Strange mouse button behavior

90 Human Mage
Hi,

I use a Logitec M705 wireless mouse on a 2011 Macbook Air. In WoW I have had issues with the mouse buttons not responding to clicks.

For example, sometimes when I use left-click to turn the camera, clicking won't register to turn the camera and instead I'll get the armored hand sliding across the screen.

It comes on randomly and can happen anywhere on the screen, although it seems to happen most often in the center (that may just be because that's where I keep my cursor most of the time). I can get the mouse to work again by rapidly clicking for a second or two.

This can happen with any button on the mouse, and it only happens in WoW. It happens both in fullscreen and windowed and without addons. I've also tried disabling the trackpad, but that didn't work either.
Edited by Räle on 1/21/2012 8:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Hi Räle,

More than likely this is due to the nano receiver for the mouse, the unibody structure of the MBA, and the location of the USB ports. This causes some interference for the mouse, which is most noticeable in WoW. The problem goes away if you use a USB extender, use a USB wired mouse or a Bluetooth mouse. This is a hardware issue, which has been escalated to Apple.

So, Thrall, Jaina, and Kerrigan are all sitting around playing poker…
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Interesting. I'll give the USB extender idea a try. Thank you!
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Let us know your results, mmkay?

Pfft! Secret doors, who needs 'em? What do I care about secret doors?... and the unparalleled delights they keep hidden from the world!
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
It works a lot better, but clicking rapidly seems to "overwhelm" the mouse and cause it to stop responding like before. Like I said, though, it's no longer much of an issue. It'd be a deal breaker for something like competitive PvP, but at the same time someone who's into competitive PvP is probably not going to be playing on a MBA.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Same problem. Except I have a gaming mouse which has a wired gaming USB. The issue also occurs in an el cheapo wireless mouse. Haven't had this issue up until about a week ago.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
That is a different thing. I believe the rapidly click is a bug that happened on Lion. I think Apple lessened the timing on it, but still may happen if you click rapidly a bunch of times. I'll look into this again. Thanks for the reports!

Pfft! Secret doors, who needs 'em? What do I care about secret doors?... and the unparalleled delights they keep hidden from the world!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Hey there,

Thought I might be able to bring some clarity to this issue.

My wife just started playing Warcraft is using a Mackbook Air (Intel i5 proc) and we noticed the mouse issue as described in the first post of this thread. The only thing I can add to the issue is that we had to double-click everything.. + all the random click related issues.

The problem is with the USB 3 port. The addition of a USB 2.0 hub fixed the problem BUT not for all mice. If you have a mouse like the RAT you will have to update drivers. For generic mice just use the hub!

Fix:
- Use a USB 2.0 hub
- Update mouse drivers if applicable

Peace
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]