Server merge request thread

85 Undead Rogue
Crytal has some really interesting points, while i think that would all be great for a new expansion it doesn't help the current situation. MoP won't be out probably till around Nov-Dec. I dont think a server like rivendare can make it that long. It will only get worse. Look what has happened in the last 3 months. This server while low pop was very active, and in 3 months it has practically died. what will happen in 10 months. There are no new content releases to keep ppl from tfering/canceling as Tarpalantir stated the bleeding will continue. Eventually horde side is going to be like alliance on this server almost non-existent.

Please encourage everyone on this server to reply to this thread!

Agree. Rivendare is a great community but the faltering population is making it painful to find teams (Something essential for what is seemingly the premier pvp server of our battlegroup). There's absolutely no point to let so many population-declining servers die when there is such a simple solution.
Edited by Khaneqt on 2/26/2012 11:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
1 Dwarf Paladin
Hello my name is angry nerd, I live alone and no one on wow likes be cause I have no social skills, please force other angry nerds to play with me.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
It sucks not being able to pickup another raid member if someone is unavailable or doesn't show up. I do like the lower population if only for the reason that you get to know people well but at the cost of not being able to play the game i'd gladly trade that for a higher population.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
I agree I have been on servers like Illidan and KT and on medium pop and low pop. I prefer the smaller servers, medium pop is a nice mix of the two not so small, but you can find solid PvE/PVP and the AH isnt crap, but i have fallen in love with this server and dont wanna tfer off... I want this server to be strong again with the feel of a medium pop server.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
EDIT:
I actually talked to a rep over the phone and they said the only way to make something happen is get everyone on our server to post here so do it.

Continue to support everyone on our server even the newbs work with them, gear them, tell them what they are doing wrong and how to improve instead on telling them they suck and to uninstall wow.

Sound advice, lets get to posting and start this up. I want to improve our community in any way possible and I've been trying to get the word out to everyone I talk to about that. Shameless promotion for 25m raiding, talk to me, slowly making an 8/8H capable. =p

Also, be nice and help, that's why I quoted. Random trolling really is counter productive to what we're trying to accomplish, but for some reason everyone thinks they're funny when do that instead of give someone an answer. IDC how good you think you are at this game, you were a noob once, and needed help. Jerks! (jk <3 you, but srs)
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
This thread is quite relevant to my interests. But to be serious something needs to happen and I'm quite sure I can say that all of Final Chapter is behind bringing life back to this server.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
I'll throw my vote in for the server merge
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Also, be nice and help.. Random trolling really is counter productive to what we're trying to accomplish, but for some reason everyone thinks they're funny when do that instead of give someone an answer. IDC how good you think you are at this game, you were a noob once, and needed help. Jerks! (jk <3 you, but srs)

^
Edited by Stattis on 2/26/2012 2:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
Blizzard wont server merge, it would be a loss of profit, forcing people to xfer is more productive for them.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
A portion of the player base deactivating would be a loss too. People cope w boredom and lack of a population different, some leave and pay 25, some deactivate, some play through.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
02/26/2012 04:00 PMPosted by Crossfíre
Blizzard wont server merge, it would be a loss of profit, forcing people to xfer is more productive for them.

On the surface that seems true, but think of it as an investment. Yes, Blizzard would lose the money from the players that are willing to pay for a transfer, but I imagine there is a much larger player base that, if forced to choose, would quit before they spent more money. Any business knows that keeping your customer/client/etc is far better than having to win them back or build new ones. People are always going to transfer, they won't lose that completely, but to sit back and do little to nothing to keep those of us who aren't willing to spend more money on a game/don't have the money to do so around seems like a bad business decision imo.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
02/26/2012 12:54 PMPosted by Chyros
It sucks not being able to pickup another raid member if someone is unavailable or doesn't show up. I do like the lower population if only for the reason that you get to know people well but at the cost of not being able to play the game i'd gladly trade that for a higher population.

I think that is the most frustrating part of all of this. There are pros and cons to all servers, but not being able to field a raid because a single person isn't able to make is the worst.
Edited by Stattis on 2/26/2012 5:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Blizz is going to lose profit by keeping how many low pop servers up? With out the active accounts to pay for the overhead of costs of running the servers and to preform the maintenance required to keep them up and running, then what is left to gain? Eventually, the pop is going to run too low, and it's going to cost Blizz money out of their profits to keep the server up and running.

We have had at least one server merge thus far. Why couldn't they do it again? If it was really that hard, then they wouldn't offer such services, as Character transfers, or guild transfers at that.

I have been here since BC, and don't really have the desire to find a new home. Let's keep our new players, promote other players to come to our server when they inquire. Keep it from going completely dead.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
Honestly, whatever the company does w their income is completely off track of the point of this thread. We should be focusing on trying to get the heartbeat back into this server ^^.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
02/26/2012 05:53 PMPosted by Muradmode
Honestly, whatever the company does w their income is completely off track of the point of this thread. We should be focusing on trying to get the heartbeat back into this server ^^.

I completely agree.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Just out of curiosity, have we ever talked with a GM about this? I'm sure that if there's a specific one in charge of our server he might be bored out of his skull...

But yes, please let SW look like an actual capital city one day.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Even looking for a 2's is nearly impossible I guess.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I got bored and did a tally after seeing this tonight: http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/8765/dafuq.png

Did a search on the /who and got a total of 64 Horde and 27 Alliance.

So... <100 people = Medium population?

Our night crew repopulates Rivendare!
Reply Quote
idk if a sever merger is the answer but something needs to be done i can almost assure everyone that FCT's will not save the server no one will want to bring there toons/ guilds to a low pop server with a bad economy here so the best idea is a server merger just my 2 cents on the matter w/e does happen i hope it works out possibly some kind of incentive to migrate your guild/toons here like a free 60 day tiome card or some other perk
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
02/26/2012 05:28 PMPosted by Stattis

On the surface that seems true, but think of it as an investment. Yes, Blizzard would lose the money from the players that are willing to pay for a transfer, but I imagine there is a much larger player base that, if forced to choose, would quit before they spent more money. Any business knows that keeping your customer/client/etc is far better than having to win them back or build new ones. People are always going to transfer, they won't lose that completely, but to sit back and do little to nothing to keep those of us who aren't willing to spend more money on a game/don't have the money to do so around seems like a bad business decision imo.

I think Stattis got a lot of this right - Blizz has been concentrating on raids, PvP options, etc. to shore up the base the last year or two. No argument that a business tries to retain customers. The problem is retaining folks with a stable full of 85s kills off the expansiveness and "world" feel of the game. You can play endgame sitting by a mailbox in a cap city and waiting for whatever boxed event to pop. At some point that has the same bad effect that not marketing to the status quo does, it drives away the old customers who find something new elsewhere, except for those few that want just the end-game features.

I've been playing Blizzard Warcraft games since the original Warcraft, and the ability of Blizzard folks to create an alternate reality and BALANCE has always been fantastic. In this case however, at life-end, balance is working against us, because there appears to not be enough new blood or influx to maintain the supporting pieces that create a "world" of Warcraft when a server goes low-pop.

What's left is "Raid of Warcraft" or "Arena of Warcraft" and it isn't as fulfilling over the long term.

Note: When you look at the realms, it is clear there are many low-pop PvP servers, and very few norm and RP servers are low pop. I think it is the social/world environment that adds vibrancy to those servers. Perhaps a PvP focus has a tendency to blunt that experience (and an undesirable side affect of creating a lot of trolls, chest thumpers, bad tempers, and lack of personality.) I don't RP but I love the environment and energy of Wyrmrest (if not so much the drama.) I'm on a couple PvP servers and they both lack that feel. Maybe we are our own worst enemies.

Thumbs up to those that talk about helping and bringing folks up, creating a better environment, I'm right there with you, always have been. At the same time, a population influx would be helpful so I'm pro merger. Finally, see my long meander on world environment, that was always what attracted me to Warcraft - the expansive open space, and I still think we need that space back in play to keep interest levels up for years to come.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]