Who are tank healers?

(Locked)

85 Human Paladin
01/29/2012 11:09 AMPosted by Fleurzilla
Have fun watching everyone die.

Try it with 2500 haste, 3/3 darkness and heroism and get back to me.
85 Gnome Priest
01/29/2012 11:09 AMPosted by Fleurzilla
WHY on Azeroth would you keep 3/3 Mental Agility?

lol if a priest doesnt have 3/3 mental agility then they're even more retarded then you all think i am. that talent is essential really for any priest healer reg disc, a/aa, holy....fnck id even take that as shadow. thats a staple talent for every priest
85 Gnome Priest
i just dont understand why someone would roll disc not to tank heal...thats like on my paladin being adamant about raid healing and telling the druid to tank heal instead. it just doesnt make sense to me
85 Blood Elf Paladin
01/29/2012 11:47 AMPosted by Squirtheels
thats like on my paladin being adamant about raid healing and telling the druid to tank heal instead.

Uh, please. I do not tank heal anymore. I raid heal better than the rest, why is all of your information super outdated?

A/AA was shrugged off early on and people were all "meh it's not that good", but as gear scaled it got better, and personally I thought it was good from the get-go. 15% healing on a THIRTY SECOND cooldown, not 3 minutes. Evangelism stacks last for 20 seconds, so, no...you don't smite spam. IDK what you need to be told to get it, but A/AA is good. Most heroic raiding disc use it, even some holy roll Archangel.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
This is my main healer, but i can tank heal just fine on my disc priest as well so dont know what op is talking about.
85 Human Priest
Just a quick question:

If you aren't even coming close to OOM (like that other priest who is against AA/A stated that he was ending fights at 70%+ mana), then WHY on Azeroth would you keep 3/3 Mental Agility? Could you not just drop down to 1/3 Mental Agility and take BOTH SoS and AA/A? Is Mental Agility some kind of Holy Grail?

Just a question from a (possibly clueless) paladin.

well, there are a lot of reasons! personally, ive never found SoS to be that useful (obviously just a playstyle thing) - from my own experiences, having some extra mana to work with is more valuable, even if i dont use it all, so i can be spammy/inefficient when i need to be with little consequence (imo, anyways :p )

also, i dont have a heart of the unliving yet and on 6/8 of the bosses i have to heal without replenishment (because fleur insists on going feral! >:( ) so i actually do have mana problems quite often lol

and probably the biggest reason is that ive always just taken the talent without thinking too much about it haha - but if youre not bad like me, and are actually totally comfortable with your mana, i could see taking some points out of MA being totally viable!

You can actually smite through the last black phase where everyone is grouped up and burning the boss because the debuff stacks are so high.

rofl this actually sounds pretty legit, too bad i probably wont get the chance to try it since im not raiding anymore :(

whats the point of being disc then? that's just stupid

disc is a fantastic raid healing spec as well - your position on A/AA makes more sense if you only consider disc a tank healing spec cause A/AA is pretty lame/unreliable for tank healing. but most of us have been vouching for it's awesomeness as raid healers!
85 Gnome Priest
01/29/2012 12:04 PMPosted by Evayle
Uh, please. I do not tank heal anymore

then youre useless to me because holy paladins are quite possibly the best tank heals and regardless of reg/h ultraxion and possibly warlord youre top healing done should still be to yourself and the tank(s). granted every class can suffice with tank healing (eh...except holy priests slack in that category a bit) and everyone can raid heal just fine too, except you cant just spam holy radiance and call it a day because only certain phases call for it really
85 Night Elf Druid
Our disc, with atonement spec, has ranked higher. Just sayin'.

jumpiez* GET ON
Edited by Fleurzilla on 1/29/2012 12:26 PM PST
85 Gnome Priest
01/29/2012 12:19 PMPosted by Jumpies
disc is a fantastic raid healing spec as well - your position on A/AA makes more sense if you only consider disc a tank healing spec cause A/AA is pretty lame/unreliable for tank healing. but most of us have been vouching for it's awesomeness as raid healers!

well we are arguing the same thing then. i tell everyone that disc is one of the best raid healers and one of the best tank healers. granted theres A/AA priests with heroic gear that produce better stats/numbers than me. i dont have any heroic gear. i 2 heal either with a resto druid or a resto shaman depending on the fight. i tank heal while they raid heal and theres certain phases where we all raid heal becuase the tanks dont take much damage. if i went A/AA things wouldnt work the same since i tank heal about 60% of the time
85 Gnome Priest
Thing is, no class is currently bound to one role. Every class can handle tank healing or raid healing at the moment.

we are also now arguing the same thing. what jumpies just said ^^^^ is everything ive been trying to get across. so im going to leave now
100 Human Paladin
Just a quick question:

If you aren't even coming close to OOM (like that other priest who is against AA/A stated that he was ending fights at 70%+ mana), then WHY on Azeroth would you keep 3/3 Mental Agility? Could you not just drop down to 1/3 Mental Agility and take BOTH SoS and AA/A? Is Mental Agility some kind of Holy Grail?

Just a question from a (possibly clueless) paladin.

well, there are a lot of reasons! personally, ive never found SoS to be that useful (obviously just a playstyle thing) - from my own experiences, having some extra mana to work with is more valuable, even if i dont use it all, so i can be spammy/inefficient when i need to be with little consequence (imo, anyways :p )

also, i dont have a heart of the unliving yet and on 6/8 of the bosses i have to heal without replenishment (because fleur insists on going feral! >:( ) so i actually do have mana problems quite often lol

and probably the biggest reason is that ive always just taken the talent without thinking too much about it haha - but if youre not bad like me, and are actually totally comfortable with your mana, i could see taking some points out of MA being totally viable!

You can actually smite through the last black phase where everyone is grouped up and burning the boss because the debuff stacks are so high.

rofl this actually sounds pretty legit, too bad i probably wont get the chance to try it since im not raiding anymore :(

whats the point of being disc then? that's just stupid

Actually, thanks, that answers my question about mental agility pretty well!
85 Blood Elf Paladin
then youre useless to me because holy paladins are quite possibly the best tank heals and regardless of reg/h ultraxion and possibly warlord youre top healing done should still be to yourself and the tank(s).

Ew, makes me sick. I hardly touch the tanks anymore, isn't that what disc priests are for? Beacon does enough while I raid heal better than any other class. Derp.
100 Night Elf Priest
we are also now arguing the same thing. what jumpies just said ^^^^ is everything ive been trying to get across. so im going to leave now

Ahahaha. No it's not.

RE: Disc Priest not tank healing: "whats the point of being disc then? that's just stupid"

RE: Holy Paladin not tank healing: "then youre useless to me because holy paladins are quite possibly the best tank heals"

It's fine if you want to leave, but please don't try to pretend that you've been trying to make a rational point all along--especially not if most of the statements you've made are direct evidence against it.
85 Blood Elf Priest
01/22/2012 12:09 AMPosted by Valamuna
I know from priest circles that disc priest as a tank heal is a long running joke and that they aren't really good tank heals

Ummm...

They lied to you.
90 Human Priest
01/22/2012 01:18 AMPosted by Dontpanic
Disc are extremely good tank healers. Disc priests with mana problems are typically very bad disc priests.

Or the other healers they are carrying are poor and the priest needs to pump out over-time heals to compensate.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]