Give incentive to populate servers!!

85 Blood Elf Priest
If I knew Gul'dan was this crap I wouldn't have joined!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
L2 research servers before xferring to them
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
its not all that bad
Edited by Xaeroe on 1/30/2012 11:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
01/30/2012 11:11 PMPosted by Xaeroe
its not all that bad
LOL?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Your comment is rather vague, Ooze...what is so bad about it?

1) Not enough pugs capable enough to carry people through that can't get into the few decent guilds on the server?

2) Population is so low that if you treat people poorly they will remember you?

3) Or somehow everywhere you go CK is ganking you?

Be more specific.
Edited by Warkin on 2/25/2012 9:40 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I only left cause some IRL friends of mine were playing on another server (sadly alliance) Not long ago they left me for Starwars
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I transfered my Priest to Tichondrious with some RL friends, I like it but...I find myself back to Gul'dan its home, everyone is cool... and you know who you guys are. Ck attempting to gank is LOL. After experiencing a high pop server I think being on Guldan is better. Ive been on this server since 3 months before BC came out so kinda hard to leave now completly=D
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/20/2012 07:00 AMPosted by Sekstual
I transfered my Priest to Tichondrious with some RL friends, I like it but...I find myself back to Gul'dan its home, everyone is cool... and you know who you guys are. Ck attempting to gank is LOL. After experiencing a high pop server I think being on Guldan is better. Ive been on this server since 3 months before BC came out so kinda hard to leave now completly=D

I've left this server twice and both times I ended up coming back.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
make a dk, level a little, hang out in trade for about an hour what ever floats your boat to pass the time.......just watch what goes on while doing so.

In the end....leveling a character is the best way to reasearch it............that and read the forums......you know where to find them.

Incentive..........last time they put guldan on the recommended list people went to starting zones and snake trapped all the new players........(or curse of doom and soul shatter when the doom guard appeared.......the old curse of doom. I miss it)

That was before wrath............never seen it there again.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I am going to have to side with the general consensus here; if it wasn't what you expected, you clearly should have really looked into it more thoroughly before transferring.

Since this is a low population server, we see people transfer here, rage on the forums about how they feel cheated, and lol when they leave. Your post will generally not attract anymore than people laughing at you or calling you out on your apparent lack of research into the status of the server before transferring.

To be honest, and not terribly abrasive, you can't just expect that something is going to be exactly what you wanted. That's a setup for disappointment. From now on, do your homework, dear.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
made this guy over the weekend, org is pretty empty it's pretty nice
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Seks you can leave and never look back...i believe in you!
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Seks won't leave. He's having too much fun in RBG's!
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
At least this server is better than Ysondre! :)
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
Man I really feel for you guys now, when I was here in wrath we were at least in like the 180-190 realm rankings, now its at the bottom almost : /.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
01/30/2012 11:11 PMPosted by Xaeroe
its not all that bad

You're right it is downright terrible.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Dear people thinking about transferring to Gul'dan:

As we, the populace of said server, have told each and every one of you time and again: DON'T DO IT. You won't like it here. The population is old and sparse. Many people have retired or transferred, and we have never had a huge rise in population. We probably never will. Most of the players have been here for years.

Obviously because the population is so low, there are few guilds, and even fewer "really good" ones. You're not going to get world firsts on this server. There just aren't enough people to build the kind of high caliber guild needed for that. You're going to have trouble finding a guild where you fit that also meets your expectations for progression.

People play on Gul'dan for the tradition and culture. You probably won't like this tradition and culture. We have an alliance player who generally lives in Orgrimmar and you're likely to piss off the older members if you attack her. Trade chat is a cesspool of stupidity 99% of the time. It's always been that way. The Auction House is unpredictable. If the item you want ever shows up for sale, it'll either be way overpriced or way underpriced. Such is the fate of a low pop economy.

Every time someone makes a level 1 character on Gul'dan to say "I am thinking about transferring here, how is this server?" I always, always say, "No, don't, you'll hate it" and the person almost always transfers anyway. It's your own damn fault for failing to listen. This priest was my first character. I created her on Gul'dan about 10 days after the server opened. Very, very few people can claim a longer residency here than I can. I know this server. I know its people. I know its trends. Ask and I will tell you: Stay away, it's not for you.

I personally love Gul'dan. I have made characters on other servers twice. I abandoned a mage at level 50 (during classic, so very near max level) and made a new one on Gul'dan. I leveled a Paladin to 80 and started tanking ICC as soon as I dinged, but I transferred her to Gul'dan anyway. Many people over the years have said "There's just something about Gul'dan... It's home" and it is--for the people who have always been here.

Transfers have a hard time adjusting to the culture and accepting this server's quirks. Make no mistake, you're not going to change it. Whole guilds have transferred here for various reasons, and they never last more than 6-12 months. They always either fall apart or transfer back off. Individuals have an even harder time settling into the server.

So before anyone thinks about transferring here again, please, consider what I've said very, very carefully. And then transfer somewhere else.

I wish you all the best of luck wherever you go, and if you come here, well, I wish you luck in that, too, even though you shouldn't do it.

Sincerely,
Savannah

TLDR: Don't transfer to Gul'dan unless you know exactly what you're getting yourself into. Then don't do it anyway.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]