but don't reward players who play classes that now are much more complex.

ok

Honestly, some classes really don't have any right to be demanding props for getting their PvP title. Rogues especially.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJWeWMKfa3g
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]