Solo'ing Naxxramas 10/25 as a Paladin (prot)

(Locked)

70 Gnome Mage
Hi all, it's been awhile since I've done a Naxxramas run, but I'm wondering if it's possbile to solo the 10/25 versions. I'm pretty sure Thaddius, Patchwerk, and Four Horsemen would cause some issues.

Do certain bosses have mechanics that would make it impossible to solo? If it's not possible, is it doable with 2-3 other players?

Thanks.
I did 25 Naxx recently. We had 6 people and it went smoothly.

Patchwerk was still doing considerable damage to the tank (if the tank was the only person in melee).

Thaddius would probably enrage, although I'm not even sure you can solo his adds.

If you do not have someone near a Horseman they will continually cast something on everyone in the room; I don't know if this damage is significant or not.

Trash in the Death Knight wing requires a dispel; they get a damage absorb that gets put up almost immediately after it falls off. It took a long time for our DPS to kill the mobs without a dispel.

I'm pretty sure Razuvious would kill you.

Again this is all 25 man. I think if you were to consider soloing it would have to be 10 man.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Re: Fmya's info:

Razuvious tickles and so does the 4H debuff if they die quickly enough.
90 Pandaren Hunter
01/24/2012 07:20 AMPosted by Frontovika
Do certain bosses have mechanics that would make it impossible to solo? If it's not possible, is it doable with 2-3 other players?

I've done nearly half of the instance with a BM Hunter with a Turtle and Resto Druid. The Arachnid Quarter, Plague Quarter, Patchwerk, and Grobbulus. We did not have the control, DPS, threat tools, or healing necessary to handle Gluth. We did not attempt the Military Quarter.

Patchwerk was the only boss that presented any difficulty, but even though we missed the enrage timer, the Druid was still able to heal through it. Pretty much every fight turned into a tank and spank because the damage from ignoring mechanics (10 man) was easy to heal through. Granted, some bosses required rolling Mend Pet, Spirit Bond, and Silverback in addition to the Druid's heals, but I image you're going to use your own self-heals too.

I have personally soloed Noth in 346 gear, and wiped once on Heigan before giving up. I just wanted to do the Dalaran weekly quest, so once I reached my goal, I was done. Heigan is probably soloable, especially in current gear levels.
90 Orc Shaman
on my dk (ilevel 382) i have soloed (in naxx)

noth
heigan
loatheb
razuvious
gothik
sapph
KT

i died on anub'rekhan because of the leeching swarm (can't cast spells/attack at all as i remember) + continuous knock-in-the-air's.

i have 2 manned (with another dk friend)

anub'rekhan
grand widow (i imagine she's easily soloable)
maexxna (also imagine easily soloable, the healing debuff was so MEH it might as well not be there)
four horsemen (probably easily soloable too, we found that only the front two horsemen's debuffs really hurt, pull both --> run to back --> dps = gg)
gluth (given the stacking MS/zombies, i would say impossible to solo)
grobulus (i imagine easily soloable)
patchwerk (no idea if you could beat the enrage, me and the undergeared dk friend got the achievement for speed kill though /shrug)
thaddius (i don't know if the two mini bosses can be soloed, but no doubt thaddius himself can. we 2 manned it easily)

i think thats all of them? really you can only NOT solo gluth and (i think) anub'rekhan.

for a pally with your mastery, no doubt raz hits like a wet noodle, but i have had some trouble sometimes with him on my dk (sometimes dying) simply because i don't have enough runes to keep up bloodshield/outheal his thingo that hits for like 50k quite often.

i should probably get a friend to help me get past the definitely unsoloable bosses to try solo the other ones like grob/thadd/last two in spider wing, but i'm fairly sure they'd be soloable.

protip: make sure you soak every 2nd shadow trap on kel'thuzad to generate max vengeance. i found i wasn't going past abou 5k on my dk without taking some traps, which instantly took me to the 14-15k.
Edited by Thünder on 1/24/2012 9:12 AM PST
85 Draenei Death Knight
Prot soloing took a huge hit when Blizz decided to change WoG to a 20second CD. It's DPS output isn't as high as a DK's so thats where it falls flat alot of the time. Most soloing is done as retribution with a selfless healer build. That means you kill bosses with a high amount of DPS output and 10sec WoG before things get unmanageable.

Assuming naxx 10...

Plague wing: Noth as Prot in DPS gear
Heigen: Ret spec
Loatheb: Ret spec

Spider wing: Anub Rekhan: Prot w/ DPS gear
Faerlina: Prot w/ DPS gear
Maexxna: Prot with DPS gear and proper CD usage sub 30%.

Military wing: Razuvious: Maybe, I wouldn't bother (you can stealth past him with invisibility potion).

Gothik: Prot w/ DPS gear
Four Horsemen: Maybe prot w/ DPS gear before stacks get too high. Do Korth'azz > Rivendare > other 2.

Construct wing: Patchwerk: Maybe if you had a high ilvl of dps gear in prot spec.
Grobbulus: Prot w/ DPS gear
Gluth: No
Thaddius: Maybe (depends on dps output)

Sapphiron: Ret spec
KT: Prot w/ DPS gear.
95 Gnome Death Knight
2-manned the entire 10-man instance a couple days ago with a hunter friend. Nowhere close to the berserk timers on any of the bosses, and the friend only died on Thaddius (phase 1 Tesla Link) and Kel'Thuzad (Ice Blocks).

The only ones that will give you any serious issues are probably Gluth (high DPS needed to beat his zombie-eating heals, mortal strikes may make it impossible for non-absorb tanks, Decimate does not happen with so few people in the fight), Thaddius (significant self-healing needed for phase 1, due to Tesla Link), and Instructor Razuvious (Unbalancing Strike still hits like a truck). All of these are reasonably doable as a well-geared Blood DK, but I know my absorb/healing tanking gives me a serious edge on old content over block tanks.

All the others are fairly simple -- Four Horsemen and Kel'thuzad are the next trickiest, mostly due to them being a beat-the-soft-enrage fight with mark stacks and adds respectively.
85 Draenei Death Knight
2-manned the entire 10-man instance a couple days ago with a hunter friend. Nowhere close to the berserk timers on any of the bosses, and the friend only died on Thaddius (phase 1 Tesla Link) and Kel'Thuzad (Ice Blocks).

The only ones that will give you any serious issues are probably Gluth (high DPS needed to beat his zombie-eating heals, mortal strikes may make it impossible for non-absorb tanks, Decimate does not happen with so few people in the fight), Thaddius (significant self-healing needed for phase 1, due to Tesla Link), and Instructor Razuvious (Unbalancing Strike still hits like a truck). All of these are reasonably doable as a well-geared Blood DK, but I know my absorb/healing tanking gives me a serious edge on old content over block tanks.

All the others are fairly simple -- Four Horsemen and Kel'thuzad are the next trickiest, mostly due to them being a beat-the-soft-enrage fight with mark stacks and adds respectively.

10m naxx is a joke as a blood DK. Gear levels are high enough it all boils down to when to properly use your CDs while maintaining decent DPS.

I've been doing 25man naxx on this toon and have soloed Plague/Arachnid quarters, Grobbulus, Sapphiron, and the Four Horsemen. I'm gonna try Gothik, Razuvious and KT this lockout. Will most likely get KT and Gothik, Razuvious I doubt.

Gluth, Patchwerk and Thaddius are impossible on 25m to solo simply because our DPS isn't high enough to beat their rage timers.
85 Gnome Mage
01/24/2012 02:34 PMPosted by Spare
I've been doing 25man naxx on this toon and have soloed Plague/Arachnid quarters, Grobbulus, Sapphiron, and the Four Horsemen.

Wait, can you do Sapphiron and KT now without clearing the 4 wings?!
85 Draenei Death Knight
01/24/2012 02:45 PMPosted by Thandi
I've been doing 25man naxx on this toon and have soloed Plague/Arachnid quarters, Grobbulus, Sapphiron, and the Four Horsemen.

Wait, can you do Sapphiron and KT now without clearing the 4 wings?!

Yes.
85 Gnome Mage
That's awesome! I have a druid that has the other set pieces and just needs the helm, and I wasn't looking forward to having to clear the whole place just to try for that one piece from KT.

/happytimes
70 Gnome Mage
Thanks for all the feedback so far guys, I appreciate it. So the general consensus is that Naxx 10 should doable with 2-3 others? What about 25?

I'm also wondering if it's possible to solo/duo Black Temple, SSC, and Hyjal. With the same criteria: are there certain bosses whose mechanics would prevent it?
70 Gnome Mage
Some more input would be greatly appreciated :)
Edited by Frontovika on 1/24/2012 5:19 PM PST
100 Draenei Paladin
Thanks for all the feedback so far guys, I appreciate it. So the general consensus is that Naxx 10 should doable with 2-3 others? What about 25?

I'm also wondering if it's possible to solo/duo Black Temple, SSC, and Hyjal. With the same criteria: are there certain bosses whose mechanics would prevent it?
I 4 manned most of 25 a while back (first month or two of Firelands, so probably ~375 ilevel), with a 5th coming in for Thaddius and the final two bosses I believe.

Thaddius was the biggest problem. We wiped to enrage with 4, and made it with the 5th. I don't remember if that was 1 tank/3 DPS/1 healer or 1 tank/4 DPS.
70 Gnome Mage
Thanks for the good info!
90 Human Paladin
01/24/2012 06:38 PMPosted by Corpsetwo

Hyjal: Can easily be solo-ed as a pally (though flying trashes might take forever)

SSC: Karathess would be your biggest problem... His shadow bolt only targets mana user (which pally is one) and does half your hp... the fight is not sustainable after WoG nerf... he's easily done as my hunter though...

BT: I managed to down the first 5 bosses with my hunter+pally... first boss is not soloable without exploit but very easy to duo... Gurthok might be too difficult for pally to solo (I solo him as my huntard)

I wasn't able to down RoS; his disorient spam in phase 2 is too OP... I am not sure if stacking arcane resist would help though...

edit: From my experience, all of BC raid bosses should be able to be duo-ed as hunter+pally... except MAYBE (a huge maybe) RoS and Illidari Council...
Edited by Emmey on 1/25/2012 10:31 AM PST
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Hyjal- all bosses
SSC- all but Karathess
BT- all bosses
Most of Naxx
2 out of the 4 bosses in VoA
Soloing as ret.
100 Tauren Death Knight
The last post in this thread was 1 year and 5 days ago.
100 Undead Warrior
I hear kel'thuzad was a necromancer too
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]