Server merge request thread

85 Undead Rogue
The answer isn't a server merge. If you really want to save what's left of the population you've got to take initiative rather than complain to Blizzard. They won't fix it, that's up to the community. Go run a noob through an instance, or maybe don't undercut that dude selling Whiptail by 30g. Rather than run in circles around Org go sit in TB and gank a little. Do something that increases the activity of the server. Even if our population is low a pseudo active server is enough to hold onto the players we do have.

Say hi in Trade. Offer free ports. We can have the appearance of a bigger server if people would take the time to be more active on the forums and on their faction. If you want it, make it happen. Only through community can we increase our numbers and bring this server back from the dead.

/rant

The community here is less than ideal. Most people are just plain rude. I remember when an MMO consisted of an active and helpful community of people working together to achieve goals (think the opening of AQ40, for example). If we ever needed to do something like that again to gain access to PVE content, or any content for that matter, you might as well say this server would have one less instance/raid/BG than everyone else.

Through no fault of the company's did the server end up like this, but it would be nice to be able to enjoy the content at the same pace as a higher population server, after all, we are paying customers just like the folks on those servers. I used to joke that this place was the "island of misfit raiders". The answer here, friends, is, in fact, community. That is why I quoted your thought. We need to band together here. If we don't like how things are going, lets fix it... TOGETHER.

Let's remember that people play WoW for various reasons before I go on. As I continue, lets now focus on PVE here. Arguably, it takes the largest group effort out of the available "things to do in this game". If we look at PVE on this realm, and the available guilds to do so in, we find a handful of guilds or raids into heroic content, only one of which (my guild) is doing a 25m raid. Now there are also a number of reasons why there may be people choosing not to raid with 25 people, computer ability, lack of interest etc... but when you have a player base that is so small in comparison to others on other servers we have a natural disadvantage in the ability to field raids.

So I say all of this because I have questions. If statistically, we, as a server, are so far behind the population of high pop or even medium pop servers, and so are other low pop servers who are also struggling to stay relevant, why keep those low pop servers separate? Why let them die off slowly? Why continue to have 5v5 Tol Barads? Why let a piece of your player base, of your customers, try to enjoy your content at half capacity?

I would wholeheartedly welcome a more faction oriented community the same as I would welcome a merge of servers. We as a community of players and Blizzard as a company share responsibility in making the servers a conducive place for activity and enjoyment.

Being restricted to the server we choose (outside of a transfer) we, as players, can only do so much with the player base we are given, however.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
Do mods even read these forums? I know they're bustling w/ activity and all...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
During my time on Rivendare, I had ups and downs, made friends and made enemies. Rivendare is a great community, no matter its seclusion from the rest of the WoW-world. A server merge would change everything that makes Rivendare, "Rivendare". Its practically a two-way street when you think about it. For those who like seclusion while questing, a low-pop server is the ideal place to be. No competition for mob kills, mat-farming, etc. BUT, for those (like myself) who want to see a larger community and more opportunities, be they raiding with a larger community or what have you, a server transfer is about the only practical solution. With the recent LFR release, and Yakuza Lords jumping ship (to wherever they transferred to) higher-end guild raiding seemed to have dissipated on the server, with the exception of a few fantastic guilds. I'd seen several guilds die off during the latter part of my time on the server, and an old guild of mine (League of Legends), had become the new standard of what guilds didn't want to end up becoming. Unfortunately that is what happened to many guilds. So while a merge would indeed breathe new life into dying guilds and communities, Blizz's hands are tied, because they're always going to piss someone off no matter what they do. Maybe merge with the right number of other low population servers to become a medium-pop server?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
I agree something needs to happen with this server but dont know what can fix it. Not sure a server merge needs to happen but something does. It s is ridiculous paying 3 times normal Ah prices of other servers and this server was full of decent pvpers. The raiding struggled but this has always been a pvp focused server. Now its neither, all the pvpers Tfered off to KT or quit do to terrible balance i arenas, and no one would dare tfer here for pve. I don't pve but 'm about to start again to at least give back to the community here and so I dont have to pay 10k gold for gems...

SIG for SERVER RESCUE!!!
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
I agree something needs to happen with this server but dont know what can fix it. Not sure a server merge needs to happen but something does. It s is ridiculous paying 3 times normal Ah prices of other servers and this server was full of decent pvpers. The raiding struggled but this has always been a pvp focused server. Now its neither, all the pvpers Tfered off to KT or quit do to terrible balance i arenas, and no one would dare tfer here for pve. I don't pve but 'm about to start again to at least give back to the community here and so I dont have to pay 10k gold for gems...

SIG for SERVER RESCUE!!!

That's just it, too... what will fix it? There is no allure to bring any type of new players to a server that has nothing to offer them. Blizz could at the very least offer free migration here or something...
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Well nothing will likely happen like sever migration till MoP release when severs like illidan and KT have 4 hours wait times to log on. It be nice though. I jsut hope blizzard is reading this post. people Need to encourage others on our server to post here. Its sad doing /who and less that 40 85s are in org during peek times...
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
The game is on the decline, has blizzard overlooked this? Was this unexpected? I don't think it should have been... 7 years a game is going to start to lose interest, no matter what you do.

So I say all of this because I have questions. If statistically, we, as a server, are so far behind the population of high pop or even medium pop servers, and so are other low pop servers who are also struggling to stay relevant, why keep those low pop servers separate? Why let them die off slowly? Why continue to have 5v5 Tol Barads? Why let a piece of your player base, of your customers, try to enjoy your content at half capacity?

I have been on the server for a couple of years now... I fully enjoyed it when it was high, even medium population. I can hardly get an RBG group together twice a week. Is it really that hard to server merge? Kill off the dying servers PLEASE. Let us enjoy the game on a normal pop. server.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
There is something that needs to be done with a lot of the lower pop realms.

Signing thread. <3 Ayeka!
Reply Quote
14 Night Elf Warrior
The amount of Alliance characters on this server is pathetic, there's no competition here because of the contrast of players between the many horde and the few Alliance. I vote that there should be a server merge with a realm that's heavy on the Alliance side to balance this realm.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
Yeah my guild has decided that we are jumping ship like yakuza and going to Kil'Jaeden. Good bye rivendare /wave
Edited by Zpeople on 2/16/2012 6:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
as 10m raiding guild we are struggling to find people to fill roles, if one person in a raid decides to take a break from wow it should not cause such a catastrophe for the 10m group, our progression has been halted severely because we do not have the playerbase in rivendare of geared and/or skilled people to fill those spots... and if you go to other servers trade chats constantly "LFM RBGS or H FL" pugs are going 3/8 H DS on some... it becomes frustrating for those who do not have more than 14 people on in a guild at one time. and only 1 group of raiding
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I May have a solution to our Raiding Problems I brought it up with my Guild this Morning and the ones that were on at the time were for the Ideal.

We can help the other people on our realm Gearup. You may not have the "pinpatient" (I think I miss Spelled That, Not a great speller) Well anyway Gearing up others on our realm will not only help us but it will hopefully help our poor server as well =) I hope you all agree. As for me I need to learn to PVP and not coward and hide. lol.

If you take intrest in this Ideal Bring it up in your guilds to some of them may also put it into Action =) And Good Luck!!!!!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Well I joined 2 PvE gilds this week on my priest and warlock for multiple reason this thread being one. Normally I sit in org doing arenas or bgs and dont give back to the server, but since this server is so dead I've decided to start pve again. I have Lucked out and both guild that I joined took me as a undegered Priest and Lock and are fully running me through DS. They have been pretty patient with me while also learning the fights as I have not Raided since Ulduar hardcore, and LFR no lie, i never payed attention to anything as it doesnt really matter nothing can 1 shot you so i was doing the fights wrong. I know they would more than willing do the same for other competent people (although I did mess up 2 times on Ultraxion last night >< pressed the button 2 fast lol but that wont happen again...)

The biggest matter at hand though Is not just finding and gearing people but having people period... I cant even imagine Alliance side and why people even play alliance on this server. Im so frustrated with horde side as it is. Props to oyu guys for sticking it out, its hard enough sticking it out horde side.

THIS is the reason we need something to happen though. Its not fun having 3v3 and 5v5 TB When I first came here there use to be epic battles of 30-40 ppl in tb. I was fun. This is not.
Its not fun sitting in trade chat for 2 1/2 hours looking for 1 healer and 1 tank for a DS10... and then only getting 5 bosses down and having to finish it another night hoping every1 logs on for it cause it took so long just to find a tank for healer... Its not fun paying 300gold for Inferno Rubies on the AH... and Epic gems are impossible to buy...

Support Action from blizzard in this matter we need something Server Merge/Free Tfers hell you make millions off this game blizzard FIX our server to many people have either server tfered or quit on our server and this will continue to happen on low pop servers if you dont do something...

I miss logging on to 30+ ppl dueling in Durotar...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
There are a variety of reasons given and evidences of the population problems in the realm. Since I also have characters on Wyrmrest (High population, RP) I can definitely attest to a better life in a higher population server, but I think the reasons are far more complex than most of the off-hand answers develop. There’s a clear problem when the one individual who can command 1/3 of the AH posts quits posting because he has NO sales, there is a clear population problem. (Nods to Xan*)

Thesis: The population problem is related to typical business concerns – competition, saturation, aging clientele (an inability to sustain growth with new populations), stagnation, etc. Two tactics that seem applicable are a sustaining tactic, or a redefining tactic, and they are somewhat exclusive. It isn’t clear which Blizzard is interested in pursuing. New content is not greatly redefining the game, but certain aspects of the game (World PvE – not raiding, and World PvP) have been heavily damaged by end-game focus. Specifically:

1. Lack of emphasis on World PvE. There’s little reason to continue world exploration. The rewards for world PvE are inferior in every aspect to those of the managed/scripted content. Having opportunity for really epic drops as a reward (random even) for world exploration and interaction would be quite helpful I think. (E.g. chests occasionally dropping epic mounts, 403 level weps, both PvP and PvE gear items.) Without world PvE you get a top heavy and useless AH.

2. Failure to maintain healthy crafting. No crafting currently competes in product quality or reward to the drops you get from pursuing canned raids, arenas, or bgs. Why bother? Crafted items must compete to promote healthy AH and interaction. The changes to inscription require a healthy influx of new people but the current model promotes end-gamers pursuing gear, not new players. Rush through the content and gear up on honor or justice is the only mode left unless you like to RP.

3. The loss of World PvP. I hope the designers that ruined the gem that was Southshore, where spontaneous wars erupted, sometimes unbounded, that represent some of my best and most memorable WoW experiences, are reconsidering that action for future designs. The difference is the boxed –in vs. boundary free sort of spontaneous experience the world environment can offer if nurtured. The last two expansions and many of the new features undermine this type of unpredictable and expansive environment, making the world a ghost town.

4. Level differential/balance stretch. It used to be that a skilled player at level 63 could potentially beat a level 69 or 70 opponent with lesser skill. The differential between levels was small. Today, a well geared 85 can now practically one-shot a poorly geared 85. That makes the game focus almost entirely on “gear” and not on the other aspects of success that add richness to the environment. A level or gear should provide a skillful player some small advantage, but not necessarily mean a lot to one who isn’t if you want to promote world interaction and conflict.

I think there is little hope for the richness that was vanilla w/o an influx of new blood, or a reason to maintain alts/chars at various game levels. Wouldn’t it be interesting if your world explorer 32 hunter could open a chest and receive a BOA 403 level sword? How much incentive would there be to roam the world if you could get valuable items that matched the canned content regularly enough to promote that interaction? If we can’t get enough new players, then we need to spread out the old ones somehow.

There is a marketing aspect to all this too, but that’s a post for a different day.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Just had another thot - wouldn't it be great if during a world PvP fight, you could get a BOA gear drop that scaled to your character? Or if those chests opened up to 300g rewards and chaos orbs? How much more might you fill out quest trees and explore the dark woods, selling of the mats you gained along the way, if you had a chance for rewards that matched the honor/valor/justice rewards in some way? Seems that lacking such incentive and a real market supply problem (new players) there is only one conclusion, a world of raiding and PvP gear gunkies following scripted "best dps/best heals" gearing charts from assorted Web sites, plus increasing boredom for those without the hours to invest in planned multi-stage raids.

High population realms still seem to have some of this, although even Wyrmrest lacks some of the harder to get to world mats in its AH. The game must create incentive to obtain and distribute those items to once again flush out market balance and increase incentives for new players to join. It stinks being a new player in a game dominated by massively accomplished folks with few to interact with at current level.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
First of all Bump for this thread :D

I feel pretty confident in speaking for the entire guild in saying that we would all welcome a sever merge. Most of us have 5-10 85s and all of our slots filled with alts on Rivendare. My personal frustration with the low pop is finding enough people to do alt runs/full clears with. Gobbstopper pointed out above they can't even fill their 10 man main raid and they're some of the best raiders the sever has atm. The other extreme of this is that we have several well geared and good DPS looking for solid raid groups, but we don't have enough raid groups to support them.(we need more tanks/healers) If you've been on the last few days sure you've seen the spam in trade chat.

I seriously doubt that a sever merge or even a free toon xfer to our sever is in the near or even not so near future. This being said, it really just falls to us to make the best of the situation. I really like Moonshard's idea (post 32). Tophar from my guild had this idea as well but we were not sure how to execute it. The most I personally have been able to do is to help a few guilds and pugs down madness or gunship or w.e. they were stuck on as well as keeping my guild fairly open to anyone that wants to join. I just personally don't have a consistent enough schedule to run more than 3 days a week if even. RL>WoW.

I guess in summation; I as well as my guildies would love to have a server merge happen. Since we do not see that happening any time soon we need to keep our chins up and keep chugging along, helping other with everything from PUGS to the now total joke of world PVP that we have. Trying to be more open to helping others will improve the sever faster than anything else.

And that's my 2 cents.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
Another bump for one of the only meaningful threads on this forum.
Edited by Kajaje on 2/24/2012 1:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Please do something about this, there's only 5 damn staves on the Auction house....wtf?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
My wife and I have been playing on Rivendare for 3 years and the population has dropped significantly over the last 3 months due to people quitting or transferring to higher population realms. Part of the fun of World of Warcraft is living in a virtual world that FELT like a world. The illusion of vibrancy and purpose is negated when even the major cities feel like ghost towns. As the leader of a guild on Rivendare I have had the chance to ask several people why they are quitting/leaving and the number one answer isn't Cataclysm changes or patch tweaks or Bioware's 'The Old Republic'. The number one reason is that the social aspect of WoW is what was holding them here. With the population dying out, that social aspect is gone.

Please merge Rivendare into a larger population realm to stop the bleeding.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Crytal has some really interesting points, while i think that would all be great for a new expansion it doesn't help the current situation. MoP won't be out probably till around Nov-Dec. I dont think a server like rivendare can make it that long. It will only get worse. Look what has happened in the last 3 months. This server while low pop was very active, and in 3 months it has practically died. what will happen in 10 months. There are no new content releases to keep ppl from tfering/canceling as Tarpalantir stated the bleeding will continue. Eventually horde side is going to be like alliance on this server almost non-existent.

Please encourage everyone on this server to reply to this thread!

EDIT:
I actually talked to a rep over the phone and they said the only way to make something happen is get everyone on our server to post here so do it.

Continue to support everyone on our server even the newbs work with them, gear them, tell them what they are doing wrong and how to improve instead on telling them they suck and to uninstall wow.
Edited by Playful on 2/26/2012 11:14 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]