Server merge request thread

90 Night Elf Death Knight
I'm waiting 2 to 3 minutes now at 85 for a battleground. It isn't just Rivendare that is low pop, low interest, it seems to be the entire battlegroup.

Thus thumbs up for a merger, but maybe a retooling of the battlegroup as well. I've gotten used to only "trying for a bg on Fri. evenings and w/e for lower alts, but to suffer at 85 end game in a multi-server battlegroup is getting pretty dire population/participation wise.

Reply Quote
76 Human Warrior
02/26/2012 12:34 PMPosted by Microbepro
Hello my name is angry nerd, I live alone and no one on wow likes be cause I have no social skills, please force other angry nerds to play with me.

Coming from someone who's server got a "New Players" Bump around their name. Case and point
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Mabe a server shut down would be simpler. that way you would get a free X-fer to any other realm you want.
Reply Quote
bump bump bump server merger or server shutdown and free transfers go go peak server hours has 47 85's online
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
When I left Rivendare a couple month or so back, there was barely a community to speak of remaining. If what folk are saying is true, that during during peak hours there are less than 100 players online on Rivedare nowadays, then maybe a shutdown and free xfer off would be most viable. While Blizz does make money off of character transfers, at some point the cost of maintaining the server is going to outweigh the cost of waiting for customers to transfer. Seems like its a win/win: Blizz saves money by shutting down a server that has become a liability to them, and Rivendare citizens get to pick whether they'd like to go to a 'not-quite-so-empty' - population server or a higher population server. Everyone's happy?
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
03/01/2012 09:40 AMPosted by Blastoíse
When I left Rivendare a couple month or so back, there was barely a community to speak of remaining. If what folk are saying is true, that during during peak hours there are less than 100 players online on Rivedare nowadays, then maybe a shutdown and free xfer off would be most viable. While Blizz does make money off of character transfers, at some point the cost of maintaining the server is going to outweigh the cost of waiting for customers to transfer. Seems like its a win/win: Blizz saves money by shutting down a server that has become a liability to them, and Rivendare citizens get to pick whether they'd like to go to a 'not-quite-so-empty' - population server or a higher population server. Everyone's happy?

This server's decline has been incredibly apparent. I'd even vote for this. I'd just like to stop playing the game and feeling like an outcast because of the lack of people.
Reply Quote
76 Human Warrior
03/01/2012 11:47 AMPosted by Muradmode

This server's decline has been incredibly apparent. I'd even vote for this. I'd just like to stop playing the game and feeling like an outcast because of the lack of people.

When's the last time rivendare was a "new players" realm. Every server has a history, we need to keep this one at least heading in the right direction when MoP breaks. Because a point before that i've seen made is that when the free transfers open up from high population servers we'll get growth through that. If they'd give me a free transfer i'd go to another low population server. Because alot of people complain about server population, it's another for people like us who go through it...But to give up hope? Part of the issue would be that when a population of a server gets low, it's gets lower because of the mindset of people transferring to a high population server to solve your issue. It's like taking pain medication for a toothache. Makes the pain go away but the rot is still there. However it goes i always feel i must be where we can make the most impact. Whatever path you or the server take. I'll be here till the server closes down on the shutdown day.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
Let's actually DO stuff as a server. As I've always said, what we lack in numbers we can make up for in community. Are there any guilds out there looking for some world PVP action? I know for a fact Bipolar has players nearly foaming at the mouth for something like that.

I remember the drama between Bipolar and Retreat like a Beast. We fought in random locations and even though it ended with the two guilds hating each other it was undeniably one of the coolest experiences I've had on the server. We fraps'd, talked crap on the forums, started a rivalry that ended up with both guilds spreading each others vent info, etc. It was wonderful, wonderful drama. When it comes to rebuilding a server drama is your friend.

I also recall when Bipolar Penguins and Fight on Flags had a friendly 10v10 or so in Nagrand. No nerdraging, just a badass guild vs guild event. We need more stuff like that, so if there are any guilds on Horde side looking for this kind of thing hit me up. I can find the Alliance players if you find the Horde.

Let's do !@#$ like this. It's one thing to cry to Blizzard for a server merge that isn't going to happen, but if you actually want to help you can participate in things like this. Disregard the dumbass saying of "red is dead" and let's help each other out via frapsing some world pvp, guild vs guild fights. Put it on youtube, promote the %^-* out of it, and attract attention. If we want more people to come to this server we have to give them a reason to WANT to come here.

I'm frankly amazed at how many names I'm seeing on this thread. I didn't even realize Rivendare had this many players who checked the forums. We all have the same goal, so let's do something about it.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
I May have a solution to our Raiding Problems I brought it up with my Guild this Morning and the ones that were on at the time were for the Ideal.

We can help the other people on our realm Gearup. You may not have the "pinpatient" (I think I miss Spelled That, Not a great speller) Well anyway Gearing up others on our realm will not only help us but it will hopefully help our poor server as well =) I hope you all agree. As for me I need to learn to PVP and not coward and hide. lol.

If you take intrest in this Ideal Bring it up in your guilds to some of them may also put it into Action =) And Good Luck!!!!!

This is what we need to be doing. I've been pushing "be active in the community" for ages, but this is the type of example people need to follow. Practice the art of selflessness and help those who actually need it.

On a different note but still somewhat related to the topic at hand, I personally don't raid at all, and it surprised the hell out of me when Contemporary Heroes invited me to come loot Hagara for my legendary quest. No cash, no incentive, just a simple "we want to help people on the server get the daggers." Other servers charge upwards of 10k for that opportunity, and here CH is, giving it away for free. That's a damn cool thing. We need more players like that, who look past "what's good for me" and delve deeper into "what's good for the server."

CH and Silverdragon have earned more respect from me than any other guild because of these things. They're driving this goal forward, and I can only hope people will take this as an inspirational example of how you should help bring this server back to life.
Reply Quote
heard a romur of hyjal moongaurd rivendare merger be as it may just a rumor
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
This is what we need to be doing. I've been pushing "be active in the community" for ages, but this is the type of example people need to follow. Practice the art of selflessness and help those who actually need it.

On a different note but still somewhat related to the topic at hand, I personally don't raid at all, and it surprised the hell out of me when Contemporary Heroes invited me to come loot Hagara for my legendary quest. No cash, no incentive, just a simple "we want to help people on the server get the daggers." Other servers charge upwards of 10k for that opportunity, and here CH is, giving it away for free. That's a damn cool thing. We need more players like that, who look past "what's good for me" and delve deeper into "what's good for the server."

CH and Silverdragon have earned more respect from me than any other guild because of these things. They're driving this goal forward, and I can only hope people will take this as an inspirational example of how you should help bring this server back to life.

Maybe if a lot of us practiced a little more kindness and appreciation indeed we'd revive the server a bit. Thumbs up on the attitude and goal. Perhaps I'll walk around some this weekend and drop some savage leather kits or enchants or epic gems on unsuspecting allies just to say "glad to see ya!"

That said, there needs to be more to this game than end-game raiding and fighting, we need to see reasons to experience the full world, including exploration, crafting, exchange. End game hurts those who can't or don't schedule their lives around WoW events, and an event driven world may be part of what is hurting the game. Things that encourage new participants and that push us back into the world at large would be another positive step. There's too much interesting potential sitting untapped in that vast environment.
Reply Quote
10 Human Priest
    Blizzard is not merging servers.
    Blizzard loves $$$
    The folks with the constructive critique on this Forum are Awesome.
    Do things to make it better

Trade Chat: Is to boost a servers economy, not for cry babies and whiners.
Auction House: WE provide the items, make the Gear/chants/Gems etc. Affordable, likewise for Materials.
Promote your Guilds
Have FUN !
Reply Quote
76 Human Warrior
    Blizzard is not merging servers.
    Blizzard loves $$$
    The folks with the constructive critique on this Forum are Awesome.
    Do things to make it better

Trade Chat: Is to boost a servers economy, not for cry babies and whiners.
Auction House: WE provide the items, make the Gear/chants/Gems etc. Affordable, likewise for Materials.
Promote your Guilds
Have FUN !

Ah prices should stablize more around the time we're medium. Mat farming isn't hard on my main due to low population. It's the demand side on that that is hurting imo.
Reply Quote
27 Troll Druid
Blizzard is not merging servers.Blizzard loves $$$The folks with the constructive critique on this Forum are Awesome.Do things to make it betterTrade Chat: Is to boost a servers economy, not for cry babies and whiners.Auction House: WE provide the items, make the Gear/chants/Gems etc. Affordable, likewise for Materials. Promote your GuildsHave FUN !Ah prices should stablize more around the time we're medium. Mat farming isn't hard on my main due to low population. It's the demand side on that that is hurting imo.

supply and demand there is no demand because there are few active players/guilds here
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
I wonder if Rivendare might be a good place to encourage folks to try out "Iron Manning" as a way to build up the population of low level players. Since it's essentially a soloing way to play the game, if they pick Rivendare they can truly enjoy the one player vs. the big empty world vibe.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Bipolar Penguins has officially left Rivendare, taking another 10+ (and that's only in the first two days of the guild move, I'm sure it will continue growing) of the most active alliance players with it.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Ill tell you one thing, ive been playing WoW for about 7 years now. Ive been on Rivendare from day 1. It was at one point a great server lots of friends and fun there was always activity always stuff going on. Now Rivendare is a shell of its former self, ive seen the decline before my eyes its sad really.

The thing that makes Rivendare even worse is the fact that yes the community on here is a friggin joke. You ask anything in trade or general and you get trolled all over, sarcasm, douchey answers no help at all. Its a wonder lowbies dont wanna play on here. I try my hardest i help them answering them and giving them advice mainly because i feel so bad for them. My GF has played WoW for awhile she isnt to familiar with her class but she plays well the thing is if she ever asks a question in trade she just gets called a noob and trolled and thats it.......its a damn shame.

My friend and i sat in trade trying to pull a Raid on SW together for 20 mins no one all we got was a bunch of ppl trolling us. If it wasnt for the fact that all my friends and i play on this server and it wasnt so expensive id server transfer because its so aggravating. Everyone on here asking for community unity i agree 100%. Sure you can say WoW is dying out but how are we the fans who stay going to keep enjoying the game when so many people are so rude and non helpful. Im not yelling merger or shutdown but atleast lets come together as a server and not be so aggressive towards one another. Were WoW fans so lets come together as WoW fans.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Joey #1
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Server merge would be pretty nice. So sad to see 17 people online in org on a tues night.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]