Server merge request thread

85 Tauren Druid
so it has come to my attention that we can only get the devs attention by spamming the forums, hence lets see how much we can spam with talk of needing a server merge since our server is dead dieing or just very very unlucky with the population.

many people transfered off due to the lack of a server balance eg non existant alliance, i believe most of them are in 1 guild >< or the battlegroup / lack of raiding guilds to join / compete with.

it is my hope that someone see's this that can comment to a dev or anyone with any knowhow so we can finally get some answers about whats going on, what can be done and what we need to know to get the ball rolling on not being a dead server anymore :D
Reply Quote
I support this,
-Signed Endangered Species
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
There are many servers that are worse off than this one.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
does that mean that every server besides the worst should just shut up? no i think that blizz needs to know that we all need help and how do u know that there are many servers worse off did u transfer from one to come here?

maybe these other servers need to start a thread like this, get support to show that they need help too :P
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Id personally love to see 2-3-4 maybe more servers rolled into 1 so we can actually have a half full server instead of this mess of low pop servers

and the ah lol thats a joke, this servers prices jump when 1 player buys something
Edited by Kumawins on 1/26/2012 9:40 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
I don't think that most people understand how difficult a server merge would actually be. Do you realize how many people share the same names as one another? Who would be the one having that take that hit to change it, and why should they have to? Same goes for guild names and anything else of that sort. Not to mention transferring all the junk and everything else that comes along with every player. We can't even send our own stuff to other servers...you think they're going to mess around with that for hundreds or thousands of people?

I have a question spawning off of that last part just because I'm curious and I don't know...when you server transfer do you only get to take the items that are in your main bags, or does literally everything go with you like from your bank as well?

But anyway...

I agree that our poor Rivendare needs some help, but I don't think that a "merger" would be the best option or even really an option at all unfortunately. :)
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
im prity sure they have it streamed lined at this point after iv seen / been on like 2-3 servers that have merged in the past, all items get transfered, guilds didnt used to, and as for names if 2 people have the same then they get some extra stuff added on the end and a free name change, id hope that people would rather a functioning server over having a name thats just perfect with only them having it, as friends list / guilds auto change to new names so...
Reply Quote
63 Night Elf Warrior
This server is fine the way it is, don't like it then xfer off.

Blizzard wouldn't dare merge servers to show just how bad their game is sinking in population..
Reply Quote
This server is fine the way it is, don't like it then xfer off.

Blizzard wouldn't dare merge servers to show just how bad their game is sinking in population..

People not liking it and transferring off, is part of the reason why the server is as it is today..
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
The answer isn't a server merge. If you really want to save what's left of the population you've got to take initiative rather than complain to Blizzard. They won't fix it, that's up to the community. Go run a noob through an instance, or maybe don't undercut that dude selling Whiptail by 30g. Rather than run in circles around Org go sit in TB and gank a little. Do something that increases the activity of the server. Even if our population is low a pseudo active server is enough to hold onto the players we do have.

Say hi in Trade. Offer free ports. We can have the appearance of a bigger server if people would take the time to be more active on the forums and on their faction. If you want it, make it happen. Only through community can we increase our numbers and bring this server back from the dead.

/rant
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
The answer isn't a server merge. If you really want to save what's left of the population you've got to take initiative rather than complain to Blizzard. They won't fix it, that's up to the community. Go run a noob through an instance, or maybe don't undercut that dude selling Whiptail by 30g. Rather than run in circles around Org go sit in TB and gank a little. Do something that increases the activity of the server. Even if our population is low a pseudo active server is enough to hold onto the players we do have.

Say hi in Trade. Offer free ports. We can have the appearance of a bigger server if people would take the time to be more active on the forums and on their faction. If you want it, make it happen. Only through community can we increase our numbers and bring this server back from the dead.

/rant

This
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
Im in favor of a merge however in the mean time we as current residents of Rivendare need to do what we can to bring people in.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Well spoken there kaj, I agree 123%
Reply Quote
94 Tauren Druid
I wish, server is painful to keep a 25 man raiding guild running on and it is only getting worse
Reply Quote
What we need at the very least, it to have Rivendare at least be listed as "new players" realm, so we can at least have a light at the end of the tunnel.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Take Emberstorm and Retaliation, merge their servers together and create the best possible distribution population wise and make them 1 battlegroup of 15 servers or whatever. Lowest pop servers lose their names, higher pop gets the name.
So say you merge garrosh into rivendare and rivendare has a higher pop then garrosh no longer exists. If they thought it out and executed it properly then it'd work out really well imo. Cuz i'd prob say those 2 battlegroups have the biggest population issues, maybe not, i duno.
Either way i think they can use the idea of mergeing battlegroups or something like it to fix the whole low pop high pop issue in a way.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
At times, the server goes to 'medium' status, so it's not that underpopulated. However, the alliance apparently has a history of being underpopulated here, so perhaps a free alliance transfer over instead? Would make Tol' Barad a bit more interesting instead of trying to drag hordies into the guards at start.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]